What's new

Que Sera Sera by Brigadier (R) Samson Simon Sharaf

Please watch the Great Debate Show on Foreign Policy with Shah Mahmud Quraishi. I am a member of the team that made the National, Foreign, Security and Nuclear policy. Diplomacy has its own trajectories beginning from Cooperation-persuassion-placation- dissuasion-threat- conflict. We shall first follow all means of peaceful diplomacy etc etc

Constitution of Pakistan forbids private armies. So there shall again be a policy on similar lines as above.

Its time Pakistan gets out of the temptations to back proxies in afghanistan. We have gained nothing but lost much since 1975. We wish to make the region a hub of a peacefull cooperative political economy.

Not only Tribal areas but also Khairpur, Bahawalpur, PATA, Balochistan and Kashmir need a reaappropriation as per the agreements under which they joined Pakistan. We will get into this true unification process of Pakistan after we have arrested the socio-economic rot and created conditions condusive for syncretism. Fortunately, I am involved in all such studies.

Sorry but I am no establishment mouthpiece. I write my own analysis as a thinking Pakistani. Visit my Nation Blog to see the diversity of my analysis and on the timeline its accuracy. Yes I have a bias towards PTI becuase I am part of it. You will have to take your words back.

@Tameem, you got schooled.

We should let opinions not be categorized as "sponsored".

As a Pakistani, we support whoever is good for Pakistan. A lot of the times we are accused of being supportive of PTI too, which is not the case. If you ask PTI members over here, I personally have raised objections at some of the threads they created for various reasons.

Meritocracy is honored by PTI and we appreciate that - even our arguments against them which have merit are taken in stride.

Please watch the Great Debate Show on Foreign Policy with Shah Mahmud Quraishi. I am a member of the team that made the National, Foreign, Security and Nuclear policy. Diplomacy has its own trajectories beginning from Cooperation-persuassion-placation- dissuasion-threat- conflict. We shall first follow all means of peaceful diplomacy etc etc

Constitution of Pakistan forbids private armies. So there shall again be a policy on similar lines as above.

Its time Pakistan gets out of the temptations to back proxies in afghanistan. We have gained nothing but lost much since 1975. We wish to make the region a hub of a peacefull cooperative political economy.

Not only Tribal areas but also Khairpur, Bahawalpur, PATA, Balochistan and Kashmir need a reaappropriation as per the agreements under which they joined Pakistan. We will get into this true unification process of Pakistan after we have arrested the socio-economic rot and created conditions condusive for syncretism. Fortunately, I am involved in all such studies.

This is so key. I say if you want to fight in Kashmir, send in PA regulars, who have been trained to fight better and can judge right from wrong. Kashmir is a disputed territory and hence its fair game. Of course, preference should be given to peace, not war. Putting a gun in a maulvi's hands is just inviting trouble.

One thing I would like to suggest is that Pakistan also leaves dependency on tribal security forces teams. Somewhere during the middle of this war it was decided that we need to outsource this fight to the tribal people. This again may have long term repercussions for Pakistan. This is not normal. Tribalism is in itself not normal. At the heart of it all, tribal people are common citizens too. Instead of taking them in the direction of normalcy, we are creating warriors out of them.

Ensuring TTP is defeated is the job of PA, not the citizens of Pakistan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm shocked to hear that you agree, that army is not responsible for the every $hit in the country!!!!!!!! but what does your next sentence meant?
Do you want army to play politics smartly?
Otherwise their is no point in analyzing their mental capacity in matters of elections!

If you don't understand what I meant...don't go on a rant.

My post was not really oriented towards politics by the army.

This is of paramount importance. This will also go a long way in alleviating the suffering of people in Balochistan and Interior Sindh where people are held hostage by a wadera.

As a Pakistani, we support whoever is good for Pakistan. A lot of the times we are accused of being supportive of PTI too, which is not the case. If you ask PTI members over here, I personally have raised objections at some of the threads they created for various reasons.

Meritocracy is honored by PTI and we appreciate that - even our arguments against them which have merit are taken in stride.

Last time on your support of PTI you stated that apart from PDF officials i'm human too and possess liking and disliking of my own.........that was good but not this one.......i'm neutral and supportive whosoever is good.

Whenever someone calls or participate in a political debate morally he should declares his own personal support to any political leader as well.....so that the opponent have the same measures to counter attack otherwise its only remains cowardliness....bcz its always easy to criticize randomly than to defends actually:coffee:

Though Imran Khan with his slogan of “Naya Pakistan” leads the anti-status quo group, General (retd) Musharraf and Allama Tahirul Qadri also reckon themselves as contenders to either build synergy or disrupt it. The next few weeks will witness a resurrected military dictator turned democrat fortify his credentials before the courts or else face the indignity of irrelevance.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/nation...dier-r-samson-simon-sharaf.html#ixzz2P6dmwFhl

What is this fascination with status quo? The only status quo in Pakistan since Ayub's era has been army (I mean are we for real? Bhutto hanged, BB murdered, NS exiled, both parties banned - you call these sorry excuses status quos?). Military dictator turned democrat? an oxymoron if I ever heard one. Tahir-ul-Qadri has no moral standing at the moment, he took part in referendum under Musharraf plus he participated in those elections which by all means were far worse and staged as both main political parties were forced to stay away.

Solution to Pakistan's many problems will only come from political parties, for its part PA has failed utterly in leading this country. Smell the air dear brigadier, its already a naya Pakistan with no further space (or tolerance) for military adventurism. The days of ''meray aziz humwatnoun' and 'syrup-e-hubulwatni' are long gone. No Qadri or Musharraf is going to bring those glory days back.

But I do appreciate you coming to defense.pk, most columnists lack the courage to face their adoring audience :D

Dear green machine, when Army has been more active in politics then most politicians questions on 'sponsorship' will arise.

Will that include KPK/Tribal belt's private armies too or will PTI relax its policies for them owing to seemingly self-serving/perpetually-evolving policies? And I'm really interested when PTI will let the tribesmen in on its intentions; before the elections or after they've voted for them under false premise?

Last but not least in this "great debate" will Shah Mahmood Kerry-Lugar be just as enthusiastic/animated as he was in that famous national assembly speech of his? :angel:

You need to understand that PTI will not be a Magic Wand to resolve issues plagued by bad politics for the past 60 years. Perhaps many of the issues will need a long time to resolve. Our first priority would be the socio-economic development and with it building syncretism and pluralism in our diversity. This done, the next step would be engaging diversities in positive cooperation and mutuality of interest. It is after having done this would we co-opt the tribal areas into a new contract with the federation.

You need to understand that PTI will not be a Magic Wand to resolve issues plagued by bad politics for the past 60 years. Perhaps many of the issues will need a long time to resolve. Our first priority would be the socio-economic development and with it building syncretism and pluralism in our diversity. This done, the next step would be engaging diversities in positive cooperation and mutuality of interest. It is after having done this would we co-opt the tribal areas into a new contract with the federation.

PTI is coming to power for 20 years consecutive, inshallah... if we need to change the course of our nation, this is a must to give PTI the reigns of powers...

PTI is coming to power for 20 years consecutive, inshallah... if we need to change the course of our nation, this is a must to give PTI the reigns of powers...

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves shall we...let's first analyze the first five years of government of PTI (whenever they come) and then move forwards.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

It is too late to admit it that PTI will not be a magic wand.. we have been debating exactly this all the time.
I would also like to know, how are we going to promote economics and at the same time working for IMF.
What is wrong in answering the demands about transparency?
You can claim many things but you have no roadmap to convince above average people.
Where as PM who revolutionized the socio-economic state in Pakistan is your enemy number 1.
Zardari was bigger dictator and so was Sharif.. than why status quo matters not?

Last time on your support of PTI you stated that apart from PDF officials i'm human too and possess liking and disliking of my own.........that was good but not this one.......i'm neutral and supportive whosoever is good.

Whenever someone calls or participate in a political debate morally he should declares his own personal support to any political leader as well.....so that the opponent have the same measures to counter attack otherwise its only remains cowardliness....bcz its always easy to criticize randomly than to defends actually:coffee:

When I say "we" I mean the forum - which is apolitical. When I say I - I mean me and yes I have my political leanings which keep evolving as my understanding of the issues and characters keeps involving.

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves shall we...let's first analyze the first five years of government of PTI (whenever they come) and then move forwards.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

ofcourse I am saying this while keeping the good intends with action being performed.

that doesnot mean if PTI is not performing and yet it should continue..

but insaf movement must go on.

Back
Top Bottom