What's new

Qualities of moviies fading

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Being an avid movie watcher in my childhood and teen days , there was big gap afterwords
Recently I had chance to tune in to some Indian movies and to be quite honest I was shocked at the low quality of movies.

I had watched a 70`s classic Aradhna when Rajesh passed away...
I happened to watch 80`s movie Kala Pathar as it was one of movies I never watched and then I watched a movie from 2 years go Ready and I must say the difference was extreme by the time I reached last movie I could not take it and turned it off

In the older movie, there was story , character development , individual characters and acting and wonderful songs and in the new movie , there was only a HD camera some really horrible acting probbly bad enough that Salman Khan`s old grandfather must be rolling in his grave.

The amazing thing was that the worse movie made the most profit

I have started to see this modernization trend in Indian movies , trying to be Bollywood yet they have lost the meaning of making entertaining movies and story telling ...lately movies have become a collection of scantly clad western girls and mix of euro remixes , and pretty much no attempt to have a story or plot in movie .. and some really atrociously horrible dialogs ..

No wonder when film makers like Yesh passes away chapter is closed in cinema and movie making

Perhaps what distinguishes the movies of 60`s and 70`s the most is `stories` you actually had stories that had roles and characters , and topics were rich and diverse the casting was done according to actor`s capacity persona ...

Just having a HD quality high rosolution camera is not enough to make any one an actor , director or producer ..

I do not believe 70s were much better than today. I believe 70s, 80s were meant for exaggerated dramatization. Today there are good movies( with reduced dramatization and much improved compared to 70s movies) while there are many cheesy movies.

Why not stick to quality Pakistani movies ? Bollywood movies are really just focused on shallow Indians.

Its more of a generation Gap kind of thing ..... Cinema today are thronged by much more people than they were in the past . Its just we are getting old .

I do not believe 70s were much better than today. I believe 70s, 80s were meant for exaggerated dramatization. Today there are good movies( with reduced dramatization and much improved compared to 70s movies) while there are many cheesy movies.

On contrary I have been watching classic movies of old when I get a chance , the quality of music , story and picturization is way better then what the new movies are delivering

The new movies are more focused on presenting a `bling bling`persona just like how in black music we have the money and girls moving their bodies ....

bling_21.jpg

There are quite a few unseen movies on my watch list from classic time

Silsila, Deewar, lawaris etc .. I only seen handful of Rajesh`s golden era moves , and have not fully seen many of Dev Anand`s popular movies

There is something major missing in movies

There is this craze of Item song in movies which started to get really popular in recent years last 10 years or so , its just odd you can`t really sit down and watch the movie with item songs with your family (Its really very vulgar lol)

On contrary I have been watching classic movies of old when I get a chance , the quality of music , story and picturization is way better then what the new movies are delivering

The new movies are more focused on presenting a `bling bling`person just like how in black music we have the money and girls moving their bodies ....

There are quite a few unseen movies on my watch list from classic time

I watch old movies for nostalgic feelings but beyond that I feel movies like Dil Chatha Hai or Chak De India are far better than what is claimed today as the old classics.

Well Dil Chahta hai , or Chak De India and few handful movies are exception but just my 2 cents
The movies are not as good as Hollywood , and no longer your classic Indian movies so the movies have lost identity

I mean most of time I see the newer movies they show the hero living in this `castle` which is really lobby of a hotel in europe etc you know I mean its so so far away from reality .. it can`t even be stressed enough ...

Gajni was some what bearable to watch it was well done but in general the entertainment factor is lacking and the movies are heavy on

MATERIALISM dosage is high .. and story telling is very weak
Focus is on Gliter , Money , Huge Castle like homes (hotel lobbies) , fancy cars

Almost like the stories are being written for audience in US or UK its almost is like the movies have become a fiction .. and a very bad fictional piece of work

And its very hard to believe that talent like Sridevi , Madhuri , Amir , Salman , Shahruk etc can emerge from the current ìndustry which is very `FAMILY based`

This is the modern Movie Masala Formula

**Rent hotel Lobby
**Rent few white dancers
**Remix old songs
**Add Tadka of Item song
**Add a hero and heroine willing to be scantly clad
** buy a story from internet forums
** Get a HD quality high resolution camera rent it out
** If possible get a high profile name - to pull audiance to cinema

This are some Bollywood Movies that u should checkout

Swades
Dil Chahta Hai
Bheja Fry(Recommended)
Dev D (Recommended)
Johnny Gaddaar
Khosla's Nest(Recommended)
LSD: Love, Sex Aur Dhokha
Udaan(Recommended)
Manorama Six Feet Under
Chak De India!
Ek Chalis Ki Last Local (Recommended)
Black Friday
Tere Bin Laden(Recommended)
Aamir
Iqbal
Rang De Basanti
A Wednesday
Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II(Recommended)
Shaitan(Recommended)
Pyar Ka Punchnama(Recommended)
Oh My God
English Vinglish

Will keep on updating as i remember

And Do Stop watching Salman And Shahrukh Movies ...lateely they are churning out crap

This are some Bollywood Movies that u should checkout

Swades
Dil Chahta Hai
Bheja Fry(Recommended)
Dev D (Recommended)
Johnny Gaddaar
Khosla's Nest(Recommended)
LSD: Love, Sex Aur Dhokha
Udaan(Recommended)
Manorama Six Feet Under
Chak De India!
Ek Chalis Ki Last Local (Recommended)
Black Friday
Tere Bin Laden(Recommended)
Aamir
Iqbal
Rang De Basanti
A Wednesday
Waisa Bhi Hota Hai Part II(Recommended)
Shaitan(Recommended)
Pyar Ka Punchnama(Recommended)
Oh My God
English Vinglish

Will keep on updating as i remember

And Do Stop watching Salman And Shahrukh Movies ...lateely they are churning out crap

Lol thats a Pakistani flim brthr although it wasn't released in Pak properly due ''Censor Issue'' bcoz of its name...:rofl:

Lol thats a Pakistani flim brthr although it wasn't released in Pak properly due ''Censor Issue'' bcoz of its name...:rofl:

That is a Bollywood movie except the actor ..all other cast production team and even the chalwala is from india

That is a Bollywood movie except the actor ..all other cast production team and even the chalwala is from india

Sorry my bad actually the movie looked like it was shot in Pak plus the lead actor was also Pakistani so i got confused...:D

Being an avid movie watcher in my childhood and teen days , there was big gap afterwords
Recently I had chance to tune in to some Indian movies and to be quite honest I was shocked at the low quality of movies.

I had watched a 70`s classic Aradhna when Rajesh passed away...
I happened to watch 80`s movie Kala Pathar as it was one of movies I never watched and then I watched a movie from 2 years go Ready and I must say the difference was extreme by the time I reached last movie I could not take it and turned it off

In the older movie, there was story , character development , individual characters and acting and wonderful songs and in the new movie , there was only a HD camera some really horrible acting probbly bad enough that Salman Khan`s old grandfather must be rolling in his grave.

The amazing thing was that the worse movie made the most profit

I have started to see this modernization trend in Indian movies , trying to be Bollywood yet they have lost the meaning of making entertaining movies and story telling ...lately movies have become a collection of scantly clad western girls and mix of euro remixes , and pretty much no attempt to have a story or plot in movie .. and some really atrociously horrible dialogs ..

No wonder when film makers like Yesh passes away chapter is closed in cinema and movie making

Perhaps what distinguishes the movies of 60`s and 70`s the most is `stories` you actually had stories that had roles and characters , and topics were rich and diverse the casting was done according to actor`s capacity persona ...

Just having a HD quality high rosolution camera is not enough to make any one an actor , director or producer ..

You must have become old. I haven't watched any Indian movie for 3 years. Try Andaz Apna Apna.

Back
Top Bottom