What's new

Punjab Gov to Sell Quid-e-Azam Solar Plant.

It's ridiculous to expect average generation more than 20 MW which for 100MW plant means breaking the 20% Capacity utilization factor which is till now only achieved in labs.
I think you are confusing units of generation and capacity of a panel under STC.

I think you are confusing units of generation and capacity of a panel under STC.
Capacity factor depends on the KWp along with the solar insulation and number of sunny days. My point was that even if we take the best possible parameters we cannot break the 20% CFU mark without increasing the cell efficiency.

Who was responsible for it's failure then? The poor people of Pakistan?

Wasn't any feasibility study carried out?

At that time solar panel prices were higher along with oil/gas. Looks like loss loss situation now.

No one? As I said at that time it looked good on paper.
Arey bhaiya itna bara plant pehly bhi Morroco ya ALgeria mein laga tha aur fail hoya tha is baat ko jan,ney kay bawajood is project ko political point scoring kay liye pursue kiya gaya

I have yet to see any document, barring one which is available on NEPRA website, mentioned in this news piece. Should take this on face value?

Please search for
QA Solar Upfront Tariff Determination and Generation License Application (available on NEPRA site)

From QA Solar website, one can check the periodic kWh output.

My point is, unless there are official documents available, what is the point in crying foul and wasting one's energy?

Moreover, the plant has a peak MW production of 100MW, Capacity factor is near 18-19%, which is fantastic!! If anyone has issues with it than i am sorry this is just the Solar PV power works.

At that time solar panel prices were higher along with oil/gas. Looks like loss loss situation now.
Loss? Failure?
It is a democratic project initiated by PMLN!! It do not matters it is being sold around 10 billion Rs cheaper than what it cost us, Nawaz Sharif will pay that from his own pocket or can ask his Qatri guys to send that money, no problem. The general public is being mislead by calling this a loss of public money, there is no such thing as public money in Pakistan. The only money public have is what they have in there pocket, rest is Nawaz's money and even then he will pay for this different of 10 billions in 2019 once he is made PM in 2018. YOU PEOPLE JUST WAIT AND SEE!!

I hate it when boot lickers and youthians try to derail a democratic thread and project, first they tried it with mighty nandipur and now they are after this solar park. Sharam ni ati,, Imran Khan na be to 3 shadian ke han na, kya hua age yeh project fail be ho gya tu ya agr sarkar na tora comission rak lea apna.

@django @Zibago @Hell hound @RealNapster @Mentee

Last edited:
Loss? Failure?
It is a democratic project initiated by PMLN!! It do not matters it is being sold around 10 billion Rs cheaper than what it cost us, Nawaz Sharif will pay that from his own pocket or can ask his Qatri guys to send that money, no problem. The general public is being mislead by calling this a loss of public money, there is no such thing as public money in Pakistan. The only money public have is what they have in there pocket, rest is Nawaz's money and even then he will pay for this different of 10 billions in 2019 once he is made PM in 2018. YOU PEOPLE JUST WAIT AND SEE!!

I hate it when boot lickers and youthians try to derail a democratic thread and project, first they tried it with mighty nandipur and now they are after this solar park. Sharam ni ati,, Imran Khan na be to 3 shadian ke han na, kya hua age yeh project fail be ho gya tu ya agr sarkar na tora comission rak lea apna.

jho insaan reham khan ko khush nai rakh saka who mulak kese chalaye gha.

jho insaan reham khan ko khush nai rakh saka who mulak kese chalaye gha.
EXACTLY!!!!!!

The people looting the public are way way better than that idiot who married for the third time. Awam ka paisay ka kya ha,, kha b lea tu wo kud he aur kma lain gy, simple.

Spend public money on project and make money out of it by inflating costs. Then sell that project at a huge loss to one of your own and make money from it for many years to come.

Long Live The Godfather!
You have summed up nicely what exactly has happened. Unfortunately our resident Patwaris fail to see it and they still worship Tind brothers.
Ps: they are missing from this thread.

Well that's a pity. Considering these areas get over 350 sunny days per year, one would imagine that the government would be able to make this project work.
I hope whichever company buys it does a better job of managing it and can actually utilize the project to its full potential.

Solar park always work at its full potential provided the pannels are placed in right direction. Efficiency is not going to change even if the owners are changed.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom