What's new

Punjab Police to buy 5000 M4 Assault Rifles

That is too expensive and not needed, even the yanks dont have it, they call swat when heavy fire support needed, rest of the time they make do with close quater weapons n handguns...

As far as I am aware,every patrolman (or many at least) in the US has access to a shotgun or an assault rifle in his patrol car.

As far as I am aware,every patrolman (or many at least) in the US has access to a shotgun or an assault rifle in his patrol car.
A shotgun is a close quater weapon and most of them have a single shotgun to a pair in every petrol vehicle...i dont knw about assaullt rifles but they are rare not like Pakistan where every second police man is seen holding a legacy assault rifle...the difference betweeon policing and armed forces escapes Pakistan's civil administration...

Colonial era policing system in Pak, police personal must have a hand gun, baton n sprays, handcuff, torch etc. Moreover the present patrolling system must be shited to car patrolling with a couple of officers to a car. Divide the force up among sectors instead of making 7-8 men petrol a single area in a single pick up truck. Every car must have a single close quater weapon i.e shotgun to which one of the pair could shift to if needed. Street patrolling on foot must also be initiated in densely populated areas to traffic prone roads with an integrated radio system. Assault rifles must be the domain of a standard elite unit like swat which needs to be expanded to every district of a province, with APC's, assault support equipment, situational awareness equipment etc ,on call 24/7 at a moments notice to assault, hostage recovery, raids etc while the normal police officers provide support. Secondly a detective division must be enacted to pursue and follow up investigations backed up by forensics etc. Do all this and i promise we wont need FC and Army in our cities ever again, the army will be free to spend thier limited resources on more important task of national security...
I suggested slicing Pak Navy by half. Saved money spent on building up capacity of law enforecement but our @Zarvan disagreed. He felt chasing Somali prirates was more important.

You must forget that in the majority of cases,they patrol alone.
A shotgun is a close quater weapon and most of them have a single shotgun to a pair in every petrol vehicle...i dont knw about assaullt rifles but they are rare not like Pakistan where every second police man is seen holding a legacy assault rifle...the difference betweeon policing and armed forces escapes Pakistan's civil administration...the priority when dealing with citizens must be to arrest them n bring to prosecution rather than blasting them away which is usually done here, heavy firepower must be reserved for the most notorious heavily armed criminals..

You must forget that in the majority of cases,they patrol alone.
No they dont, there's always a pair to a car in most cases and ur ignoring how a integrated zonal patrol system works, if one unit gets into trouble it goes on radio and most of the cars already patrolling the area are diverted to the spot, they are not very faraway in most cases, its not like they have to dispatch help from the HQ's.

Glad you're not a military strategist. :lol:
I know. That is why we lost three wars out of three. That is why half of Pakistan is lawless. That is why India, Iran, Israel, US can fcuk inside the country with impunity.

Can't fcukin control Karachi, can't contol Balochistan but we want to sail the seven seas after Somali pirates ....

I suggested slicing Pak Navy by half. Saved money spent on building up capacity of law enforecement but our @Zarvan disagreed. He felt chasing Somali prirates was more important.
Lol, on a serious note if we cut the needless things bulking up our police budget, we can do all the improvements required with the already present budget or just by spending the a little more..p.s our navy is not much better than somali pirates right now in terms of assets so "yateem ke mun se nawala na cheeno":D

I know. That is why we lost three wars out of three. That is why half of Pakistan is lawless. That is why India, Iran, Israel, US can fcuk inside the country with impunity.

Can't fcukin control Karachi, can't contol Balochistan but we want to sail the seven seas after Somali pirates ....

Too bad we didn't have you around to **** our country up more. :lol:

Lol, on a serious note if we cut the needless things bulking up our police budget, we can do all the improvements required with the already present budget or just by spending the a little more..p.s our navy is not much better than somali pirates right now in terms of assets so "yateem ke mun se nawala na cheeno":D
You have your priorities right and I respect that. I believe we need to chop PN by half and even reduce our army size by 10%. We need however to beef up nuclear strike force. Money saved goes on internal security.

No country earth now can threaten Pakistan. However our weakness is internal. Soviet Union fell apart despite having more tanks, more guns, more planes then we can dream. It fell apart because of internal weakness. And that today is Pakistan's Achilles heel. India knows this. Think Balochistan. Think Karachi. Think RAW.

No.... what we need is reforms in general...... and ..... de-pol of sindh and panjab police.

Too bad we didn't have you around to **** our country up more. :lol:
Coming from a dim bulb like you I take that as a cmpliment. All your capable is of one liners. One liners is your height of intellectual prowess. But then we know your a tough guy. So I am not going to say more in case you come after me.

<<<My legs shaking>>>

You know I see regularly women officers patroling my neck of the woods. No guns at all.

No they dont, there's always a pair to a car in most cases and ur ignoring how a integrated zonal patrol system works, if one unit gets into trouble it goes on radio and most of the cars already patrolling the area are diverted to the spot, they are not very faraway in most cases, its not like they have to dispatch help from the HQ's.

I know how it works,it's not like you are teaching me something new.

And for the reference. ^^

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom