What's new

Putin and Modi have agreed on licensed production of a Russian attack helicopter in India

Is this going to replace Cheetah/Chetak ?
If so, then what will happen to LUH ?

we already bought 100+ Mi-17 v 5 isnt it..
why build now?

i feel this chopper building is totally useless.. we are already at it..

instead tank ammunition, smerch rockets , pak fa components manufacture would all have been much better and relevant.

nuclear reactor deal :tup: ,even though deal now got costlier , my state TN will be the biggest beneficiary :D

400 per year is too big i think ... May be 40 a year was the figure

1 question
is this will be assembled for india or for export ???

features-jpg.164041

LUH

General characteristics
Performance
  • Maximum speed: 280 km/h (174 mph; 151 kn)
  • Cruising speed: 240 km/h (149 mph; 130 kn)
  • Never exceed speed: 330 km/h (205 mph; 178 kn)
  • Range: 351 km; 189 nmi (218 mi)
  • Service ceiling: 6,492 m (21,300 ft)

why build Russian ?
purely for exports?

Another Source

India will manufacture the Russian Mi-17 and Ka-226T
NEW DELHI, Dec. 11 - RIA Novosti
India will produce Russian helicopters Mi-17 and Ka-226T accordance with contracts signed Thursday as part of a visit by Russian President Vladimir Putin in India, announced in New Delhi on Russian Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Rogozin.

"There are two contracts. One of them concerns the Mi-17 they (the Indians) really need and the other on the Ka-226T. This is a big contract on assembly in Indian Territory "of nearly 400 helicopters per year M.Rogozine said.

India had previously launched a tender for the purchase of utility helicopters where Russian Ka-226 competed with Eurocopter. But according M.Rogozine, unique performance of Ka-226 New Delhi have to give up the bidding and opt for the production of Ka-226 helicopters on its territory.

The Ka-226T is a modern multi-purpose light helicopter coaxial scheme of arrangement of helices. This device is equipped with twin double counter rotor. This is Arrius 2G1 Turbomeca (France) specially adapted.

L'Inde fabriquera des hélicoptères russes Mi-17 et Ka-226T | Économie | RIA Novosti

Main Posted edited and updated

Did that hurt your feelings my little indian friend.
Come on man talk with some sense, Are you implying you were getting Block 60 and you still take block 52 of F16, have you compare with your ME brother F 16-Block60 with your own F 16. Or you think India rejected F16 block60 in MMRCA deal so it is inferior to your F16.:-):-):-):-):-):-):-)

I am deeply saddened and chastened that I hurt your emotional well being, my diminutive person of indian extraction amicus.
Are you high.................... What stupid one liner you keep on making. If you want to talk something then stay otherwise get hell out of the forum, You are completely derailing the forum.

India rejected F16 block60 in MMRCA deal
yes we did ! 8-)

was/is there going to be a joint press conference or has he already left ?

bit of a shame this didn't get anywhere near the media attention the Obama visit will get but it's substance that matters, and it is a yearly conference so..

anyway, I'm for a 100% independent foreign policy free from any risk of external arm twisting but in a changing world, kisi ki jakad mein aana hee hai to I'd rather we ally ourselves closer to Russia than the US

bear fir bhi pyaar se daabta hai, Chacha Sam saala seedhe drone bhejega humko maarney :P

how fascinating. .. oh my.. you are still claiming lots of stuff without any source. .. absorbing tech??

yes absorbing tech was the main reason from PAF, when initial negotiations were started for F-16s during Mush era.

U will find the answers in chechnya war and the failure of t-80 in urban environment.
Completely unrelated and rather poor answer .. and Im enjoying being blunt in this. the Chechen conflict had NO relation to the conflicts the Russians were foreseeing with the T-80, nor was it just the tank that had the problem when the employment itself was suicidal.. and clearly this is not how and where Pakistan will use them... so should I conclude that most of the time you are half assing on posts ? I believe you can do better.

The issue with the T-80 was the gas turbine engine and its fallacies in combat. That problem was rectified with the T-80UD(and more recently with the T-84 Oplot. The T-80UD was the solution to the issues faced at Grozny regarding the engine. The reason the T-80 went was much more to do with the embarrassing situation the Russian generals had themselves set up which ended up with bad press for the tank rather than the Tank itself.. by contrast the T-72 was under much greater massacre in Chechnya..

But Chechnya is was not the plains or Europe.. nor it the Thar Desert.

All things considered, the T-80UDs purchased by Pakistan came in the mid-90s whilst the current debate is on what else the Russians might have on offer.

Completely unrelated and rather poor answer .. and Im enjoying being blunt in this. the Chechen conflict had NO relation to the conflicts the Russians were foreseeing with the T-80, nor was it just the tank that had the problem when the employment itself was suicidal.. and clearly this is not how and where Pakistan will use them... so should I conclude that most of the time you are half assing on posts ? I believe you can do better.

The issue with the T-80 was the gas turbine engine and its fallacies in combat. That problem was rectified with the T-80UD(and more recently with the T-84 Oplot. The T-80UD was the solution to the issues faced at Grozny regarding the engine. The reason the T-80 went was much more to do with the embarrassing situation the Russian generals had themselves set up which ended up with bad press for the tank rather than the Tank itself.. by contrast the T-72 was under much greater massacre in Chechnya..

But Chechnya is was not the plains or Europe.. nor it the Thar Desert.

All things considered, the T-80UDs purchased by Pakistan came in the mid-90s whilst the current debate is on what else the Russians might have on offer.

I agree,,i have rather poor knowledge of tanks.
I may have been wrong.

U will find the answers in chechnya war and the failure of t-80 in urban environment.
the recent Iraq army vs. ISIS footage also doesn't do any favour to the Abram tank marketing.

again a poor deployment and lack of understanding or disregard of the SOPs meant that the Iraqi army was defeated despite having an indestructible tank. not sure if T-90 would have had any better fate in Grozni or Falujah if it was employed by the same people with the same thinking that saw their tanks failing cheaply

Back
Top Bottom