What's new

Quick Reaction Missile to be developed by BDL and DRDO

Mujraparty

Reaction score
Country
India
HYDERABAD: Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) and Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for joint development and production of the indigenous Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QRSAM).

The missile will be designed and developed by DRDO and will be manufactured by BDL, the ministry of defence nominated Production Agency, for supply to the Indian Army.

The MoU was signed by V. Udaya Bhaskar, CMD, BDL and Dr K. Jayaraman, director, DRDL on April 29 at DRDL. Directors and senior officials from BDL and DRDO were present on the occasion.

QRSAM has an advanced RF seeker with multiple target handling capability. It is canister launched and has a range up to 30 kms.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...oped-by-BDL-and-DRDO/articleshow/52054713.cms

This could be part of the Rafale deal.

MBDA to work with DRDO to make QRSAM and BDL being the production Agency.

..hence the world "could". But there has been reports of MBDA DRDO tie up for the Maitre project which is nothing but QRSAM.
Yes, I know about that but this is different from Maitri also if this will go ahead we may see end of Maitri project.
Why do It think it is different is no mention of MBDA & from a long time we haven't heard any news.

Yes, I know about that but this is different from Maitri also if this will go ahead we may see end of Maitri project.
Why do It think it is different is no mention of MBDA & from a long time we haven't heard any news.
Maitri SAM development with MBDA is already approved for navy.Which is essentially MICA VL with indian parts.
This is entirely different project mainly to fullful QR/SR SAM requirements of army which alone account to around 2500+ missiles.

Maitri SAM development with MBDA is already approved for navy.Which is essentially MICA VL with indian parts.
This is entirely different project mainly to fullful QR/SR SAM requirements of army which alone account to around 2500+ missiles.
I know requirement for QR/SRSAM may go for 15B dollar...
But can you provide source for your claim?

I know requirement for QR/SRSAM may go for 15B dollar...
But can you provide source for your claim?
  1. The programme will now move ahead principally as a ship-borne SR-SAM system. Spin off variants for the IAF and Indian Army could presumably come later.
  2. MBDA says development will be complete in three years from agreement signature. Things could move quickly given that all workshare and other components of the partnership have already been decided.
http://www.livefistdefence.com/2015/03/indo-french-sr-sam-project-back-is-back.html

On 30 March 2015,it was reported that the project was revived specially by the request of Indian Navy for a point air defence system after stating that Akash missile defence system is not suitable for Indian warships defence. The DRDO with MBDA is planning to develop 9 short-range surface-to-air missile system (SRSAM) with 40 missiles each for Indian Navy

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report-india-revives-joint-missile-project-with-french-firm-2073368

In this last press conference navy chief confirmed the project is on track. But,Still i am not sure if the final agreement is signed .

Why not using the Astra with boosters, like everyone else is doing with their BVRAAMs??

Its going to be an off shoot of Astra. There is no doubt. No one is going to reinvent the wheel.
Is it??I would be the happiest person if things turned out to be so but I highly doubt it,on the grounds that when it comes to mindless duplication of capacities or 'reinventing the wheel' as you put it,we happen to be the world beater!!

Is it??I would be the happiest person if things turned out to be so but I highly doubt it,on the grounds that when it comes to mindless duplication of capacities or 'reinventing the wheel' as you put it,we happen to be the world beater!!

The water always flows down the path of least resistance.

Its the immutable law of nature.

Not here it doesn't.

We seem to have somehow able to defy that law,at least if one is to take note of past happenings as far as defence is concerned.

It is called "immutable" laws of nature because it cannot be changed. Sometimes it appears as if the water is running uphill, its an illusion. Water always flows downhill.

It is called "immutable" laws of nature because it cannot be changed. Sometimes it appears as if the water is running uphill, its an illusion. Water always flows downhill.

Sorry if I can not share your optimism,I'm cynical by nature.And besides,from your posts,it appears that you are woefully ill-informed about the topic at hand,so excuse me.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom