What's new

Punitive Air Strikes on Enemy Airbases and Our Options.

This airbase can also be very problematic as it houses SU 30 air superiority fighters and Jaguars armed with CBUs. While Su 30s can initiate punitive action against Pakistani assets, Juguars can threat any armed column of PA. It would serve India very well if IA decides to launch a surprise attack and it would be an easy target for PA if it decides to launch a surprise attack.

@FOOLS_NIGHTMARE my dear Pak,

Keep up the good work... loving your PakGreenColour!

Start a thread in members section on GreaterPakistan... kindly, also tag me.

Thanks,

Mangus
Much appreciated for your kind comments. One day i will inshallah spill out the beans,just waiting for an appropriate time. The main issue for me at the moment is time,just happen to be free for a short while. Just give me some time to recollect,i will not disappoint you.

Last edited:
A noble warrior!!!

A very balanced assessment,for me the vantage point in the whole Kutch district is the Kala Dangur hill.Who so ever controls it controls the whole Peninsula. A battalion strength of SSW and Marines with ample supplies can hold it till the end of hostilities.
kala-dungar.jpg
Knight is a term for Christian's...yes we have had amazing christian pilots like Cecil Choudary and Pakistan is forever grateful for their sacrifices . But predominantly we are a muslim country so knight doesn't apply

It's more to do with the cost benefit ratio, holding down that vantage point Provides value in an offensive operation, not a defensive battle like the PA is geared towards.

In the day and age of accurate balistic missiles, infantry has reduced effectiveness in holding down terrain without artillery superiority. Otherwise they are just sitting ducks over a piece of land that holds strategic value easily solved by PAs own ballistic missiles. Unlikely probability.
Come on let's not fool ourselves by our Patriotic emotions ,sentiments and try to be impartial as a third party observer.
You indians always think PA is capable of defensive only not offensive. Even after what you saw in 1948,1965 and 1999. In all those wars we captured areas and hold them for a long time. Only withdrawn forceds because of international agreements,coward Pm Nawaz.It was definitely not because of Indian army. Both PA and IA are equal capable forces so both are capable of any kind of offensive against each other. The only difference is PA is battle hardened in recent years and IA lacks military professionalism and experience and the weapons procurement process and quality is poor. That's why on 26 and 27 February this year you faced one failure after another. Period.

Come on let's not fool ourselves by our Patriotic emotions ,sentiments and try to be impartial as a third party observer.
You indians always think PA is capable of defensive only not offensive. Even after what you saw in 1948,1965 and 1999. In all those wars we captured areas and hold them for a long time. Only withdrawn forceds because of international agreements,coward Pm Nawaz.It was definitely not because of Indian army. Both PA and IA are equal capable forces so both are capable of any kind of offensive against each other. The only difference is PA is battle hardened in recent years and IA lacks military professionalism and experience and the weapons procurement process and quality is poor. That's why on 26 and 27 February this year you faced one failure after another. Period.
I'll rephrase, it's not the offensive capability of PA that's in question, but the probability of such a scenario happening.

Invasion is a resource intensive operation, a defending force has more inherent advantage, specially the PA considering the advantage it fields in well connected supply lines and closer urban centres.

You contrast it with the Indian side of the border which have majority rural communities and a desert right in the middle of supply lines, easier to defend or use as strategic depth and harrass attackers.

You combine this with the rule of thumb ratio of aggressor vs defender of 3:1 and the offensive operations look even more remote.

Strategic incursions for strategic gains, yes

full scale invasion and holding hostile territory not conductive to supplylines, not viable.

Last edited:
PAF relentless raids on Bhuj Airbase in 1971 devastated the morale of the Indians living and working there. No man with able limbs wanted to come within 20 km radius of the Airbase(An opportunity lost to capture the airbase and region). Finally the station commander came up with an novice idea to lure the women of a poor village with good money to repair the destroyed base and runway.
Bhuj-Women-working-for-Indian-Air-Force-During-Indo-Pak-War-1971.jpg

6 Indian Army Regiments are equipped with Brahmos Ground Attack missile system... each regiment has 72 missiles ready to be fired and same number for reload or more that’s roughly 1000 for Indian Army alone... Most of Indian Navy surface fleet are also equipped with Brahmose and Indian Airforce also has ground attack launchers with them... I say India has around 1500+ Brahmose alone ... not sure how many Russian cruise missile they has directly bought ...

Still India was not able to fire one against Pakistan on 27.02.19 or afterwards, if Brahmos is as good as told in media then it should have been used instead of IAF Mirages.

Pak should hold the uninhabited area which can be more beneficial.. holding a populated area (Bhauj) is difficult unless you force civilians to leave to india or reassign in pak..however, it requires great deal of line of communication..
I think india ability to quickly deploy/divert its infantry is too good due to its mechanized vehicles number.. unless and until you stop it,Pak soldiers, holding Bhauj, cannot stop any indian advance..
P.S I haven't included any air/artillery element..

PAF relentless raids on Bhuj Airbase in 1971 devastated the morale of the Indians living and working there. No man with able limbs wanted to come within 20 km radius of the Airbase(An opportunity lost to capture the airbase and region). Finally the station commander came up with an novice idea to lure the women of a poor village with good money to repair the destroyed base and runway.
Bhuj-Women-working-for-Indian-Air-Force-During-Indo-Pak-War-1971.jpg
Abandoned points with only enemy combatants make for very attractive ballistic missile targets, the paradigm for defence and offence has undergone many changes since then, I doubt any military planner won't compensate for such new emerging scenarios.
Still India was not able to fire one against Pakistan on 27.02.19 or afterwards, if Brahmos is as good as told in media then it should have been used instead of IAF Mirages.
I think it's more to do with keeping things under a certain level of escalation, India uses airforce, the PA uses airforce.
Similarly any new parameters or operations one side utilizes is fair game for the other to do it too.

Ballistic missile usage would be going higher on the escalation ladder than what the leadership on both sides were comfortable with, specially if it's used anywhere other than the LOC.

Both sides are figuring how to fight under the nuclear umbrella.

Abandoned points with only enemy combatants make for very attractive ballistic missile targets, the paradigm for defence and offence has undergone many changes since then, I doubt any military planner won't compensate for such new emerging scenarios.

I think it's more to do with keeping things under a certain level of escalation, India uses airforce, the PA uses airforce.
Similarly any new parameters or operations one side utilizes is fair game for the other to do it too.

Ballistic missile usage would be going higher on the escalation ladder than what the leadership on both sides were comfortable with, specially if it's used anywhere other than the LOC.

Both sides are figuring how to fight under the nuclear umbrella.

Problem with any ballistic missile attack is now you donot know if it’s nuclear or conventional attack and response can be totally different ?

Is there a way to tell if incoming missile is nuclear vs conventional?

Any launch detected will be deemed as worst case scenario ??

Even cruise missile can be nuclear tipped??

Problem with any ballistic missile attack is now you donot know if it’s nuclear or conventional attack and response can be totally different ?

Is there a way to tell if incoming missile is nuclear vs conventional?

Any launch detected will be deemed as worst case scenario ??

Even cruise missile can be nuclear tipped??
yes sir you're on the spot

Back
Top Bottom