What's new

Quality Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmeddsid

Reaction score
I Dont Know If I will be crucified or appreciated for saying this, but I got to say what I got to say.

I have been reading through and participating in this forum form sometime now. Never Have I thought this forum lacked Quality. But Now I am sad to Announce that this forum has denigrated to a new low.

Not long back, Good things done by India and Pakistan were equaly appreicated, Now, If anything good about India comes to the fore, It will be derailed and trolled upon. Its not much different with the Pakistani threads either.

What I feel is that the Pakistanis/Chinese have a newfound Confidence to derail and Troll Indian threads, and then We have the Indian who signs up to Abuse Pakistan! All this is Co Related. When the Indian threads are being derailed and attacked, the Indian members sign up to Troll and attack the forum and the country it represents. I dont think, this site had this much of trouble maintaining Quality.

This forum was an International Forum with a Pakistani Perspective, but sadly now Its coming to be just another Pakistani Forum, just like any other dime a dozen forum.

Some Steps need to be taken to arrest this phenomenon or Else, the Quality will be non existent.

There wont be a a decrease in membership, but there will be a decrease in Quality Members and Quality posts.

I am sure the managements looking towards Quality, but for that, the current Passive Mode the Management is in, should be changed. Yes I feel, the Mods are passive now a days, not active, let alone Pro-active.

Pro-active Moderating was the hallmark of defence.pk, but now its not to be found. I dont know if its a Conscious decision, but I just had to say all this.

Have a Great Day, God Speed.
Regards

I Dont Know If I will be crucified or appreciated for saying this, but I got to say what I got to say.

I have been reading through and participating in this forum form sometime now. Never Have I thought this forum lacked Quality. But Now I am sad to Announce that this forum has denigrated to a new low.

Not long back, Good things done by India and Pakistan were equaly appreicated, Now, If anything good about India comes to the fore, It will be derailed and trolled upon. Its not much different with the Pakistani threads either.

What I feel is that the Pakistanis/Chinese have a newfound Confidence to derail and Troll Indian threads, and then We have the Indian who signs up to Abuse Pakistan! All this is Co Related. When the Indian threads are being derailed and attacked, the Indian members sign up to Troll and attack the forum and the country it represents. I dont think, this site had this much of trouble maintaining Quality.

This forum was an International Forum with a Pakistani Perspective, but sadly now Its coming to be just another Pakistani Forum, just like any other dime a dozen forum.

Some Steps need to be taken to arrest this phenomenon or Else, the Quality will be non existent.

There wont be a a decrease in membership, but there will be a decrease in Quality Members and Quality posts.

I am sure the managements looking towards Quality, but for that, the current Passive Mode the Management is in, should be changed. Yes I feel, the Mods are passive now a days, not active, let alone Pro-active.

Pro-active Moderating was the hallmark of defence.pk, but now its not to be found. I dont know if its a Conscious decision, but I just had to say all this.

Have a Great Day, God Speed.
Regards

Please tell me Colonel ahmeddsid, is there any other way to become a general in this forum if I stop posting? :cheesy:

Please tell me Colonel ahmeddsid, is there any other way to become a general in this forum if I stop posting? :cheesy:
If this is a genuine question, then here goes. Your Rank increases as your posts go up. Otherwise, I think you need to be a Think Tank/MP/Mod to have a higher rank. The Best way is to post quality posts consistently. You will reach there!

If this is a genuine question, then here goes. Your Rank increases as your posts go up. Otherwise, I think you need to be a Think Tank/MP/Mod to have a higher rank. The Best way is to post quality posts consistently. You will reach there!

`Your Rank increases as your posts go up'...
Cool. Does this count for one too? :cheesy:

What I feel is that the Pakistanis/Chinese have a newfound Confidence to derail and Troll Indian threads
Ahmed, not be rude or anything, but I think the exact opposite of what you have said is happening here. For every one flaming Pakistani post, there are fifteen by Indians, and they will all call the one Pakistani a troll. Examples of this can be found in every single section, but particularly in the Multimedia sections. And this website isn't the only one, I recently visited another international forum where similar behavior was ongoing, and I stopped short of joining simply to pour cold water on their parade.

You have admitted Indians engage in flaming and trolling, but you are making it sound "retaliatory". A similar strategy is used by the Western media when reporting Israeli actions, "retaliatory strikes", "Israel fights back" etc. The facts are twisted to make one side's actions look like nothing more than retaliation. You will not believe the number of threads where some lowlife nerd sitting on his laptop in Bangalore thinks its cool to p*ss all over Pakistan and its achievements. The mods seem to have their cups full with such behaviour, and I must say, they've been incredibly patient. If it had been me, there would be bannings left, right and center, of every nationality.

You could argue that I'm trolling here, and you may have a point, but since your concern is with Quality, I just thought I'd let you and everyone else know what I feel on the issue.

Ahmed, not be rude or anything, but I think the exact opposite of what you have said is happening here. For every one flaming Pakistani post, there are fifteen by Indians, and they will all call the one Pakistani a troll. Examples of this can be found in every single section, but particularly in the Multimedia sections. And this website isn't the only one, I recently visited another international forum where similar behavior was ongoing, and I stopped short of joining simply to pour cold water on their parade.

You have admitted Indians engage in flaming and trolling, but you are making it sound "retaliatory". A similar strategy is used by the Western media when reporting Israeli actions, "retaliatory strikes", "Israel fights back" etc. The facts are twisted to make one side's actions look like nothing more than retaliation. You will not believe the number of threads where some lowlife nerd sitting on his laptop in Bangalore thinks its cool to p*ss all over Pakistan and its achievements. The mods seem to have their cups full with such behaviour, and I must say, they've been incredibly patient. If it had been me, there would be bannings left, right and center, of every nationality.

You could argue that I'm trolling here, and you may have a point, but since your concern is with Quality, I just thought I'd let you and everyone else know what I feel on the issue.
Now how could I accuse you of trolling?!!!!? You are bang on topic and summed up your feelings in a sane manner! Trolls dont do that! :)

About the retaliatory part, I missed out to mention specifically that both sides retaliate. When Indians flame, Pakistanis Follow Suit and the Chinese join in the mele and then Back to Square One.

But its a fact that Pakistanis/Chinese have a new found confidence to troll, I mean its like they know from deep inside they wont be banned or anything. I know Mods are doing their job, but I just have my thoughts to share.

@WarProfessor;

What col. ahmeddsid has said carries weight. Let others aside, I have thrown so many stones on Indians and later I realized whatever I am doing is counterproductive. This forum is not to show who has got the bigger mouth, this is for constructive analysis and analysis not necessarily be in one's favor every time. When we find some genuine weaknesses, we cannot fill the gap with trolling and denying reality.

I agree, crapy posts only increase the length of any thread but does not make it meaningful. Even if Indians are doing so, they should be checked. Newbies like me need to learn a lot from seniors over here.

Pakistan and India are traditional rivals. We have hardly developed anything together and every time we see each other, we are on the opposite sides. So when new members sign-in, they carry the same history and feel of competition against other nation. It has taken me nearly 200 posts to realize what I was doing is actually not "helping" my country. Sooner or later, every body would realize that. So this is understandable that when rate of members sign up would increase, such problems would be on the rise.

Last edited:
Each side needs to own up to this. Most reported posts are reported posts of the 'other' side and they totally ignore the offensive ramblings done by their own peers.

This is a very large board now. There will be all sort of people. The worst things you can do is if someone flames, you reply to them with another flame. We won't ever look at who started it. Since you had the option of reporting and you didn't, then you're equally at fault.

So just report posts, so we can come and have a look. Our team doesn't always get a chance to read each and every post/conversation and heavily rely on the report post option.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 AM ----------

I'm locking this, since these threads become pissing contests as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom