What's new

Query for Turkish Brother Regarding F-5 Communication Antennas

TaimiKhan

SENIOR MODERATOR
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Below are some of the pictures showing the upgraded F5 2000 of the TAF. The same shaped communication UHF/VHF antennas under the nose and on top of the spine of the aircraft can also be seen on the PAF JF-17s in the same placement configuration.

Can turkish members identify the type of these communication antennas, so that the origin and specification of these be known, as by looking at the shape most probably same are being used on the PAF JF-17s too, giving us an insight on what their capability is. Like is data link availability there also or not.

Thanks in advance.

JF-17 Comm Antennas

Close Up of the JF-17 Comm Antenna (See the Markings of the Manufacturer)

Over hauled / Rebuilt F-7P, with the same shape Antenna on the spine.

ROSE Upgraded Mirage of PAF with the same shaped Antenna

Do you mean Turkish help in JF Electronics ?

Well the antennas are very much look alike and most probably the same too.

Turkish have used them on their highly upgraded F-5s, which got updated by Israeli Companies and i believe few things from Singapore.

And TAF F-5s got upgraded at the same time, when JF-17 was being tested.

Till the origin of this equipment isn't cleared, can't say what the Turkish link is.

If its made by some Turkish Company, then we can say there is Turkish system in it also, but if the manufacturer is a western company, then Turkish and PAF bought from the same seller, still PAF have evaluated this comm system through turkish experience.

The origin and manufacturer or type of this VHF/UHF communication system will give a good info on the data linking capability of JF-17.

@Taimikhan

Jes turkish F-5A/B 2000 have recieved Data Link Antenas. In Peacetime TUAF use F-5 A/B 2000 as Lead in Trainer for ongoing F-16 Pilots, with Datalink TUAF can use F-5 A/B 2000 in Case of War for Air Defence. For example F-5 can be eqippt with BVR - Missiles and recieve Targets for the Missiles from AWACS. It is alo possible to equip F-5 A/B 2000 with HGSS(indigenous JDAM) and recieve target Locations via Datalink.

@Taimikhan

Jes turkish F-5A/B 2000 have recieved Data Link Antenas. In Peacetime TUAF use F-5 A/B 2000 as Lead in Trainer for ongoing F-16 Pilots, with Datalink TUAF can use F-5 A/B 2000 in Case of War for Air Defence. For example F-5 can be eqippt with BVR - Missiles and recieve Targets for the Missiles from AWACS. It is alo possible to equip F-5 A/B 2000 with HGSS(indigenous JDAM) and recieve target Locations via Datalink.

Thx, well that I knew after reading about the F5 2000, but what is the origin of these antennas ?? Are these turkish or any western make ?? Company name ?? Model ?? Any other capability.

As by the look of these antennas, it means this is the standard comm equipment from now onwards for PAF, as JF-17s using them, upgraded Mirage using then, overhauled F-7Ps using them and hopefully other aircrafts would get equipped with it too.

So all we want is the origin and if possible as much info as possible.

I google'd for more detailed Informations about the Datalink Modem on F-5 2000, but I don't found a important Information. As far I know, I'm not really sure the Datalink Antenas are from a turkish Company.

Bro, I do not have any idea about this antenne system... Unfortunately...

Taimi Saab --your question has been killing me for the past while. I've done searches in English and in Turkce, cant find anything

but i have relayed your question to a few Turkish friends of mine....they are "well-informed" sources. Hopefully they will have our answer, because now you also made me curious!

Out of love and admiration, i must say that the NF-5A/B in use by TuAF are awesome aircrafts. Below is NF-5B

3c18f1010c37b644be89ab1430aa4534.jpg

Last edited:
I'm very curious also as to what Iranian have done with their modified F-5 (Saegheh) aircrafts.

14bd77f3d8d6a4a07abe461f14c0b0e3.jpg

Taimi Saab --your question has been killing me for the past while. I've done searches in English and in Turkce, cant find anything

but i have relayed your question to a few Turkish friends of mine....they are "well-informed" sources. Hopefully they will have our answer, because now you also made me curious!

Out of love and admiration, i must say that the NF-5A/B in use by TuAF are awesome aircrafts. Below is NF-5B

3c18f1010c37b644be89ab1430aa4534.jpg

Its been killing me too, for months now :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom