What's new

Punjab Nahi Jaungi (2017) - Movie Review

logixlord

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
United States
This year 2 Pakistani movies grossed more than 20CR at the local box office, which was a first. But the main record that was broken this year was that of the highest all time grossing Pakistani film world wide when Punjab Nahi Jaungi bt 45CR gross of Jawani Phir Nahi Aani.

Usually, I am the only on in a US theater watching a Pakistani film. But for Punjab Nahi Jaungi, I could not get a seat for the 5PM show as it was sold out (another first). Got a good seat for the next show, which was also sold out. The film played for 4 weeks in the theaters in the US, as opposed to Yalghaar, which played for only a week.

For Humayun Saeed, ARY Films and Nadeem Baig, they only bettered their own position on the top of the pile. One thing to keep in mind is that Jawani Phir Nahi Aani still is the highest grossing film IN Pakistan with 37 or 38CR. Interestingly, until Punjab Nahi Jaungi release, the most common number known about Jawani was that grossed 42CR in Pakistan, and 49CR worldwide. It would be really helpful if someone can publish accurate data about box office performance (like Bollywood does) and budget, so that conjectures and guesses can be put to rest.

Quite astonishing that Punjab Nahi Jaungi is still running in the cinemas after 6 weeks, and has already touched 30CR. Haven't seen worldwide latest numbers, but I would hope that it touches 50CR worldwide to break that glass ceiling for Pakistani Cinema.

A really good "Making of" video of Punjab Nahi Jaungi.

This song was quite beautifully shot and looked great in the cinema. Since it was also a critical point in the film, I am not surprised that ARY Films did not release the full video of this song.

Wasn't a big fan of this entire sequence in the film. But Humayun Saeed does pull off a good hero in it.

Overall, I think that ARY Films and Six Sigma productions had the promotion of Punjab Nahi Jaungi nailed. It was very well planned, and they had the right things in place for before and after release. You don't become the highest grossing Pakistani film world wide for no reason !

ARY & Humayun's six sigma films do so much business just because of Marketing dont know when our idiotic other banners will learn that........PNJG might have already crossed 50 crore as 45 crore is weeks old figures and the film is still running till date.

Besides the promotion it's also the trailer and family oriented movies usually cross also of gross especially with good sense of humour.

This film is STILL playing in the theaters in Pakistan ! in its 14th week, which no Bollywood has yet been able to achieve at the Pakistan Box office. And in general, it is quite rare even in the US to see a film get into 14th week in this day and age. They are usually off after 3 months max.

Back
Top Bottom