What's new

Question regarding Smoking

Well if you're on a weight loss program, a 1500 calorie diet should promote weight loss and not cause any malnutrition.

As far as aerobic exercise is concerned, you definitely need to do it for longer periods, but you need to lift weights as well counter balance any muscle loss due to any reason

The 1500 cal diet isn't suitable for all, the calorie intake should be adjusted according to ones height and weight. Then of course you adjust the percentage of proteins:carbs:fat intake in accordance with what you want to achieve.

Similarly if your diet is inadequate then your metabolic system will break soft tissue to gain energy for the exercises that one might be doing.

The reason for this is that the body suddenly undergoes an extreme change in dietary intake and activity factor leading it to decide that muscle would be a better source for energy because if these extreme conditions continued then it would oxidize fat as the last resort. Fat of course provided most energy (ATP) and that is why it is the last energy source to be utilized by the metabolic system.

It's best to quit while you can. Life isn't about getting a kick and forgetting everything else. Face your problems head on and dont turn yourself into another nicotine slave.

20 mins of jogging is nothing, literally. Jogging is more of a warm up before you start other exercises. You should jog 20 mins and then do body weight exercises.

If you really want to benefit from jogging, carry a weight on hilly terrain. As it gets easier keep increasing the weight. As they say, "No pain, No gain."

Since in Islam and Christan it is prohibited and great sin so I do not think it has anything good for human body in long term. Yeh, you may get some relax and good flow of blood for a while just after doing it but in long term it have bad effects, I think. And I got very good result empirically for stress-relieve by jogging and gym instead of doing any jerking.

If you dont wana do it because of religion then that is fine. but medically, there is no proof of that action to do any harm, it rather have some benefits.

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:02 PM ----------

As far I know smoking may cause heart disease, throat cancer and lung cancer but never knew that it may causes breast cancer. you sure?

smoking is linked with almost every kind of cancer.

I dont know about the "religious stress" part of it, but one should do it more often than not. Apart from the only drawback of "going blind", it flushes your system and helps 'detoxify' it. Men who fire their guns more often are less prone to prostrate cancer over those who dont.

Also its an ingrained evolutionary thing in males. Got nothing to do? Fire a gun! Leave a male alone for 15-30 mins and he will fire his gun (or at least harbor thoughts thereof).

I am a smoker. I have been trying desperately to quit and it is very difficult. Get out while you still can. Stop it.

Gubbi,

You my man, buddy---good boy---great minds think alike.

Anyway---MICHAEL CRICHTON----a fascinating writer about technical advances in the bilogical fields---the writer of Jurasic park and many many great books----.

One of his books is titled The Terminal Man----in this book he gives an example of monkeys in a lab experiment---they have electrodes implanted in their brains---and they have the trigger attached to their hands---these electrodes are attached to the pleasure center of the brain----yuo guys guessed it right---the pleasure center which instigates erection and masturbation---what the researcher were horrified to find out that the monkeys literally masturbated themseleves to death. To do it---is the strongest impulse that a man has.

Hey. I thought lots of military men smoked. Strange most people here want the man to stop smoking?

As for the original poster. If you enjoy your smokes... Its ok... if not and you want to quit... Quit now and focus more on your stamina etc...

I dont know about the "religious stress" part of it, but one should do it more often than not. Apart from the only drawback of "going blind", it flushes your system and helps 'detoxify' it. Men who fire their guns more often are less prone to prostrate cancer over those who dont.

It is an urban legend right?

gubbi you're scaring me ! ( I know you're from the medical background)

Back
Top Bottom