What's new

Qoutes of Day

Peace will come when the Arabs start to love their children more than they hate us.
- Golda Meir

Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.
- Christopher Morley

Another from him

A man who has never made a woman angry is a failure in life.

GREAT:rofl:

KIT Out

Peace will come when the Arabs start to love their children more than they hate us.
- Golda Meir

Arab sovereignty in Jerusalem just cannot be. This city will not be divided—not half and half, not 60-40, not 75-25, nothing.

She also said so. Didn't she? And she talks of peace and hate of Muslims?

KIT OUT

She also said so. Didn't she? And she talks of peace and hate of Muslims?
This popped out in a Time magazine interview during a discussion of the role of Jordan, whose army Golda always thought of as "the Arab Legion". Since Jordan gave up its claims to sovereignty west of the Jordan River and no one currently envisages Jordanian sovereignty in Jerusalem as part of Arab-Israeli peace, it seems that in the context it was intended Golda's statement has been accepted and is uncontroversial. (Note that control of the Temple Mount area has remained in the hands of the waqf even after the Six-Day War.)

Books to the ceiling,/ Books to the sky,/ My pile of books is a mile high./ How I love them! How I need them!/ I'll have a long beard by the time I read them.
- Arnold Lobel
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but backwards and in high heels.
- Bob Thaves
Sure I'm for helping the elderly. I'm going to be old myself some day.
- Lillian Carter

A perpetual holiday is a good working definition of hell.
- George Bernard Shaw
When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
- Abraham Lincoln
The men who really believe in themselves are all in lunatic asylums.
- G. K. Chesterton

Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty. To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom.
- Bertrand Russell

Back
Top Bottom