What's new

RACES IN PAKISTAN

Can you prove form any GENETIC RESEARCH that Pathans are Cent asian race .

I told you that an INDIAN DOCTOR has GENETICALLY PROVED ISRAELI ancestory
of pathans and his research is to be verified by British team of doctors.So you have to wait for some time for that sort of a research to come.

1) You haven't given me a link to this Indian doctor. Your link was to "maulanaFuzalanascientist.com". This is no genetic research.

2) I already have proved they (Pathans) are non-semitic people, and are central asian. Refer to the maps above. Here they are attached below also. The maps are an indication of a Northern ancestry of Pathans.

Attachments

• hapl.jpg
    hapl.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 26
Now I am giving you the link

Navras नवरस נבראס: March 2007

Dont dub it as an indian Conspiracy.I know many pakistani hate the Indians.

But just for research .this was done in Univ of Lucknow.

We will get the better of it once the research is verified in British Universities .

have you any evidence that Pathans have any similarity with cent asians(language,names of places,Rituals).

Now I am giving you the link

Navras नवरस ×*בראס: March 2007

Dont dub it as an indian Conspiracy.I know many pakistani hate the Indians.

But just for research .this was done in Univ of Lucknow.

We will get the better of it once the research is verified in British Universities .

have you any evidence that Pathans have any similarity with cent asians(language,names of places,Rituals).

I've given you evidence, i'll give you more later. I'll tell you one thing now though. I read your link (which is just a blogspot, and this guy from the "university of lucknow" does seriously seem to be unintellectual if he's basing his assertions on what I think he is) - Your reference says that Pathans share the same little piece of DNA code as 40 % of Jews worldwide. The basis of this seems to be his reasoning. If so this is absolute bs, because modern day Jews are predominantly Ashkenazi, and not Sephardic (true Jews). The Ashkenazi Jews originated from the Khazar kingdoms in Eastern Europe, and this is why 40% of modern day Jews share some little pieces of DNA in common with Pathans. The Sephardic (true) Jews share DNA with semitic groups like Palestinians etc. The lost tribes of Israel would have been the original Jews in the land of Palestine/Israel, and these would only have been Sephardic, not Ashkenazi. So, in actuality, this clueless University of Lucknow PhD student, has got it all wrong if this is the basis of his reasoning.

The British Universities have never claimed the Pathans were a lost tribe of Israel, and never will. Because it would be stupid to. The genetic evidence is very clear. I'll post some more later on it.

I think RR's argument about the Jews belonging to two different categories holds up from simple visual evidence as well. You have Jews who look completely Caucasian, fair, blue eyed (European I suppose)- and then you have the more "semitic" looking Jews, who could just as easily be taken for Arab/Mediterranean peoples.

Agno whatever that Mosabja says i do not agree with him even one per cent. RR is authority on such topics :)

and at the End We Pathans are beautiful people arent we ?? :D

Lol I know the jews many off them are Khazarians and I have also read the book

THE 13 TRIBE KHAZARIA.

Put that research of Indian doctor aside.WHERE DID THE LOST 10 TRIBES GO?

can you please tell me???

I say that lost tribes are pathans who number 45 million or some.While Israelis are only 2 tribes which number 40 million JEWS.So actually only 40 % of some Jews are SEMITIC and the rest are KHAZARIANS.

The DNA of pathans can never MATCH with that of KHAZARIANS they lived in south east europe,turkey. Earlier you were saying Pathans are CENT ASIANS.
now are saying they are Khazars(Europians)

Pathans are beautiful but at the same time AL TOGETHER DIFFERENT from other Indian races so they are not Dravidian or some thing like that.Even my friend a WAZIR tells me that the elders of tribe know their lineage is traced back to JEWS.

Can you explain why the names of pathan cities are like this.

1. Pathan Pashtoons also known as Pathans.Very few people knows that Pithon is the name of the great-grandson of King Saul,mentioned among a list of hundreds of names chronicling the descendants of the Twelve Tribes (Ref:Chronicles I , 8:35)

8:34 The son of Jonathan:Meribbaal.8Meribbaal was the father of Micah.

8:35 The sons of Micahithon, Melech, Tarea, and Ahaz.

2. AFGHANISTAN Afghanistan is derived from "Afghana," the grandson of King Saul of the tribe of Benjamin. This Historical fact is also ignored by the “innocent” so called Western “Historians”

3. KOHAT City in the NWFP and also Meaning: assembly in Hebrew is the second son of Levi, and father of Amram (Gen. 46:11) He came down to Egypt with Jacob, and lived to the age of one hundred and thirty-three years (Ex. 6:18).Note: The so called great Western Historians also skipped this important fact in their writings just to conceal the truth.

4. Zabul Zabul was the name of the Son or grandson of Israel and also it’s the name province in Afghanistan.The fact is during the time Mahmud Ghaznavi,the whole of Afghanistan was called as ZABUL as famous poet FIRDAUSI called Mahmud as SHAH-E-ZABUL i.e King of Zabul.(Also this is ignored by the Wicked Historians of the West)

5. Khyber A fort of Jews during the time of Dear Prophet Muhammad(sallalaho alay hay wa sallam)...and also a place on Pakistan and Afghanistan border which also has the same meaning as that of Hebrew i.e Fort.

6. Peshawer This city in NWFP province of Pakistan has its name and location present in the Torah, a place called HABER or HAWER is mentioned as the place of exile of the lost tribes.Now Peshawer is comprised of two parts,the word Pesh means the Pass( which can be the famous Khyber Pass) and the Hawer means city and thus PESHAWAR means the city after the pass . Ref: (Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5). Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at 1 Chronicles 5:26 So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of

“The God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgath Pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river of Gozan, to this day.”

7. GOZAN (The Amu Darya):Also Gozan is mentioned in as the place of exile of the lost tribe. In Afghanistan the river Amu was also called River Gozan according to Afghani tradition. Therefore Historian Saadia Gaon called the Amu darya al the place of exile of the lost tribe. Ref: (Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5). Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at 1 Chronicles 5:26 So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of

“The God of Israel stirred up the spirit of Pul king of Assyria, and the spirit of Tilgath Pilneser king of Assyria, and he carried them away, even the Reubenites, and the Gadites, and the half-tribe of Manasseh, and brought them to Halah, and Habor, and Hara, and to the river of Gozan, to this day.”

8. Childern of Joseph Yusufzai a famous pashtoon tribe claim to be the decendant of Joseoh(Yusuf) i.e Prophet of Bani Israel.

9. Afridis This famous tribe of Pashtoons is named after the son of Israel called Ephraim or Afraim.

10. Karak This is a city in Jordon(formally part of ancient Jewish state and also its a city in NWFP province of Pakistan.

11. Lugar A province in Afghanistan and also a name of present day Israeli family name, not to forget the famous wrestler LEX LUGAR.

12. Kabul Kabul is capital of Afghanistan and its a Hebrew word .Cab means unpleasant(or dirty) and bul means city meaning unpleasant city.

13. KHAN Most Pathans use KHAN in their names which resembles COHEN used in Jewish names.Also in Israel there is a city called YOUNUS KHAN with the word KHAN in it.

14. TAKHT-E-SULEAMAN:This is the name of a place in the Pashtun area of Pakistan .It means the Throne of the Israeli King and also the Prophet Hazart Suleman (Alayhay Salam). This place is situated in the mountain ranges also named after King Solomon (Hazrat Suleman) as Koh-e-Suleman.

15. HARAT Also a place called HARA is mentioned in as the place of exile of the lost tribes and HARAT is a famous city in Afghanistan. Ref: (Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5). Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at 1 Chronicles 5:26 So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of

16. KASH/KISH . Kish/Kash is is the name of numerous personalities mentioned in the Chronicles,all from the Bani-Israel,.like 1) A Levite of the family of Merari (1 Chr. 23:21; 24:29) ,(2.) A Benjamite of Jerusalem (1 Chr. 8:30; 9:36), (3.) A Levite in the time of Hezekiah (2 Chr. 29:12). In Afghanistan many places are named after Kash/Kish,like the desert of Dasht-I-Kash, lies in the north of the Helmund., the city of KASH which is mentioned in the map of Afghanistan 1912 in the Library of Congress USA, the main mountain ranges of Afghanistan also called the HINDU-KUSH and KASH ROD in Nimroz province .

17. MADIAN In Bible history, Madian was where Israeli Prophet Hazrat Musa(alayhay salam) spent the 40 years between the time that he left Egypt after killing an Egyptian who had been beating a Hebrew (Ref:Exodus 2:11-15). In the Pathan area of SWAT valley in Pakistan there is also a city with the same name as MADIAN.

18. DASHT-YAHOODI (The Jewish Plain) There is a famous place in the district MARDAN in Pakistan which is called Dasht-e-Yahoodi since its existence. (Reference : (H.W. Bellew, An Enquiry into the Ethnography of Afghanistan, 34),

19. KILLA YAHOODI( THE FORT OF JEWS) TA place at the eastern boundry of the subcontinent (the Afghanistan border)is called KILLA YAHOODI (The fort of Jews) (Reference : (H.W. Bellew, An Enquiry into the Ethnography of Afghanistan, 34),

AT THE END OF IT .GIVE ME CENTRAL ASIAN ORIGINS OF THE NAMES OF ALL THESE PLACES.

Lol I know the jews many off them are Khazarians and I have also read the book

THE 13 TRIBE KHAZARIA.

Put that research of Indian doctor aside.WHERE DID THE LOST 10 TRIBES GO?

Who knows? Perhaps they didn't get lost and mingled in with the local populations and converted to Christianity when the coming of Jesus occurred.

can you please tell me???

I just did.

I say that lost tribes are pathans who number 45 million or some.While Israelis are only 2 tribes which number 40 million JEWS.So actually only 40 % of some Jews are SEMITIC and the rest are KHAZARIANS.

So what do population sizes show? Any smilarity in population size is purely coincidental. You have wars, you have differences in reproduction rate all over the world. Some of the most alike people, will have different population sizes, even if they had the same sized populations thousands of years ago, because they have different cultures.

The DNA of pathans can never MATCH with that of KHAZARIANS they lived in south east europe,turkey. Earlier you were saying Pathans are CENT ASIANS.
now are saying they are Khazars(Europians)

The Khazar Empire is shown here

65ca91c2a3b29e29879ef6f2fe9772ca.jpg

It runs from Moscow to the Black Sea, not Turkey, or southeast Europe. These Khazars form the majority of Jews today. They are of Russian origin.

So how can such central asian tribes match the Khazar tribes to an extent? Because of historical migrations since the last Ice Age. Numerous refuges were created all over the North, and after the withdrawal of the ice sheet, people spread out all over from the Khazari regions (this occured before the Khazar kingdom was formed), either West into places like Poland, or East into places like Central Asia. Andronovan cultures were created with different cultures of burial and so on. History shows that thousands of years ago in central asia, there used to live a group of blonde haired, red haired, brown/black haired caucasian people. They got overrun by the Yuezhi (Far Eastern)tribes, and moved south into the Kushan Empire of the Indus Valley. The capital of the Kushan Empire was "Purusupura" or as you might know it, Peshawar of today. If you put it all together, you can see that the Khazars of Eastern Europe will match the Central Asian migrators (and therefore the Pakistani migrators) in their genetic markers.

I bet you didn't know that Ossetians, who would form the southern bound of the Khazar Empire, speak a language related to Pashto? In fact the only known non extinct language in the world today, that is similar to Pashto, is Ossetian. And Ossetians would have lived in or near the Khazar Empire.

Pathans are beautiful but at the same time AL TOGETHER DIFFERENT from other Indian races so they are not Dravidian or some thing like that.Even my friend a WAZIR tells me that the elders of tribe know their lineage is traced back to JEWS.

The elders of the tribes are then wrong. They are not scientists.

Can you explain why the names of pathan cities are like this.

1. Pathan Pashtoons also known as Pathans.Very few people knows that Pithon is the name of the great-grandson of King Saul,mentioned among a list of hundreds of names chronicling the descendants of the Twelve Tribes (Ref:Chronicles I , 8:35)

Pathan was invented by the British. Has nothing to do with the Bible.

8:34 The son of Jonathan:Meribbaal.8Meribbaal was the father of Micah.
8:35 The sons of Micahithon, Melech, Tarea, and Ahaz.

2. AFGHANISTAN Afghanistan is derived from "Afghana," the grandson of King Saul of the tribe of Benjamin. This Historical fact is also ignored by the “innocent” so called Western “Historians”

Sounds bogus. The name Afghan came about during the 8th or 9th century, the first recorded references to Afghans was around this time. Afghana would have lived millennia before. So if this is true, it would be the same as India taking the name of Pakistan's old land. It doesn't show the people are related in anyway. I don't know about this Afghana, but there's plenty of other origins, such as the Sassinid origin.

3. KOHAT City in the NWFP and also Meaning: assembly in Hebrew is the second son of Levi, and father of Amram (Gen. 46:11) He came down to Egypt with Jacob, and lived to the age of one hundred and thirty-three years (Ex. 6:18).Note: The so called great Western Historians also skipped this important fact in their writings just to conceal the truth.

Don't know what he's on about

6. Peshawer This city in NWFP province of Pakistan has its name and location present in the Torah, a place called HABER or HAWER is mentioned as the place of exile of the lost tribes.Now Peshawer is comprised of two parts,the word Pesh means the Pass( which can be the famous Khyber Pass) and the Hawer means city and thus PESHAWAR means the city after the pass . Ref: (Kings II,17 and 18; Chronicles 1,5). Also check in Chronicles 5:26 at 1 Chronicles 5:26 So the God of Israel stirred up the spirit of

This one's nonsense for sure. The true origins of Peshawar are mentioned here

"Peshawar derives its name from a Sanskrit word "Pushpapura", meaning the city of flowers. Peshawar’s flowers were mentioned even in Mughal Emperor Babar's memoirs.
Welcome to NWFP Government Official Web Portal : ProvincailCapital

AT THE END OF IT .GIVE ME CENTRAL ASIAN ORIGINS OF THE NAMES OF ALL THESE PLACES.
[/QUOTE]

All of these "linked names" seem to hardly be linked at all. I might look at some of them later, but if you want central asian names, I can think of some ..Torkham from Tocharistan is one, though there's some others.

:P :P RR over to you man.

He is hit by same complex the indian are living under trying hard to prove themselves Aryans.

It is actually quite the reverse. Most Indians are Aryans except people in South India who consider themselves Dravidians. The very word Aryan comes from Hindu Vedas! It did not refer to a race as much as it means "noble". It finds no mention in Quran and Islam AFAIK. Most Pakistanis anyway consider themselves of Arab origin.

The association of Pakistani Muslims with the word Aryan is a novelty. Never heard that your Qaid-E-Azam or any leader of Pakistan ever used that word! Or it is even part of Pakistani official history or offical religion!

Even the Aryan invasion theory (which I believe is discredited now) says that the IVC was a pre-Aryan civilization.

Anyway why this sudden fascination with a Hindu word! Wasn't it all Jahiliyah before the Arabs liberated you from the darkness? Why go back to anything Pre-Islamic at all?

It is actually quite the reverse. Most Indians are Aryans except people in South India who consider themselves Dravidians. The very word Aryan comes from Hindu Vedas! It did not refer to a race as much as it means "noble". It finds no mention in Quran and Islam AFAIK. Most Pakistanis anyway consider themselves of Arab origin.

The association of Pakistani Muslims with the word Aryan is a novelty. Never heard that your Qaid-E-Azam or any leader of Pakistan ever used that word! Or it is even part of Pakistani official history or offical religion!

Even the Aryan invasion theory (which I believe is discredited now) says that the IVC was a pre-Aryan civilization.

Anyway why this sudden fascination with a Hindu word! Wasn't it all Jahiliyah before the Arabs liberated you from the darkness? Why go back to anything Pre-Islamic at all?

Well Vinod Road Runner can reply you much better about Aryan invasion and facts and figures as i dont have that much knowledge to debate over this issue.

As far as the word Aryan well dear please do not bring Religion in between as we are not discussing it on the basis of religion so your comment in the first place is wrong and baseless.

And as you said if Aryan means "noble" than how did it proves that indians are Aryan

Secondly i know most of the Indians are trying hard to prove that they are Aryans :)

But i believe its the complexion complex that is driving them to prove that otherwise there is nothing special about Aryans as all other humanly qualites are also there in other races.
-------------
Over to you RR

Well Vinod Road Runner can reply you much better about Aryan invasion and facts and figures as i dont have that much knowledge to debate over this issue.

As far as the word Aryan well dear please do not bring Religion in between as we are not discussing it on the basis of religion so your comment in the first place is wrong and baseless.

I am not bringing religion here. Just told you the origin of the word. So there. I am not aware of any other ancient reference to this word except the Hindu religious scriptures.

And as you said if Aryan means "noble" than how did it proves that indians are Aryan

Secondly i know most of the Indians are trying hard to prove that they are Aryans :)

The word means "noble" as per it's Sanskrit meaning. This is how people used to be addressed in ancient India. This is what is mentioned in Ramayana and Mahabharata which are thousands of years old and are set in parts of India which are far from Pakistan borders. So this ridiculous claim of trying to limit Aryans to just the north western parts of India is just that. Ridiculous!

And this tremendous complex about the complexion is something that I am finding in you and some other people here. I did not bring it into the discussion, you did. You also mentioned the following.

and at the End We Pathans are beautiful people arent we ??

May I say that self praise is no praise at all!

And doesn't your religion ask you to be modest about your looks? especially to the women. Then why this hyperbole about complexion and looks!

And Indians don't need to prove themselves Aryans to anyone, least of all to Pakistanis who separated from India based on the premise that you are a separate people and belong to the Arab/Muslim civilization and share history with them. And if I am right, majority of Pakistani population claims non-Indic (that is Arabic) descent. Every other person is supposedly an Arab descended Qureshi!

But i believe its the complexion complex that is driving them to prove that otherwise there is nothing special about Aryans as all other humanly qualites are also there in other races.
-------------
Over to you RR

If there is nothing special, then why are you claiming to be Aryan? I agree that good or bad people can be there in any race but mostly your views don't seem to suggest that you really understand or agree with that.

Just because Indians think they are Aryan does not make them so. An African may think he's Chinese, but he's not, because he doesn't possess the features of a China person. Indians in the South are the purest Dravidians on the planet, but Indians in the North are also Dravidian predominantly, just a bit less Dravidian than in South India. Indians in Northeast India are a mix of Dravidian and oriental, those Indians in the Northwest are a mix of Dravidian and Pakistani (Aryan). The Pakistanis along the Afghan-Pak border are imo, the purest Aryans in the subcontinent, and probably in Asia.

The Rig Veda is not a Hindu book. You can claim it as Hindu, but it is a Vedic (Pakistani) book. Much of what is in the Rig Veda contradicts today's version of Hinduism. Two religions cannot be the same if they contradict one another. After all, which is the correct concept if there are two such concepts?

Aryan is not a race. Aryan is a group of people, nothing more. Your interpretation is just an Indian interpretation.

Even if all Pakistanis considered themselves to be Arab in origin, it would not matter. An African can consider himself to be Chinese, but wouldn't be. A Pakistani can consider himself to be Arab, but wouldn't be.

Noone has researched it, until now. The proof is in the genetics. Noone would have thought that Pakistanis had much to do with Ariana, since everyone thought it was Iran. But genetics has proved an Aryan invasion did occur into the Indus Valley, and has proved the horseriders from the steppes settled in Pakistan. This is backed up by Rig Vedic evidence.

Aryan Invasion Theory has not been discredited. It has been proved scientifically.

The IVC was a mixture of Aryans and Dravidians probably, much like Pakistan today.

Well, Aryans is not a Hindu word. Aryan is a Sanskrit word. Sanskrit was developed in Pakistan. It has nothing to do with India. You just adopted Sanskrit and simplified it into Hindi.

Just because Indians think they are Aryan does not make them so. An African may think he's Chinese, but he's not, because he doesn't possess the features of a China person. Indians in the South are the purest Dravidians on the planet, but Indians in the North are also Dravidian predominantly, just a bit less Dravidian than in South India. Indians in Northeast India are a mix of Dravidian and oriental, those Indians in the Northwest are a mix of Dravidian and Pakistani (Aryan). The Pakistanis along the Afghan-Pak border are imo, the purest Aryans in the subcontinent, and probably in Asia.

RR, I actually respect the fact that you want to look beyond just the religious identity which is a welcome change for Pakistan as well as the the Islamic world as a whole.

I hope this discussion will be able to remain impersonal, objective, civilized and dispassionate and we will be able to discuss without getting personal or abusive towards each other or the respective countries and people. If you feel that is impossible, we better not have this discussion.

Now, obviously I don't agree with most of your views because I get the feeling that you tend to mix your personal opinions and theories too much with what ought to be an impersonal quest for knowledge. I don't see it as a competition to prove my point or to denigrate the other person or country or people.

I am engaging in this discussion in the spirit of sharing my views and learning from other's views if they carry merit and are not abusive and racist.

Now if just because Indians thinking so doesn't make them Aryans, your thinking so would not make you or Pakistanis Aryans too.

We have the weight of universally acknowledged history with thousands of years old scriptures behind us. What do you have? Your personal theories and opinions! You may have your opinions but it doesn't obligate me or anyone to accept them without solid proof.

At the cost of repeating myself, I will again say.

This is what is mentioned in Ramayana and Mahabharata which are thousands of years old and are set in parts of India which are far from Pakistan borders. So this ridiculous claim of trying to limit Aryans to just the north western parts of India is just that. Ridiculous!

If you have a shred of evidence about the parts I made bold in your quote except "imo", pl. do share.

I hope it is not another "There are more hate crimes against Indians" type claim in another thread which you made and never proved in spite of being challenged repeatedly.

The Rig Veda is not a Hindu book. You can claim it as Hindu, but it is a Vedic (Pakistani) book. Much of what is in the Rig Veda contradicts today's version of Hinduism. Two religions cannot be the same if they contradict one another. After all, which is the correct concept if there are two such concepts?

Aryan is not a race. Aryan is a group of people, nothing more. Your interpretation is just an Indian interpretation.

Now, I am not sure even you wrote that without winking and grimacing! Anyway I can't see it as anything beyond your personal thinking with a racist tinge, so hardly worthy of response. It will be like saying that Quran is not a Shia or a Sunni book, after the Shia-Sunni split or some such weird argument.

Let me know a Single respected scholar in the whole wide world with proof (even Pakistani) who has made this claim that Rigveda is not Indian but Pakistani! Pl. do not expect to be taken at face value when making such ridiculous claims which run contrary to the collective wisdom of the world. Or first get published and accepted in the academic world of history with such claims.

Just let me know, how many Pakistanis will agree with you!

You are trying to change the very basis on which Pakistan was formed without being explicit about it, which was that Indian Muslims (This included Bangladeshis and the Dravidian South Indian Muslims in your Qaid's definition) are a separate people and nation with a shared Islamic history with Arabs. Do you think you know more than your Qaid and other Pakistani leaders?

Let me point you to a link by a respected Pakistani writer about the genetics part:

Capital suggestion

This claims clearly that Indians and Pakistanis share the same genes (haplogroup R2 characterized by genetic marker M124). And a quote from that article for easy reference:

Indians and Pakistanis have the same Y-chromosome haplogroup. We have the same genetic sequence and the same genetic marker (namely: M124). We have the same DNA molecule, the same DNA sequence. Our culture, our traditions and our cuisine are all the same. We watch the same movies and sing the same songs. What is it that Indians do and we don't: Indians elect their leaders.

Even if all Pakistanis considered themselves to be Arab in origin, it would not matter. An African can consider himself to be Chinese, but wouldn't be. A Pakistani can consider himself to be Arab, but wouldn't be.

Noone has researched it, until now. The proof is in the genetics. Noone would have thought that Pakistanis had much to do with Ariana, since everyone thought it was Iran. But genetics has proved an Aryan invasion did occur into the Indus Valley, and has proved the horseriders from the steppes settled in Pakistan. This is backed up by Rig Vedic evidence.

Refer to the above article by a respected and objective Pakistani writer on the genetics part. I believe the National Geogrpahic genetic project is the source for this claim of shared genetics.

Pl. note that I have no interest whatsoever in claiming shared genetics or shared anything with you or Pakistan. I am just being objective.

Aryan Invasion Theory has not been discredited. It has been proved scientifically.

The IVC was a mixture of Aryans and Dravidians probably, much like Pakistan today.

Well, Aryans is not a Hindu word. Aryan is a Sanskrit word. Sanskrit was developed in Pakistan. It has nothing to do with India. You just adopted Sanskrit and simplified it into Hindi.

Here you contradict yourself. You have tried many times to claim exclusive monopoly on IVC based on it's supposed non-Dravidian origin!

And the last part is nothing but your personal opinion and fertile imagination. Ramayana and Mahabharata are great ancient Sanskrit epics which were written in Gangetic plains and where the north-western parts of India are peripheral. Sanskrit was used deep in ancient India not just it's north-western corner.

If Pakistan were about Sanskrit and Rigveda, the partition would never have taken place! You won't have the taliban and the SWAT Buddha destructions and AQ issues and what not!

And just as an aside, Muslims in all corners of the world lay claim to the Quran and the Arabic language.

What if the Arabs tell you that you don't have any claim over Arabic or Quran because they originated in Arabia?

The same would be the case about Vedas and other aspects of our history/culture. They are not bound to any particlular geography. They may have originated in any part of the civilization and still belonged to the whole great Indian civilization.

This is true for not just the Indian subcontinent but for all the people in Thailand or even right up to Combodia. They are the true inheritors of that civilization, not the people who vilify and abuse it and call it a period of darkness.

And just ask yourself honestly the question as to why you want to claim that civilization. Is it to embrace it and feel proud of it or for some more heathen reasons which I can anticipate based on your views in various forums?

RR, I actually respect the fact that you want to look beyond just the religious identity which is a welcome change for Pakistan as well as the the Islamic world as a whole.

I hope this discussion will be able to remain impersonal, objective, civilized and dispassionate and we will be able to discuss without getting personal or abusive towards each other or the respective countries and people. If you feel that is impossible, we better not have this discussion.

Now, obviously I don't agree with most of your views because I get the feeling that you tend to mix your personal opinions and theories too much with what ought to be an impersonal quest for knowledge. I don't see it as a competition to prove my point or to denigrate the other person or country or people.

I am engaging in this discussion in the spirit of sharing my views and learning from other's views if they carry merit and are not abusive and racist.

A lot of wind and accusations of racism.

Now if just because Indians thinking so doesn't make them Aryans, your thinking so would not make you or Pakistanis Aryans too.

I'm not basing any of my evidence on what Pakistanis think or what Indians think as you are. I'm basing it on proven genetic and anthropological evidence.

We have the weight of universally acknowledged history with thousands of years old scriptures behind us. What do you have? Your personal theories and opinions! You may have your opinions but it doesn't obligate me or anyone to accept them without solid proof.

"Your" scripture, the Rig Veda, is actually an ancient Pakistani scripture, as pointed out on another thread. Go find it and discuss it there if you want to. It was pointed out by a Harvard University professor that the Rig Veda was written somewhere in Pakistan (obvious by the geography of the surroundings).

At the cost of repeating myself, I will again say.

If you have a shred of evidence about the parts I made bold in your quote except "imo", pl. do share.

I hope it is not another "There are more hate crimes against Indians" type claim in another thread which you made and never proved in spite of being challenged repeatedly.

Wind

Now, I am not sure even you wrote that without winking and grimacing! Anyway I can't see it as anything beyond your personal thinking with a racist tinge, so hardly worthy of response. It will be like saying that Quran is not a Shia or a Sunni book, after the Shia-Sunni split or some such weird argument.

It wouldn't be like that at all. Shias believe in the Qu'ran, as do Sunnis..the same Qu'ran in fact. Hindus go round worshipping cows, follow a caste system etc,, all these things go against the basic tenets of the Rig Veda.

The (Pakistani-written) Rig Veda

If the brahmin, kshatriya, etc. initiated into my holy order of equality still subscribe to castes and exult therein, they behave like unregenerate beings.
Rig Veda 8.51.9

I am a poet, my father is a doctor, my mother a grinder of corn.
Rig Veda 9.112.3

The Gangetic/Bharat-written Manu Smrti (the first law of reference)
"The very birth of Brahman is the eternal incarnation of dharma. For he is born of the sake of dharma, and tends towards becoming one with Brahman".
Manu Smrti

Now I am going to predict something. You will quote something along the lines of Rig Veda 10 ("The Brahmin was his mouth, of both his arms was the Kshatriya made. His thighs became the Vaisya, and his feet the Shudra"), and say, the Rig Veda supports casteism. Nonsense, my caste-supporting friend. Even your own Hindu websites see this as a "Latter-day addition"

"Historians quote the purusha sukta of the RigVeda (10/90) as the earliest reference to the existence of caste system in vedic society. This verse must be definitely a latter day addition to the Rig Veda, for otherwise in the scripture we do not find much obsession about caste"
http://www.hinduwebsite.com/history/caste.asp

Therefore Hindus do not believe in the Rig Veda. I'll give you a more easier to understand example. If I invent a religion that says you must believe the moon is made out of cow meat, and someone else invents a religion that says you must believe the moon is made out of crab meat, these cannot be the same religion, because they have a different set of belief systems. You can only have continuity in religion if all the beliefs are the same from one continuation to the next. This does not happen in Hinduism. Rig Vedism is the complete opposite of the Bhadgavitic beliefs, and more recent Hindu scriptures. The caste example I showed above, where Pakistani Rig Vedic society did not have a caste system or belief in a caste system, whereas Hindu Manu Smritic society DID have a belief in the caste system is just one example to show that the Rig Veda is not a "Hindu book".

And I didn't say anything with a grimace. Stop assuming. The Rig Veda is a piece of Pakistan's history, and it was the Holy book of the people of Islam in pre-Islamic times. Of this there is little doubt. The Rig Veda has nothing to do with India/Bharat or Hinduism.

Let me know a Single respected scholar in the whole wide world with proof (even Pakistani) who has made this claim that Rigveda is not Indian but Pakistani! Pl. do not expect to be taken at face value when making such ridiculous claims which run contrary to the collective wisdom of the world. Or first get published and accepted in the academic world of history with such claims.

Just let me know, how many Pakistanis will agree with you!

Well, read up on Michael Witzel's research (Harvard University Professor). He's pretty adamant it was written in the Indus Valley. The geographical setting is almost uniquely set in the Indus Valley, the 5 rivers, this is why it was written in that same area..Pakistan.

You are trying to change the very basis on which Pakistan was formed without being explicit about it, which was that Indian Muslims (This included Bangladeshis and the Dravidian South Indian Muslims in your Qaid's definition) are a separate people and nation with a shared Islamic history with Arabs. Do you think you know more than your Qaid and other Pakistani leaders?

Pakistan was formed as a refuge for Muslims of the subcontinent from being the potential victims of a mass genocide at the hands of Hindu mobs.

This of course has nothing to do with the history of Pakistan, just on the immediate problem Muslims were facing at the hands of Hindu fanatics. Now that there is no problem, we can talk pre-Islamic history

Let me point you to a link by a respected Pakistani writer about the genetics part:

Capital suggestion

This claims clearly that Indians and Pakistanis share the same genes (haplogroup R2 characterized by genetic marker M124). And a quote from that article for easy reference:

His article is just the mark of an incompetent geneticist. I replied to this on another thread. Here's the replies again disproving what he said using clear scientific arguments.

"The actual "Indian chromsome" he's referring to here is not actually of the genetic type but just some sort of broad generalization that Indians are great people capable of buying up the whole of Pakistan.

Onto the genetics.

the first paragraph

Quote:
Twenty-five thousand years ago, haplogroup R2 characterized by genetic marker M124 arose in southern Central Asia.

True

Quote:
Then began a major wave of human migration whereby members migrated southward to present-day India and Pakistan (Genographic Project by the National Geographic Society; National Geographic - Inspiring People to Care About the Planet).

Incorrect. There was a migration of R2, but it was not major. In fact R2 is found at frequencies of 10% in some south/central asian populations. In some, it is non existent.

Quote:
Indians and Pakistanis have the same ancestry and share the same DNA sequence. Here's what is happening in India:

This is one of the most ludicrous claims ever spoken in the annals of genetics history! It is utter Lunacy. Claiming Indians and Pakistanis have the same ancestry and share the same sequence based on the common incidence of a single haplogroup is utter LUNACY. For example we all have certain African haplogroups, be you Chinese, white, brown, black, Africans, or wherever. So if Indians and Pakistanis share one haplogroup that diverged 25,000 years ago, his statement is like saying blacks and whites have the same ancestry and share the same DNA sequence. Whilst a very small minority of Indians and Pakistanis do have R2, the claim that they are the same people from this is nonsense. R1a1 is around 60% in Pashtuns, and R1a1 is around 60% in Slavs, but even this sort of correlation does not give any indication of mixing based on maternal contributions. I could go on, but it should be pretty obvious this was a very silly statement by a very science illiterate journalist.

Quote:
Indians and Pakistanis have the same Y-chromosome haplogroup.

Which proves nothing. Almost every population has some genetic marker in common with the other.

Quote:
We have the same genetic sequence and the same genetic marker (namely: M124).

Good grief.

Quote:
We have the same DNA molecule, the same DNA sequence.

LOL! "We have the same DNA sequence" LOL! What he should be saying is that for Chromosome Y, out of millions of units, a very small number of Indians have the same 4 (and it really is only 4!) units as a very small number of Pakistanis.

Quote:
Our culture, our traditions and our cuisine are all the same. We watch the same movies and sing the same songs. What is it that Indians do and we don't: Indians elect their leaders.

Ah, so it's about democracy! Well if this sort of an illiterate wants democracy, then I'll go for dictatorship. Sounds like he would make a good robot. Dear me, What a NUT!

Refer to the above article by a respected and objective Pakistani writer on the genetics part. I believe the National Geogrpahic genetic project is the source for this claim of shared genetics.

National geographic do not make this claim. The genetics of Indians and Pakistanis as a whole are VASTLY different. This is pretty much certain.

Pl. note that I have no interest whatsoever in claiming shared genetics or shared anything with you or Pakistan. I am just being objective.

Then you would be wrong in claiming this. The genetics of Pakistan have been found to be unique, different to India, different to Iran, and different to the North of Afghanistan.

Here you contradict yourself. You have tried many times to claim exclusive monopoly on IVC based on it's supposed non-Dravidian origin!

I never claimed IVC was exclusively Aryan or Dravidian. It was probably a mix of the two (predominantly Aryan I will go for, but it's just a guess).

And the last part is nothing but your personal opinion and fertile imagination. Ramayana and Mahabharata are great ancient Sanskrit epics which were written in Gangetic plains and where the north-western parts of India are peripheral. Sanskrit was used deep in ancient India not just it's north-western corner.

You didn't read what I wrote. Sanskrit was developed in Pakistan, it had only been adopted in India. But Sanskrit is a Pakistani language. English might be spoken in Canada as a first language, but it developed in England. Therefore it is an English language, just like Sanskrit is a Pakistani language.

If Pakistan were about Sanskrit and Rigveda, the partition would never have taken place! You won't have the taliban and the SWAT Buddha destructions and AQ issues and what not!

Pakistan's history is Sanskrit and Rig Veda. Just because Pakistan has become Islamic, does not mean you are free to try and steal its history, which will always remain Pakistani history.

Don't have time for a detailed response now, but I am finding more of the same. Nothing new!

It is like "I know the best and others are all fools". This includes even leaders and journalists who are highly respected in Pakistan itself. I for one will take their word over yours any day. So there.

Quran was "developed" in Arabia. Does it belong only to Arabs?

Your whole arguement depends on a very narrow definition of geography and where certain events took place. It was not relevant at all before 14 August 1947, so the weak foundation makes the whole arguement invalid in my view.

And just saying "wind" to valid arguements means that you are trying to weasel away from clarifying some very assumptuous points that you make.

Back
Top Bottom