What's new

Punjab medium term plan to target 7pc growth

I though you was talking about crickter. Crickter leg spinner Abdul Qadir is not pashtun while scientist Andul Qadir is?
Sorry i didnt pay attention. About Abdul qadir , the leg spinner, there was article on him in "akhbar e jehan", that he belongs to a pathan family. I dont know the rest of details.

Sorry i didnt pay attention. About Abdul qadir , the leg spinner, the was article on him in "akhbar e jehan", that he belongs to a pathan family. I dont know the rest of details.

Actually Abdul Qadir the scientist belong to Bhopal and is pathan origin. Akhbar-e-Jahan got confused. The crickter is not.

Actually Abdul Qadir the scientist belong to Bhopal and is pathan origin. Akhbar-e-Jahan got confused. The crickter is not.
May be. I just searched internet, there is nothing about abdul qadir family.
The cricketer mohsin khan, the star of "hathi mera sathi", from where he belongs to?

May be. I just searched internet, there is nothing about abdul qadir family.
The cricketer mohsin khan, the star of "hathi mera sathi", from where he belongs to?

There is famous video of Abdul Qadir scientist on youtube where he says that Bhopal have never produced traitor and ahmedi. lol So Akhbar-e-jehan got confused because of similar names. No idea about Mohsin Khan.

There is famous video of Abdul Qadir scientist on youtube where he says that Bhopal have never produced traitor and ahmedi. lol So Akhbar-e-jehan got confused because of similar names. No idea about Mohsin Khan.
I think you are right, generally people assume that any one with khan surname would be pathan. And leg spinner's name ends with khan.

Sorry i didnt pay attention. About Abdul qadir , the leg spinner, there was article on him in "akhbar e jehan", that he belongs to a pathan family. I dont know the rest of details.

Abdul Qader (leg spinner) is pure pashtun (pashto speaking) but he was born to a pashtun imam masjid in lahore , so he has grown up in lahore and has good command on both pashto and punjabi, I even once saw one of his interview where he even spoke some pashto a long time ago perhaps on some ptv program in 90s.

There is also video of AQ khan on youtube, of capital talk, in which hamid mir asks him whether intelligence officials are scaring and harassing him during house arrest. He replies "may pathan hun, kisi sey darta nahi"

No abdul qader (cricketer) is actually pashtun (pashto speaking) , he was born in lahore to a humble pashtun imam masjid , he told this in one of his interviews long back in 90s on ptv that I still remember.

No abdul qader (cricketer) is actually pashtun (pashto speaking) , he was born in lahore to a humble pashtun imam masjid , he told this in one of his interviews long back in 90s on ptv that I still remember.

So both of them are from are from Bhopal? Because Abdul Qadir scientist is well known pathan origin.

Abdul Qader (leg spinner) is pure pashtun (pashto speaking) but he was born to a pashtun imam masjid in lahore , so he has grown up in lahore and has good command on both pashto and punjabi, I even once saw one of his interview where he even spoke some pashto a long time ago perhaps on some ptv program in 90s.
Thats interesting. Thanks for helping info. So he is a pashto speaker, not just pathan.
That cricketer ahmad shehzad from lahore, i also saw him speaking pashto in an interview

So both of them are from are from Bhopal? Because Abdul Qadir scientist is well known pathan origin.

No Dr. Abdul qadir is pathan (non pashto speaking) from bhopal. But Abdul qader (cricketer) is actually pashto speaking pashtun , I think he said his father came from Swat or Malakand (dont remember precisely) and permanently settled (with family) as imam masjid in lahore.

Last edited:
Thats interesting. Thanks for helping info. So he is a pashto speaker, not just pathan.
That cricketer ahmad shehzad from lahore, i also saw him speaking pashto in an interview

Ahmed Shahzad is Afridi pathan.

آداب حضور
جناب عالی عزت احترام دو طرفہ ٹریفک ہے یہ دونوں حضرات جس طرح اور جن پوسٹوں کے ساتھ انٹر ہوئے ہیں اس سے ان کی زہنی حالت اور جنرل نالج کھل کر سامنے آتی ہے ۔ آخر کوئی کب تک گالیاں سنتا رہے ؟ کبھی کبھی جواب دینا پڑتا ہے۔ مین نے انکو وہ جواب القابات نہین دیے جو اس سے پہلے ایسی بد تمیزی کرنے والے بنگالیوں ہندوستانیوں ایرانیوں کو دے چکا جو اب میرے منہ نہیں لگتے ۔ شاید میرے دل میں اب بھی سافٹ کارنر ہو ان کے لیے۔ میں ایک پولیٹیکل ملحد ہوں تمام پارٹیاں میری نظر مین ایک ہین اور پھر یہ جاھل انسان منہ اتھا کر سیدھا سیدھا مجھے عمران خان پی تی آئی والا بنا گیا اپنی پہلی پوست میں اور دوسرا آتےہی 6 کروڑ عوام کو غلام جاھل اور کیا کیا کہہ گیا اس کے بعد بنتا تو بہت کچھ تھا پر میں نے جو مناسب تھا لکھ دیا ۔ اگر آپکو پھر بھی تکلیف پہنچی تو معذرت ۔

Janab, I have not called you anything nor have I meant any disrespect, not do I condone disrespect dished out by someone else. The post had two parts one was addressed to you and was meant to provide a counter-point to your argument. As someone who visits Multan every now and then to visit his Sheikh Sahib, I have observed a few things. It is not merely lack of spending by government that mars South Punjab. It is more an attitude that puts government responsibility as primary factor. None of the cities in Upper Punjab have developed themselves with a view to government intervention. Many of my Pir-bhais have shifted from Lahore, etc.. to Multan. There is a very significant difference between them and local people. A friend who relocated to Multan with nothing but education and willingness to work hard has put up a factory on an acre of land and has bought a few more acres next to the site. Thing is that he did not need to be in Multan to accomplish what he did. He could have done the same in Lahore. That is just an example to illustrate differences that actually matter.

Look at Sialkot. It is patently ignored by government developmental plans when viewed in relation to its people's export earnings. Sialkotis constructed their own international airport a decade ago. Form where would you find people like that in South Punjab? That is why I think that people of South Punjab must take ownership of their destiny. Looking towards government is no solution. It is in fact worse than doing nothing.

I agree that Lahore gets too much development spending. This lopsidedness is deplorable in view of lack of development elsewhere in Punjab. Having said that, if truth be told, cities of Upper Punjab get no more than the share that they contribute to national GDP.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom