What's new

Punjab divided into smaller provinces.

There have been two Urduspeakers, Pervez Musharaf and Mirza Aslam Beg

Mirza Aslam Beg had the opportunity to declare martial law when President Zia died but he held elections instead. In fact, less than an hour after Zia ul-Haq was killed in a plane crash, Ghulam Ishaq Khan, the constitutional successor to Zia, met with the nation's military leadership at army headquarters and offered them the government. Without hesitation, the army chief of staff, Gen. Mirza Aslam Beg, refused.

Of the 4 Dictators who had imposed martial law and ruled this country, two (i.e. Ayub Khan and Yahya Khan) were ethnic Pashtuns, Musharraf was born to an Urdu-Speaking family and Zia was a Punjabi (from East Punjab).

Last edited:
Of the 4 Dictators who had imposed martial law and ruled this country, two (i.e. Ayub Khan and Yahya Khan) were ethnic Pashtuns, Musharraf was born to an Urdu-Speaking family and Zia was a Punjabi (from East Punjab).
Might not be recognized as Pashtuns because of their obscure origins (Ayub Khan being a hindko speaker and Yahya Khan being Punjab-born)

Might not be recognized as Pashtuns because of their obscure origins (Ayub Khan being a hindko speaker and Yahya Khan being Punjab-born)

While one source (i.e wiki) claims that Yahya Khan was born in Chakwal, Punjab (to Saadat Ali Khan who hailed from Peshawar), other more reliable sources tell us that Yahya himself was also born in Peshawar. However there is no disagreement on the fact that he was a Pashtun ethnically, as is confirmed by multiple sources.

As for Ayub Khan, he was an ethnic Pashtun of Tareen tribe from Hazara, KP

Mirza Aslam Beg had the opportunity to declare martial law when President Zia died but he held elections instead. In fact, less than an hour after Zia ul-Haq was killed in a plane crash, Ghulam Ishaq Khan, the constitutional successor to Zia, met with the nation's military leadership at army headquarters and offered them the government. Without hesitation, the army chief of staff, Gen. Mirza Aslam Beg, refused.

Ayub Khan and General Zia-ul-Haq were the best leaders of Pakistan.

While one source (i.e wiki) claims that Yahya Khan was born in Chakwal, Punjab (to Saadat Ali Khan who hailed from Peshawar), other more reliable sources tell us that Yahya himself was also born in Peshawar. However there is no disagreement on the fact that he was a Pashtun ethnically, as is confirmed by multiple sources.

Yahya khan was qizilbash shia origin who are not pashtun.

Last edited:
But punjab already is best governed province in Pakistan. This stupid argument sound funny coming from people of other provinces. It decide federal because people vote for federal parties and not their nasal prast mohala parties.

Punjab only have about half of seats as long as it keep voting for federal parties then obviously it will be playground. While smaller opposition parties in other provinces will try to make alliance with party who win big in punjab. That how it will always be unless other provinces too vote for federal parties and not on ethnic basis.

Punjab isn't going anywhere even if you divide it in 4 but we need whole new system for more provinces. Keep couple of things in mind. No punjab only division. And no city should be made as separate province for so called good governance when we know the ground realities.

Moeed Pirzada who is punjabi himself as I've seen him speak punjabi on talk shows, is just POTI fanboy. Who think dividing punjab is only way for PTI to ever win. You can't change whole system for one party who can't even make majority in province like KP.

I never said only Punjab should be divided into more units other provinces. why can't we have KP, FATA and Hazara / Kohistan as three units or any other agreed division. similar can be done with Balochistan. Sindh can be divided into more parts and if desired Karachi may be kept as federal union considering your sensitivities after all it had been a fedral area once it was capital. I can understand you concern regarding Karachi but what political effort your Federal parties like PPP, PML or PTI have made to counter MQM narrative, 0 x 0.
As far as you claim of Punjab being best governed, I think we should agree to disagree.
Come out of PTI syndrome, if they merit win then they will win in existing Punjab and if it is otherwise then they cannot win if some province is divided into 10 sub units. Election is contested in constituencies not in provinces.

That's why NFC award exist. :rofl: what a retarded moron you are :lol: It wouldn't matter much because punjab/sindh will gets its duo share.

Still butt-hurt from the other day? Its ok Nooray... I'll let this one pass because aj kal tum log ke ghar mein saf-e-maathum bichi hoi hai :lol:

Nasoor ka chusna chorde... he is gone.. history :rofl:

Punjab is the largest contributor to the National Economy of Pakistan and it alone contributes (almost) 60% to Pakistan's GDP, more than twice the contribution made by Sindh. Only 5% of the federal funds are distributed among provinces on the basis of revenue generation, 82% on basis of Population. So, in a way, Punjab gets less than what it contributes.

Agreed on the second part. We can follow the (post reunification) German model. Funds should be distributed on the basis of 'need' and for the next ten years or so all the development funds as well as all kinds of investments should be made in those districts/provinces only which are least developed. But for that we need a stronger federation, lesser provincial autonomy and preferably fewer provinces (rather than more).
We have same opinion here
Yes, the ruling elite doesn't want to empower them because it's not in their interest (but of common man). More provinces don't harm their interests as much as the devolution of power to grass root level does.
Division on administrative grounds will help common people and I tell you this 2% elite cannot produce 8 to 10 CMs and their cabinets. This power game is too a cruel game where brother cannot share power with brother and father can't share it with son and wait for sometime soon the third one will also show his true face.
No province has sacrificed more than Punjab but we get all the blame for the failure of other provincial governments in their respective provinces ... why ?
I don't contest your claim of sacrifices. As far as blame for the failure of other provinces is concerned, they are exposed, what was Raisani's performance once he got Rs 1100 billion during five years through NFC award alone and its useless to discuss performance of sindh government in both urban and rural areas. People of KP have been wise who had been kicking non performers in every election and am sure they will kick on PTIs haunches too, if not satisfied with their performance. You must have seen that the reduced blame game against Punjab as province. But with in Punjab there is perception that funds are diverted to Lahore directly or indirectly. This perception must be curbed irrespective of its correctness.

No province should have a majority...so its better to make all Districts into Provinces of Pakistan...

Still butt-hurt from the other day? Its ok Nooray... I'll let this one pass because aj kal tum log ke ghar mein saf-e-maathum bichi hoi hai :lol:

Nasoor ka chusna chorde... he is gone.. history :rofl:

Again nothing more then usual rona dona. Stop crying :lol:

I never said only Punjab should be divided into more units other provinces. why can't we have KP, FATA and Hazara / Kohistan as three units or any other agreed division. similar can be done with Balochistan. Sindh can be divided into more parts and if desired Karachi may be kept as federal union considering your sensitivities after all it had been a fedral area once it was capital. I can understand you concern regarding Karachi but what political effort your Federal parties like PPP, PML or PTI have made to counter MQM narrative, 0 x 0.

As far as you claim of Punjab being best governed, I think we should agree to disagree.
Come out of PTI syndrome, if they merit win then they will win in existing Punjab and if it is otherwise then they cannot win if some province is divided into 10 sub units. Election is contested in constituencies not in provinces.

Not Karachi/Sindh because haramkhor MQM and its minions on PDF and elsewhere have made it impossible. Other provinces can be divided equally. The point is people in other provinces are not that much in to separate province unlike MQM. And then same Karachi tola then make up lies on all of budget being spent on Lahore. They have even made big deal out of census as they all believed suddenly Karachi will have more then 50% of Sindh population. Imagine Sindh province dominated by bhattha khors and ethnic killers. Now at least PPP can control katmals with help of rangers.

For this reason I proposed allocation of Karachi seats based on ethnic population to break neck of anti-Pakistan forces in Karachi. But this isn't acceptable to haramkhors but here they give lecture on Pakistaniat. They are biggest danger to Pakistan integrity and will be on lap of RAW in no time as history shows.

Only port is under federal control. Rest of city no matter how much bigger it is under provincial control that how it should be. Tomorrow they will demand Hub to be made part of Karachi and then so on. This isn't how it should be.

Last edited:

Yahya Khan was not of Pashtun lineage , he was a Qizalbash and he was born in Chakwal, Punjab. His father Saadat Ali was from Peshawar but he was a Hindko speaker not Pashto.

Yahya Khan was not of Pashtun lineage , he was a Qizalbash and he was born in Chakwal, Punjab. His father Saadat Ali was from Peshawar but he was a Hindko speaker not Pashto.

He was born near Peshawar. As for your claim that his father was a Hindko and not a Pashtun, cite your source

His family had Qazalbash origins but they had been living in Peshawar/KP for the last two hundred years and you are not willing to accept them as pathans/pashtuns ??

Nawaz Sharif's grandfather was from Kashmir, he is considered a Punjabi, but Yahya Khan is not a Pashtun despite his ancestors living in KP for almost two hundred years !! Only a racist Afghani like you could have come up with such nonsense :drag:

He was born near Peshawar. As for your claim that his father was a Hindko and not a Pashtun, cite your source

His family had Qazalbash origins but they had been living in Peshawar/KP for the last two hundred years and you are not willing to accept them as pathans/pashtuns ??

Nawaz Sharif's grandfather was from Kashmir, he is considered a Punjabi, but Yahya Khan is not a Pashtun despite his ancestors living in KP for almost two hundred years !! Only a racist Afghani like you could have come up with such nonsense :drag:

Not near Peshawar, his father was from inner Peshawar city (he himself was born in Punjab). Qizalbashs of Peshawar live in old walled city of Peshawar and are part of Pishori (Hindko) community though many of them are said to have retained their ancestral Persian langauge. Qizalbashs of Kabul on the other hand are pure Farsiwans. Yahya Khan spoke Hindko was well as Farsi.

List of Punjabi COASs

1- Qamar Javed Bajwa
2- Raheel Shareef
3- Ashfaq Parwez Kiyani
4- Jehangir Karamat
5- Asif Nawaz
6- Zia Ul Haq
7- Tikka Khan
8- Yahya Khan (culturally and linguistically Punjabi)
9- Ayub Khan (culturally and linguistically Punjabi, Hindko being a dialect of Punjabi)

So 9 out of 16 COASs have been Punjabis

Last edited:
Not near Peshawar, but within Peshawar city. Qizalbashs of Peshawar live in old walled city of Peshawar and are part of Pishori (Hindko) community. Qizalbashs of Kabul on the other hand are Farsiwans. Yahya Khan's mother tongue was Hindko

List of Punjabi COASs

1- Qamar Javed Bajwa
2- Raheel Shareef
3- Ashfaq Parwez Kiyani
4- Jehangir Karamat
5- Asif Nawaz
6- Zia Ul Haq
7- Tikka Khan
8- Yahya Khan (culturally and linguistically Punjabi)
9- Ayub Khan (culturally and linguistically Punjabi, Hindko being a dialect of Punjabi)

So 9 out of 16 COASs have been Punjabis

So now Yahya Khan and Ayub Khan are Punjabis !!! :rofl::rofl:

Thori chars peea ker Afghani :lol:

Back
Top Bottom