What's new

Qatar offers job visas for 100,000 Pakistanis

During PPP time Qatar deal was costing around $18/btu while IP was around $13. Like previously mentioned, international market Gas prices are all time low, $2.13/MMBtu. if you negotiate with Iranian, IP has to be half the price of Qatar since it doesn't requires transportation and all other costly shenanigans like liquefaction. Qatar LNG $5.5 is more than twice as expensive as gas in the international market.

U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

You are comparing well head prices with delivered prices..independent observers have termed qatar deal as world cheapest LNG order..it is based on 13.35% of Brent prices..so brent goes down...LNG goes down..operating long distance pipe lines is a risky and expensive ordeal..Qatar deal only covers 20% of our gas requirements...there IP and TAPI piple line to go as well..

From talk shows to internet forums..ignorant Pakistanis are jack of all trades..never seizing to amaze me with their stupidity...between having no gas and expensive gas..the expensive gas option is the best practical feasibility..we can reduce our expenditure by making consumption more efficiency..starting with each house hold..replace those bulky water heaters with more efficiency inline models which only consume gas when tap is opened..and do not store a 100 liters of preheated water as reserve..then is industrial consumption where efficiency can be raised by big margin...

During PPP time Qatar deal was costing around $18/btu while IP was around $13. Like previously mentioned, international market Gas prices are all time low, $2.13/MMBtu. if you negotiate with Iranian, IP has to be half the price of Qatar since it doesn't requires transportation and all other costly shenanigans like liquefaction. Qatar LNG $5.5 is more than twice as expensive as gas in the international market.

U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)
But it does require 1.5 B USD pipeline.

But we need energy now and IP will still take few more years + no one is willing to build this pipeline. the prices you quoted are in US which is quite cheap. I think there are not international Gas prices.

You are comparing well head prices with delivered prices..independent observers have termed qatar deal as world cheapest LNG order..it is based on 13.35% of Brent prices..so brent goes down...LNG goes down..operating long distance pipe lines is a risky and expensive ordeal..Qatar deal only covers 20% of our gas requirements...there IP and TAPI piple line to go as well..

From talk shows to internet forums..ignorant Pakistanis are jack of all trades..never seizing to amaze me with their stupidity...between having no gas and expensive gas..the expensive gas option is the best practical feasibility..we can reduce our expenditure by making consumption more efficiency..starting with each house hold..replace those bulky water heaters with more efficiency inline models which only consume gas when tap is opened..and do not store a 100 liters of preheated water as reserve..then is industrial consumption where efficiency can be raised by big margin...
Come down from lala land that you are living in. You are presenting western consumer efficiency model to a nation which cannot manage their waste system in their largest city. Nation that can live without electricity for 18 to 20 hours but would not agree to build a fucking dam in 3 decades. Nation that would gladly give away billions of dollar every year to foreign country to run their oil and gas turbines and call it a win win situation, but will not use free Hydro-power that they are blessed with.
Explain me "it is based on 13.35% of Brent prices".

But it does require 1.5 B USD pipeline.

But we need energy now and IP will still take few more years + no one is willing to build this pipeline. the prices you quoted are in US which is quite cheap. I think there are not international Gas prices.

Those are well head prices in the US which is the cheapest gas producer in the world...infact their cost is so low that even with shale they are able to compete and are lower than international average..US is the Saudi Arabia of Gas..

Come down from lala land that you are living in. You are presenting western consumer efficiency model to a nation which cannot manage their waste system in their largest city. Nation that can live without electricity for 18 to 20 hours but would not agree to build a fucking dam in 3 decades. Nation that would gladly give away billions of dollar every year to foreign country to run their oil and gas turbines and call it a win win situation, but will not use free Hydro-power that they are blessed with.

You are talking as dams are ready to start production next day if we cancel this deal. Living in US and talking about pakistan. Your type of people having all luxuries will argue about every thing which will help in development of my country.

Those are well head prices in the US which is the cheapest gas producer in the world...infact their cost is so low that even with shale they are able to compete and are lower than international average..US is the Saudi Arabia of Gas..

You didnt get what i mean. What i said was " People are saying why we didnt start IP gas pipeline. so on whici i said its required 1.5 billion USD to build that damn pipeline which no one is willing to provide. beside that it will also take time to build it. while we need energy NOW. "

13.35 % of Brent oil price in international market. whats there to explain it just need common sense to understand it. which i think lacks in many people now days.

Crude Oil Brent Price: Latest Price & Chart for Crude Oil Brent - NASDAQ.com

Useless hippe rant..the world is green..the grass is greener..we should all smoke pot..and get high...
Keyboard ranting does not run the country...get into deeper details...as far as the explanation is concerned...

There is something call resilience by diversity...hydro-electric plants do not run during winter as water flow is less..and in event of earth quake in KP..the plants have a very high potential of going out of service..every country keeps power infrastructure of 50% extra in surplus to meet downtime, natural disasters, demand spikes, seasonal and economic down turn....even if Pakistan could be supplied 100% by hydro electric it would not be possible for 12 Months a year..plus you will still need diversification in generation for better reliability..

Pakistan, Qatar sign $16 billion LNG deal - The Express Tribune

“This agreement has been hailed around the world as the most cost effective deal for LNG globally under which Pakistan will keep importing fuel from Qatar till 2032.”

The minister claimed that the deal would save the country $1 billion annually while a further $600 million could be saved in diesel costs for power generators.

According to the agreement, the cost of gas for the month of March is estimated to be $4.78 per mmbtu, lower than the Qatar’s current rate of $5.35 mmbtu.

Cheaper LNG only solution to energy woes - The Express Tribune

Pakistan will buy LNG from Qatar at 13.37% of Brent crude price, which amounts to $4.680 per million British thermal units (mmbtu) when oil is sold for $35 per barrel. This also includes port charges of $320,000 per vessel.

Your inlaws run the KP government and your daddy will finance the hydroelectric project...the best policy is to not feed the trolls...

You are talking as dams are ready to start production next day if we cancel this deal. Living in US and talking about pakistan. Your type of people having all luxuries will argue about every thing which will help in development of my country.

Most of these Pakistanis living particularly in USA, Canada and UK are complete scum and they are the prime reason why country is running amok with terrorism..they want shariah back home while their own daughters are dancing wearing spaghetti at local clubs..

You didnt get what i mean. What i said was " People are saying why we didnt start IP gas pipeline. so on whici i said its required 1.5 billion USD to build that damn pipeline which no one is willing to provide. beside that it will also take time to build it. while we need energy NOW. "

IP pipe line is controversial as no investors are ready to trust Iran which has a bad history of crooks and criminals already..Russia is financing the Lahore-Karachi LNG line but they are not willing to finance the IP Pipeline.

Useless hippe rant..the world is green..the grass is greener..we should all smoke pot..and get high...
Keyboard ranting does not run the country...get into deeper details...as far as the explanation is concerned...

There is something call resilience by diversity...hydro-electric plants do not run during winter as water flow is less..and in event of earth quake in KP..the plants have a very high potential of going out of service..every country keeps power infrastructure of 50% extra in surplus to meet downtime, natural disasters, demand spikes, seasonal and economic down turn....even if Pakistan could be supplied 100% by hydro electric it would not be possible for 12 Months a year..plus you will still need diversification in generation for better reliability..

Your inlaws run the KP government and your daddy will finance the hydroelectric project...the best policy is to not feed the trolls...

Most of these Pakistanis living particularly in USA, Canada and UK are complete scum and they are the prime reason why country is running amok with terrorism..they want shariah back home while their own daughters are dancing wearing spaghetti at local clubs..

IP pipe line is controversial as no investors are ready to trust Iran which has a bad history of crooks and criminals already..Russia is financing the Lahore-Karachi LNG line but they are not willing to finance the IP Pipeline.

Yes true, you know what they think tehy are the most intelligent people who love pakistan. India is buying 13$ per mmbtu from qatar in deal for 25 years. but for them pakistan is giving free dollars to qatar by this EXPENSIVE deal.

You know i dont have any issue if they bring facts and talk in comparison with other countries in region. But i hate to say they lack reasoning and logic and most them are blind followers of some persons. what ever he will say they will believe him.

Yes true, you know what they think tehy are the most intelligent people who love pakistan. India is buying 13$ per mmbtu from qatar in deal for 25 years. but for them pakistan is giving free dollars to qatar by this EXPENSIVE deal.

You know i dont have any issue if they bring facts and talk in comparison with other countries in region. But i hate to say they lack reasoning and logic and most them are blind followers of some persons. what ever he will say they will believe him.

A vast majority of people in any countries are absolute "chutyas" ... These people never talk logical fact and figures..but only media hearsay...that is by democracy is bad...especially for countries with large population of chutyas..

Prime Minister’s spokesman Dr Mussaddiq Malik told a press conference that the landmark deal would save Rs 100 billion per annum and would contribute to meeting the country’s energy needs by 25 percent. Malik said the settled price was the 13.37 percent of the brent and was cheaper than the gas to be imported through Iran-Pakistan and Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline projects. He said even the India’s LNG contract was expensive by 30-35 percent than Pakistan’s deal with Qatar. He said LNG would be cheaper than Pakistan’s indigenous gas.

LNG deal with Qatar cheapest in South Asia: govt

ISLAMABAD: Energy giant Royal Dutch Shell is going to lose a five-year liquefied natural gas (LNG) supply contract worth over $1 billion as a Qatari company has agreed to provide the commodity at a lower price to Pakistan.

Gunvor and Royal Dutch Shell had won supply contracts in response to the two tenders floated by Pakistan State Oil (PSO) a few weeks ago for bringing 120 LNG cargoes over a period of five years.

ECC likely to give green light to multibillion dollar LNG deal

Gunvor offered to bring 60 cargoes at 13.37% of Brent crude price whereas Shell quoted 13.8% of Brent crude price for another 60 cargoes.

During negotiations after the opening of bids, Qatargas agreed to match the price offered by Gunvor, which was the lowest, prompting the government to consider scrapping the contract with Shell and award it to the Qatari company.

In the tenders, nine trading firms including commodities giant Vitol, Glencore, Trafigura, Marubeni and US-based Excelerate Energy had submitted bids but all were rejected.

Shell to lose $1billion contract as Qatar offers Pakistan lower price - The Express Tribune

Last edited:
100,000 jobs are all talk. LNG deal doesn't include anything about 100,000 jobs. It just some Arabi sheik apparently told Main sanp, other than that it not a contract with Qatar had to abide by. My contentions are same as dr Shahid masood, getting stuck for 15 years with same price, while prices might come down and on top of that paying $400,000+ for each shipment. 400,000x (500,1000 or more) which mean billion additional every year.

did you ever stop to think that prices have more chances of going up than down at this point. Mian sannp with his wisdom is the PM of a country while you are listening to Dr. Shahid.

did you ever stop to think that prices have more chances of going up than down at this point. Mian sannp with his wisdom is the PM of a country while you are listening to Dr. Shahid.

Dr. Shahid Manhos...A third class useless anchor which is supervised on a show by a woman because his tounge goes into boran bakwa mode which could be bad for channel rating..

There is limit of going down the prices. Might b its help full.

crude-oils-total-cost-production-impacts-major-oil-producers

Crude Oil's Total Cost of Production Impacts Major Oil Producers - Market Realist

13.35 % of Brent oil price in international market. whats there to explain it just need common sense to understand it. which i think lacks in many people now days.

Crude Oil Brent Price: Latest Price & Chart for Crude Oil Brent - NASDAQ.com
Sir, I wasn't born last night, I don't falls for random graphs or posters. Either explain what does it mean, and how does it effect Pakistan's LNG deal. or just admit you don't have a damn clue about this stuff. Don't copy paste random link of graph that you have no clue about.

Dr. Shahid Manhos...A third class useless anchor which is supervised on a show by a woman because his tounge goes into boran bakwa mode which could be bad for channel rating..
Your statement shows your level of Idiocy.

Sir, I wasn't born last night, I don't falls for random graphs or posters. Either explain what does it mean, and how does it effect Pakistan's LNG deal. or just admit you don't have a damn clue about this stuff. Don't copy paste random link of graph that you have no clue about.

Your statement shows your level of Idiocy.

Sorry, Btw i didnt understand what u want me to explain you?

Back
Top Bottom