What's new

R@ping nuns part of Christian culture claims Hindu leader

A HINDU leader has caused outrage by claiming that raping nuns was part of “Christian culture” as protests swelled against a brutal attack on an elderly nun at a convent school — the latest in a series of attacks against Christians in India.

Surendra Jain, general secretary of the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP), or World Hindu Council, rejected allegations that the attack on the 72-year-old nun in Ranaghat, near Calcutta, on Saturday was motivated by religious hatred, despite evidence that it was.

Instead, Mr Jain attacked the Roman Catholic church for its record on sxual abuse. “It is a Christian culture to exploit nuns. We don’t do such things.”

The school chapel was desecrated during the attack by half a dozen armed men who also looted it and destroyed religious artefacts.

The VHP has 6.8 million members in India and is part of the same family of Hindu nationalist organisations as the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) of Narendra Modi, the prime minister.

In the past, the VHP and its youth wing have been linked to the murder of Christian missionaries, attacks on churches and mosques, and the “reconversion” of members of Indian minority communities to Hinduism. The VHP maintains that all Indians were originally Hindu.

Continuing his invective against the Catholic Church, Mr Jain said: “The Vatican received 5,000 complaints of sxual exploitation in five years, prompting the Pope to appeal for legalisation of g@y sx.”

Shops and schools in Ranaghat closed for business yesterday in protest at the attack, amid growing anger that police have been slow to solve the attack on the Convent of Jesus and Mary school.

“We have called for the shutdown of businesses and shops in this town to support the nun ... and the immediate arrest of the culprits,” said Samiran Paul, a spokesman for the local business association. “We can’t imagine such inhuman torture on an elderly nun who devoted her life to the service of humanity. It’s a shame to us.”

His remarks came as Mr Modi said he was “deeply concerned” about the r@pe, and the destruction of another church in Haryana, near Delhi.

On Monday night, Christian groups across India held candlelit vigils to protest against the attacks, which most attribute to Hindu extremists.

Joseph Diaz, of the Catholic Secular Forum, said there had been a “huge spike” in the number of attacks on Christians and churches since the election of Mr Modi last May.

“They are clearly targeting the Catholic Church and clergy. This is a natural culmination of the forces which have been bred by this government. Their silence and inaction is seen as a clear signal for these groups to continue.”

The nun was still in hospital yesterday (Tuesday) and medical officials said she was making a good recovery.

Mohammed Salim, an MP from West Bengal, said: “We all feel ashamed, never could this have been imagined, we have never heard of such things. And despite that after 70 hours no arrests have been made.”

About 80 per cent of India’s 1.26 billion people are Hindus while some 15 per cent are Muslims and about 2.5 per cent are Christians.

Mr Modi began his political career with the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh, a militant Hindu organisation. While he played down religious issues during his election campaign, several Hindu groups have viewed his victory as their chance to push their agenda.

The Times
that is wrong
Christian catholic priests only rape boys

A childish attempt to stir trouble :lol: ......... shows your dismal level of intellect.

Why Ram Rahim ? Why not Jesus ? after all he have risen from the dead more times than than your yeshu. :P
Pardon me my Lord..
How simple and down to earth you are??Seems you are not fully aware of your real magical powers and influence in this forum..just look the way she fought and sacrificed her soul for you..It shows their love,affection,belief and thrust upon you..
I am only a small child before you,who can attain any roop and avatar within no time from roaring manvantaratruti to barking mokshavimukthi to howling prajapathi and even non Sanskrit avatars like 'glowingredstar'..Its way beyond any human and nature..Thats what i said you are a God indeed..

You said cutting and slicing is not part of Vedanta, so i posted that verse.
neeku Sanskrithamu thelusa??

CA62kpxWcAIsPaE.jpg

I did not get it.
That verse doesnt say anything about splitting and slicing.
Vedanta includes everything including Splitting,slicing .To deny they exist is to deny the Universe exists.
That verse proves it
"Yatha pinde tatha brahmande, yatha brahmande tatha pinde".
"As Above, So Below".

Meaning what is there in the Universe is also in you and what is there in You is also in the Universe.
You have good, Bad,ugly and Evil in you, Likewise the Universe does have those qualities.

Your Body has cells which Grow,Sustain themselves and Die. Sometimes they are killed by other cells as Protectors against Bacteria.Or they kill themselves as Cancer cells.
Likewise, the Universe has New planets and stars being born,Sustain themselves,Die in the end and sometimes they are killed by other events like a Meteor strike,Nuclear War,Disease,Super Nova, or a cataclysmic event.
See the Similarity between the human body and Universe,We are made of Star Dust after all,Every Quality we have the Universe has Vice Versa. I can give more deeper explanation panning many pages.But that would be a bit much.

neeku Sanskrithamu thelusa??
In 10th Class i took up Hindi as a Subject.
I Took up Sanskrit as a subject in my 10+2 College level.

Last edited:
Vedanta includes everything including Splitting,slicing .To deny they exist is to deny the Universe exists.
That verse proves it
"As Above, So Below".

Meaning what is there in the Universe is also in you and what is there in You is also in the Universe.
You have good, Bad,ugly and Evil in you, Likewise the Universe does have those qualities.

It is too profound for her to understand the import of it. Like all Abrahamics she thinks God is sugar and spice and everything nice.

That verse proves it
"As Above, So Below".

Thats exactly what I said!
The god is within our selves or the the spark of God within our soul, whatever we perceive in this universe is the manifestation our thought process. Anyone who takes the trouble to undergo the necessary training to purify and refine the mind and senses can begin to feel the truth of this. This training can take various forms and is known as yoga, if you know. I believe in Jnana Yoga and karma yoga more than dharma yoga. You could be different and in my version of hinduism, its perfectly acceptable.
Btw the verse you've quoted still doesn't prove that veda has mentioned splitting and slicing, though if i were to misinterpret that verse then you could be right, otherwise ...no chance.
It is too profound for her to understand the import of it. Like all Abrahamics she thinks God is sugar and spice and everything nice.
I believe that Abraham is none other than BRAHMA.
So yes I'm a follower of brahma or in your lexicon Abraham.

I believe that Abraham is none other than BRAHMA.
So yes I'm a follower of brahma or in your lexicon Abraham.

Long before you found out the connection about Abraham/Sara and Brahma/Saraswati, I did. The Abrahamic religions have some influence of Hinduism on them, but they are not Hinduism and not even its corrupted version. It goes back to the leaving of Asuras from India and settling in Persia. They were the common connection to Hinduism. Shukracharya was their guru and he is what goes by the name of Ahura Mazda when Zoroaster made his own religion. It is here the concept of a single god and savior of mankind was born.

The Jews picked up these concepts from the Zoroastrians when they came under the rule of Persians during the Achaemenid period.

Thats exactly what I said!
The god is within our selves or the the spark of God within our soul, whatever we perceive in this universe is the manifestation our thought process. Anyone who takes the trouble to undergo the necessary training to purify and refine the mind and senses can begin to feel the truth of this. This training can take various forms and is known as yoga, if you know. I believe in Jnana Yoga and karma yoga more than dharma yoga. You could be different and in my version of hinduism, its perfectly acceptable.
Btw the verse you've quoted still doesn't prove that veda has mentioned splitting and slicing, though if i were to misinterpret that verse then you could be right, otherwise ...no chance.

If you Accept only Positive,while denying/rejecting Negative exists is to fool oneself into thinking only Light exists and Darkness doesn't.You have to accept both Negative and Positive only then you will be called WHOLE!

Om Purna-madah purna-midam purnat purnam udachhyate
Purnasya purna-madaya purna-meva vasisyate
Om Shantih! Shantih! Shantih!
- (Isha Upanisad)

'That is complete.' 'This is complete.'
'That is complete, this is complete'.
'From that completeness comes this completeness'
' If we take away this completeness from that completeness'
'Only completeness remains.'

When there is light,There is Darkness too.Light cannot exist without Darkness and Darkness cannot exist without Light.
That is what Artha Nareeshwara symbolizies.
That is how the Universe is.

If you believe in All types of Yogas and make an exception of not including other Yoga then you are fooling yourself.
People generally don't follow Aghora path,only some do that as it's Vama Marga and there are many perils in that Journey and only the bravest of all take up that path.But to deny that Vama Marga is not a legitimate Path or According to you is to deny yourself the truth.

Purify the mind? in what sense?Both will reach the same Destination.
Shiva Represents the Positive and Kali represents the Negative.But to experience both "Purification" is needed.But Purification according to your version might not be Purification according to others.

Aghora Mantra:
aghorebhyo'tha ghorebhyo aghoraghoretarebhyaḥ
sarvataḥ śarvaḥ sarvebhyo namaste rudra rūpebhyaḥ

I bow to those not terrible and those who are terrible,
And to those who are both terrible and not terrible.
Everywhere and always, Śarva, I bow to all Thy Rudra forms.

Last edited:
Long before you found out the connection about Abraham/Sara and Brahma/Saraswati, I did.
Officially you're a 2 days old member so no, you were not the first person to say this.
The Abrahamic religions have some influence of Hinduism on them, but they are not Hinduism and not even its corrupted version.
Don’t observe followers of a religion, refer to authentic sources of that religion and then you 'll realise that we have a lot in common. Dont we fast during the same months, dont we all have festivals around equinoxes?

It goes back to the leaving of Asuras from India and settling in Persia. They were the common connection to Hinduism. Shukracharya was their guru and he is what goes by the name of Ahura Mazda when Zoroaster made his own religion. It is here the concept of a single god and savior of mankind was born.

The Jews picked up these concepts from the Zoroastrians when they came under the rule of Persians during the Achaemenid period.
Well I know that hinduism is more than 4000yr old , and also the fact that the word Allah was first mentioned in the upanishad. Afaik even the Islamic research foundation suuports this.
So yeah we all have our differences and similarities. Our religion has influenced other religions ,that doesnt make our religion superior nor their's inferior. Respecting other religions is ingrained in hindus.

If you Accept only Positive,while denying/rejecting Negative exists is to fool oneself into thinking only Light exists and Darkness doesn't.You have to accept both Negative and Positive only then you will be called WHOLE!

Om Purna-madah purna-midam purnat purnam udachhyate
Purnasya purna-madaya purna-meva vasisyate
Om Shantih! Shantih! Shantih!
- (Isha Upanisad)

'That is complete.' 'This is complete.'
'That is complete, this is complete'.
'From that completeness comes this completeness'
' If we take away this completeness from that completeness'
'Only completeness remains.'

When there is light,There is Darkness too.Light cannot exist without Darkness and Darkness cannot exist without Light.
That is what Artha Nareeshwara symbolizies.
That is how the Universe is.

If you believe in All types of Yogas and make an exception of not including other Yoga then you are fooling yourself.
People generally don't follow Aghora path,only some do that as it's Vama Marga and there are many perils in that Journey and only the bravest of all take up that path.But to deny that Vama Marga is not a legitimate Path or According to you is to deny yourself the truth.

Purify the mind? in what sense?Both will reach the same Destination.
Shiva Represents the Positive and Kali represents the Negative.But to experience both "Purification" is needed.But Purification according to your version might not be Purification according to others.

Aghora Mantra:
aghorebhyo'tha ghorebhyo aghoraghoretarebhyaḥ
sarvataḥ śarvaḥ sarvebhyo namaste rudra rūpebhyaḥ

I bow to those not terrible and those who are terrible,
And to those who are both terrible and not terrible.
Everywhere and always, Śarva, I bow to all Thy Rudra forms.
By splitting and slicing i meant violence.
And vedas and puranas never propagated it. I can assure you that.

Officially you're a 2 days old member so no, you were not the first person to say this.
This issue has been know to Hindus for far longer than PDF has existed. So pointless point scoring.

Don’t observe followers of a religion, refer to authentic sources of that religion and then you 'll realise that we have a lot in common. Dont we fast during the same months, dont we all have festivals around equinoxes?
We do not have anything in common. This comes from authentic sources of all religions. Some superficial ritual similarity do not make it the same. These religions are antagonistic from their core the way they were meant to be. One considering everything in the universe sacred. The other holding nothing sacred. There are only variations of these two ideas in different religions. Try as you may the chips will fall as they have always and these two sides will find themselves on the opposite sides in every conflict.

Well I know that hinduism is more than 4000yr old , and also the fact that the word Allah was first mentioned in the upanishad. Afaik even the Islamic research foundation suuports this.
So yeah we all have our differences and similarities. Our religion has influenced other religions ,that doesnt make our religion superior nor their's inferior. Respecting other religions is ingrained in hindus

It is not ingrained in Hinduism to respect Adharma. Nor was it ever practiced. Else you would have never had the wars between Devas and Asuras. Even 3000 years ago Perians/Zorastrians were persecuting followers of Devas and calling them as worshipers of false gods. That is where the word Devil comes from. It is the European version of Daevas. Our Gods are their devil.

Allah has never been mentioned in Upanishads. Would urge you to stop spreading disinformation from Zakir Hussain kind of sites.

By splitting and slicing i meant violence.
And vedas and puranas never propagated it. I can assure you that.

Vedas are about truth and Puranas are stories of our divinities. Hinduism is a Princely religion. Kshatriyas, Shatru, Rakshasa, Pisachas, War, Valour, Martyrdom have always been part of Hinduism since time immemorial. To deny these is to deny history. Hinduism was never about holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

Back
Top Bottom