What's new

Qatar and the UAE to buy US missile defence technology worth $7.6 billion

Darth Vader

Reaction score
Country
Norway
thaad.jpg
WASHINGTON: Qatar and the United Arab Emirates have asked to buy more than $7.6 billion in US missile defense technology, the Pentagon said Tuesday.

The orders for the Lockheed Martin-made equipment were detailed in documents posted online late Monday by the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, which said it had notified Congress of the request.

Qatar has requested two Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) fire units, 12 launchers and 150 interceptors, as well as radar units, other equipment, spare parts and training, all worth an estimated $6.5 billion.

The UAE has asked for 48 THAAD missiles and nine launchers, as well as spare parts and training, for a total of $1.135 billion, according to a second filing. The THAAD system is designed to intercept and destroy ballistic missiles, including those carrying weapons of mass destruction.

The Pentagon recommended both proposed sales, saying the technology would strengthen regional security and reduce both states' dependence on US forces.

Qatar, the UAE and other petroleum-rich Gulf states have eyed nearby Iran with increasing concern in recent years amid mounting tensions over Tehran's controversial nuclear program.

The United States maintains a large military presence in the Gulf and has sold billions of dollars worth of arms in recent years to Saudi Arabia and allied Gulf states. In December 2011 the United States signed a nearly $30 billion deal to sell F-15 fighter jets to Saudi Arabia in a move likely aimed at countering Iran.

nope , USA needs money and ordered his puppet to buy some of his weapon ....

Yeaaaaah suuuuure. It has NOTHING to do with Iranian Ballistic Missiles program at all. And it has nothing to do with the GCC common Air Defense network at all. Nope none of that, You are such a genius you know that? :cheesy:

Yeaaaaah suuuuure. It has NOTHING to do with Iranian Ballistic Missiles program at all. And it has nothing to do with the GCC common Air Defense network at all. Nope none of that, You are such a genius you know that? :cheesy:

well , thanks for ironic admire .... fact is that both Qatar and UAE are nothing for us .... USA need these system to protect his bases not some useless moron !!

the truth is bitter ......

well , thanks for ironic admire .... fact is that both Qatar and UAE are nothing for us .... USA need these system to protect his bases not some useless moron !!

the truth is bitter ......

Yeah sure UAE or Qatar maybe "nothing". However Kuwait+Qatar+Bahrain+UAE+Oman+Jordan+KSA is probably something your generals piss in their pants about....

Really what is wrong with Iranians in this forum, have your regime really pumped you so full of ignorance and and false sense of grandure that you became soooo.... I don't even have a word for it.

Yeah sure UAE or Qatar maybe "nothing". However Kuwait+Qatar+Bahrain+UAE+Oman+Jordan+KSA is probably something your generals piss in their pants about....

Really what is wrong with Iranians in this forum, have your regime really pumped you so full of ignorance and and false sense of grandure that you became soooo.... I don't even have a word for it.

like your mighty Al Qaed Al Qadesie ( القائد القادسیه / Saddam ) !?

Where is he now !?

at least Iraq had some solders but Kuwait + UAE + QATAR + Bahrain need to import solders from other countries ....

are you forget 1991 , Saddam army occupied Kuwait in less than 4 hours but his army was behind Khoramshars more than 34 days and IRan hadn't even an army back then ...

don't get cocky because of some USA bases in some lilliputian Arab countries .... without western or other super power's support , you Arab are nothing , your glories days finish in beginning of Ottoman empire ....

your armies have good weapon , very good weapon , I admit it but yourselves , no ... if Pakistan or even Afghanistan had 1/5 your weapons , then I would be worried but Arab and especially these so called GCC countries , no ....

Well , even if IRaq or Egypt had 1/5 GCC modern weapons , then it would be more dangerous for us !!!

like your mighty Al Qaed Al Qadesie ( القائد القادسیه / Saddam ) !?

Where is he now !?

at least Iraq had some solders but Kuwait + UAE + QATAR + Bahrain need to import solders from other countries ....

are you forget 1991 , Saddam army occupied Kuwait in less than 4 hours but his army was behind Khoramshars more than 34 days and IRan hadn't even an army back then ...

don't get cocky because of some USA bases in some lilliputian Arab countries .... without western or other super power's support , you Arab are nothing , your glories days finish in beginning of Ottoman empire ....

your armies have good weapon , very good weapon , I admit it but yourselves , no ... if Pakistan or even Afghanistan had 1/5 your weapons , then I would be worried but Arab and especially these so called GCC countries , no ....

Keep thinking that mate.. Oooooooh it is going to be amazing... I can't wait really can't wait :cheesy:

The looks on your faces.... Oh and just a reminder:

4985496885_412aef360d_z.jpg

Dude, the small island of Bahrain can easily rule over their airspace, and their 60s rusty air force cant do $hit, let along any one else.

Dude, the small island of Bahrain can easily rule over their airspace, and their 60s rusty air force cant do $hit, let along any one else.

It reminds me of something I have read in an Iranian forum once and I quote : "Arabs have inert fear of Persians, it is genetic. Once they see the Iranian army marching they will all drop their weapons and run" I laughed so hard.

I really hope when Iran finally starts the war all their soldiers believe this way, the major cost of the war is going to be cleaning up the piles upon piles of Persian body parts and guts :bad:

your armies have good weapon , very good weapon , I admit it but yourselves , no ...

Well , even if IRaq or Egypt had 1/5 GCC modern weapons , then it would be more dangerous for us !!!

Need reading ?

Battle of Khafji

Battle of Khafji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.amazon.com/Storm-Horizon-Khafji---Battle-Changed/dp/0345481534/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1352318383&sr=1-1&keywords=Khafji

And in the past (1991) we didn’t have, yet, a powerful ‘strategic air power’ like now.:devil:

It reminds me of something I have read in an Iranian forum once and I quote : "Arabs have inert fear of Persians, it is genetic. Once they see the Iranian army marching they will all drop their weapons and run" I laughed so hard.

I really hope when Iran finally starts the war all their soldiers believe this way, the major cost of the war is going to be cleaning up the piles upon piles of Persian body parts and guts :bad:

hahahahaha, man you gotta give me the link of that forum i wanna laugh 2...

nope , USA needs money and ordered his puppet to buy some of his weapon ....

So what's the iranian problem if someone is buying western weapons? Even your Shah of Iran was used to buy American weapons.In time of need, you people even took weapons from Israel and USA. Iran Contra Affair :whistle:

I don't know why Iranians moans so much. If you get the chance you will be the first to lay hand on such weapons!

Keep thinking that mate.. Oooooooh it is going to be amazing... I can't wait really can't wait

4985496885_412aef360d_z.jpg

I'll consider you potential power when you shove Eagles up israel's throat that slaughters murders commits crimes against humanity in Palestine, while Palestinians suffer for the past 42 Years you people have Iran up your heads growup clowns.

PS. This is arab procurement Threat don't make it arab-iran fight club and no arabs are not macho.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom