What's new

PTI to declare Education emergency in Pakistan on assuming power

@muse @Hyperion @notorious eagle What are your ideas on vocational training, ie TAVETA institites and technical colleges?

I fo believe that Australian TAFE system, even though not a perfect one can be a role model for a starter, maybe we can use some technical help from the Aussies?. @xdrive @vassanti @jhungary

Not a bad idea but TAFE is successful because they faced shortage of skill workers and still they have huge demand,
here we need to focus on secondary and high schools first. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Punjab government already implemented 4 out of 6 points and other schemes e.g laptop.:cool:

1.One Education system for all.

2. Re-engineered governance with decentralization to district level.
(Already Implemented in Punjab)

3. Education budget to be increased from 2% to 5% of GDP

4. Skill Training & Education for Adults

5. Use of ICT
PEF (Punjab Education Foundation) already working in Punjab with the use of ICT Welcome to Punjab Education Foundation (Already Implemented in Punjab)

6. Proper Teacher Training
CPBEP is already working in Punjab for Teachers Training Program
http://www.semiotics.pk/default.aspx?docid=5\
It has it's own TDMIS (Teacher Development Management Information System)

If PML-N wins they need to work on Education, Healthcare, Power crises, Taxation, Infrastructure Development they can attract big investments from China, Turkiye and Arabs, i am not sure about Imran Khan.:undecided:

on paper of government only, even Federal government is doing great actually...:D but reality is very poor, though somewhat improved because of private schooling.. rest is all the same and the biggest crime 10 million school going kids are not going to schools, total 25 million in pakistan...

@Aeronaut

Don't know much about the education in pakistan.

But do know something about TAFE.

TAFE is not just solely a skill and vocational college. It's an alternative to University and Higher Education. Whatever you can study in your local university will have the same course in TAFE, with a retracted degree (Usually Advance Diploma or Certificate IV)

Reason why Australian like TAFE is their flexability. You can work while you study, and they can also be a step closer to University if they needed to be. In some case it's even equivent to Year 1 and 2 in Australian University structure.

Of course beside course component, there are also skilled or apprenticeship component which is popular amoung aussie and oversea student. As this is the only trade school in town. There are other but TAFE is the foremost most organised Skill and Technical College in Australia.

If this suit Pakistan??

Those people who are so worried about Urdu should start translating some books from English to Urdu because the quality of books in Urdu is extremely poor, in case you haven't noticed. So its a choice between substandard books and English books. Not national language and foreign language.

So the only reason you want to study Urdu is because English is the language of the British who ruled us. What an enlightened mentality, sir.

The countries you talk about actually have quality books for high level education in their own languages.

And while we are on the topic, true, all 'big' countries don't have English medium but even Japanese who are considered conservative are teaching English to their children because they understand its importance and are not so enlightened to think that because Americans dropped nukes on us we should stop studying their language.

sir you are talking about books etc etc, did you do a levels, because the books you study come directly from the oxford press and other foreign publishers, where as if you had done FSC like me, then you would know that the quality of books in FSC for english medium is very poor, in A levels, you guys dont even use books from pakistani publishers, but books from foreign publisher because the quality of pakistani published books is very poor where as in countries even in india they use books from their own publishers, they maybe in english but they still use their medical books which we also use from indian publishers, they are very common on both sides of the border

in all developed countries they use their own publishers and not british books or american books to get education, in all developed countries it happens that way

and the prime reason why we get education in english is because of british colonialism, there is no other reason, not the america, and not that english is an international language

about the topic we should learn english, english should be taught, but all subjects like science, maths, biology etc should be taught in urdu, and there should be english language as a subject which should be compulsory, it should be optional, so if guys like you are interested to learn english they can choose at their will, but those who dont, they have option to deline to learn that language

as pakistanis its should be our priority to learn urdu in all aspects of life, and not english which is a colonial language..

@Jhungari I did my Uni foundation from TAFE, and in the context of Pakistan it may not be about University pathway but about skills development. Pakistan can learn from such a system for producing highly qualified technical workforce through Cert III/IV, Diploma/Adv diploma structure.

We do have, a tech qualification called B.tech which offers a uni pathway for an engineering or tech degree in Pakistan. It can be improved by borrowing TAFE structure, introducing short technical courses designed for our illiterate % of population. Substituting education with skills?

Pakistan needs at least 500-600 Universities, as at the moment 70% of our population is youth and getting into a good uni in Pakistan isn't a joke.

Yara, no idea about Aussie TAFE. Will read today about it and get back to you.

@muse @Hyperion @notorious eagle What are your ideas on vocational training, ie TAVETA institites and technical colleges?

I fo believe that Australian TAFE system, even though not a perfect one can be a role model for a starter, maybe we can use some technical help from the Aussies?. @xdrive @vassanti @jhungary

They should:

> Teach children the truth in history books.
> Stop anti India tirades that spawn whole generations hating neighbors especially India.

They teach the truth at all levels. The only problem is, they teach edited truth and slip over the points of history which might go against Pakistan at lower levels of education or somehow justify Pakistan's actions at higher levels. But that is what every other country would do. You certainly don't think that you were taught the complete and utter truth without editing and justifications in India, do you?

All Pakistanis seem to agree that "O" and "A" offer quality education - Why does the PTI not adopt this standard for all of Pakistan? Consider, right now, it is only a relative handful who get this opportunity, why not build Pakistan's future by spreading this standard and opportunity to all students. Such an initiative holds the potential to return Pakistan to the path of sanity and position and propel the Pakistani worker and economy to a world stage.

I'm not familiar with the Australian technical education system, however, students should have access to a path that does not necessarily lead to college and is intensely focused on a technical education that seeks to produce highly competent students

All Pakistanis seem to agree that "O" and "A" offer quality education - Why does the PTI not adopt this standard for all of Pakistan? Consider, right now, it is only a relative handful who get this opportunity, why not build Pakistan's future by spreading this standard and opportunity to all students. Such an initiative holds the potential to return Pakistan to the path of sanity and position and propel the Pakistani worker and economy to a world stage.

I'm not familiar with the Australian technical education system, however, students should have access to a path that does not necessarily lead to college and is intensely focused on a technical education that seeks to produce highly competent students

Myth of Independence !!!

the idea is to get rid of colonial mentality, not to look up to oxford, built our own here for the world to see !!

I know its a big dream, but it has to start from somewhere, and it must start today... its a difficult path, but only way to take Pakistan as truly independent and sovereign state !!

Myth of Independence !!!

the idea is to get rid of colonial mentality, not to look up to oxford, built our own here for the world to see !!

I know its a big dream, but it has to start from somewhere, and it must start today... its a difficult path, but only way to take Pakistan as truly independent and sovereign state !!

As long as you think of it as a 67 year old anti-colonial excuse, then we can get to where you want to get to -- wnt to build your own? great, but why reinvent the wheel? Isn't that what the Jamaati sold us with reinventing society, and look at what we got ?

No, sir, there is no need to reinvent the wheel, it does not not matter where the idea or solution comes from , all that matter is that it works

As long as you think of it as a 67 year old anti-colonial excuse, then we can get to where you want to get to -- wnt to build your own? great, but why reinvent the wheel? Isn't that what the Jamaati sold us with reinventing society, and look at what we got ?

No, sir, there is no need to reinvent the wheel, it does not not matter where the idea or solution comes from , all that matter is that it works

Its not about reinventing the wheel, its about doing R&D on your own wheel, then to copy the design.

Im not saying we cannot learn from their model.

but surely we dont need to look up to anyone to guide us, man we got our own home, our own rule !

Its not about reinventing the wheel, its about doing R&D on your own wheel, then to copy the design.

Im not saying we cannot learn from their model.

but surely we dont need to look up to anyone to guide us, man we got our own home, our own rule !

It does not mean we should go about the world with a chip on our shoulder - We can learn much with a more open attitude, after all, as Dung Xio Ping had nce said, "what does it matter if the cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice" - hain ji? Sure, we are not an ignorant and arrogant bunch, we are open to the world, after all we are no Jamaatis, right?

But of course best of luck in this course, it is a treacherous course, as any in Pakistani politics.

It does not mean we should go about the world with a chip on our shoulder - We can learn much with a more open attitude, after all, as Dung Xio Ping had nce said, "what does it matter if the cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice" - hain ji? Sure, we are not an ignorant and arrogant bunch, we are open to the world, after all we are no Jamaatis, right?

But of course best of luck in this course, it is a treacherous course, as any in Pakistani politics.

like I said before I am not saying that we cannot learn from others, but import their system as ours, that is something I dont cherish, nor any independent thinking Pakistani would. -- "my country my rule, my system"

I may see British Educational system as ideal/benchmark but it doesnot mean that I should copy, I must seek compatibility with our environment,ofcourse that doesnot mean "modern values" should be compromised just for the sake of appeasing the local mentality...

must develop our own educational system that produce people that are capable to live in the modern world, seeing the world as Pakistanis !!

. -- "my country my rule, my system"

I strongly regret this phrasing - It suggests a majoritarian instinct, I hope we would restrain this instinct -- You seem to be disregarding inherent merits of any system, so long as it is yours - this will only serve to scare people - Whatever the system, it's merits must be, has it proven to deliver? Is it good?, that s to say, does it produce "educated" persons that can compete on a global stage?

I wish the PTI much success in this endeavor

I strongly regret this phrasing - It suggests a majoritarian instinct, I hope we would restrain this instinct -- You seem to be disregarding inherent merits of any system, so long as it is yours - this will only serve to scare people - Whatever the system, it's merits must be, has it proven to deliver? Is it good?, that s to say, does it produce "educated" persons that can compete on a global stage?

I wish the PTI much success in this endeavor

ofcourse there is no majoritarian aspect in it, you may want to label me as something, but all I am saying, and thats quite clear that we should go Pakistani above all differences, this should be the objective of our own system..

The current system ofcourse hasnt delivered the kind of product it should have, majority think they are muslim first than Pakistani, this is what kind of citizen our educational system has produced..

Im not sure about the philosophy of PTI behind its educational policy.. but my idea is simply, produce Pakistani.

I hope I made it clear this time.

Back
Top Bottom