What's new

PTI leader distributes burqas at Government Girls School in Mardan

PTI leader distributes burqas at Government Girls School in Mardan
Pakistan
Web Desk
October 05,2019

MARDAN: Body-shrouding 'shuttlecock' buqras were distributed among the girls of Government Middle School Cheena in the Rustam District of Mardan on Thursday, according to reports.

The garments were bought from a hundred-thousand rupee fund provided byformer district councillor Muzaffar Shah. Around sixty-nine burqas were distributed among the students.

Shah, who is the local Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf leader, said that he had provided the funds for the distribution of the garments without demanding anything in return, according to The News.

Also read:KP chief minister retracts notification declaring burka mandatory for schoolgirls

"(The burqas) will cater to the uniform and other needs of the students in the Union Council of Palo Dheri," Shah said, adding that they were a part of the culture of the area.

Last month,Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Mahmood Khan had retracted a notification declaring that covering up was mandatory for schoolgirls to avoid potential harassment incidents.

Khan, the KP CM, asked the education ministry to rescind the notification, saying that the education officer issued the order without taking prior permission from the provincial government.

https://www.geo.tv/latest/250049-burqas-distributed-at-govt-school-in-mardan

View attachment 582497

Police detain barbers in Charsadda for 'violating ban' against styling of beards
SirajuddinUpdated October 03, 2019
Facebook Count1004
Twitter Share
5d9623bb123c1.jpg

Police detaining barbers at the Shabqadar police station. — Videograb
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa police in Shabqadar tehsil of Charsadda detained at least four barbers for styling customers' beards despite an unofficial 'ban' imposed by a local traders' union which had termed such beards "un-Islamic", it emerged on Thursday.

The incident came to the fore in a video widely circulated on social media this week.

In the video, a man named Sameen, who is the president of the shopkeepers union, can be seen guiding police in the arrest of the hairdressers. He asks the hairdressers why they were shaping beards in a "stylish" manner, when there is a "ban" in place on the same.

According to Sameen, some days back the union had "banned the designing of beards" and had informed all hairdressers of the same. “Despite our decision, some shop owners were trimming the beards in stylish designs,” the union leader said in the video.

ARTICLE CONTINUES AFTER AD
He goes on to say that on the union's complaint, police had arrested four employees from different barbershops. "Police have imposed a fine of Rs5,000 on them each and warned them not to shape beards in that fashion," he claimed.

Shabqadar police station confirmed the detentions, which took place on September 30. An official on duty at the station told DawnNewsTV, on condition of anonymity, that the police had received a complaint from an office-bearer of a traders' union.

"They complained that despite a ban on giving a stylish shape to beards, some hairdressers were still doing so," said the police officer, adding that the men were released after a few hours in detention.

"We did not register an FIR (first information report) or fine them and released them on the request of the union," he said, explaining that the detained men had provided assurances that they would not style beards in that manner any more.

However, Charsadda District Police Officer denied any police action against hairdressers for styling beards in various designs. He told DawnNewsTV that a police party had conducted a raid and arrested hairdressers "to resolve a petty dispute between two hairdressers".

“Two workers had attacked each other and the police had arrested four men,” he said.

The hairdressers who were detained could not be reached for comment.

Separately, a hairdresser named Asif recalled that a similar decision to "ban" the styling of beards was taken in a meeting of the All Pakistan Hairdressers Union held in Charsadda a few months back.

He said that the decision had received appreciation from the people of the tehsil and religious elders. The hairdresser said he also appreciated the police action.

'Against Islam'
A couple of months ago, a union of hairdressers in Peshawar had also decided to ban the shaping of customers' beards in stylish designs, terming it "against Islam".

The decision had been taken in a meeting of the Frontier Professional Hairdressers Association, which claims to be the only registered and representative body of local barbers. The meeting was held in Peshawar and was attended by office-bearers from across the province, according to the president of the association, Muhammad Sharif.

He had told DawnNewsTV at the time that the participants had agreed on not designing beards in different styles including "French and other cuts", claiming that after the decision, a majority of barbers in Peshawar had stopped styling their customers’ beards.

The association had also distributed pamphlets in Peshawar and other districts, asking the barbers to stop styling beards. In Peshawar’s Sikandarpura, Circular Road, Hashtnagri and other areas, barbers have displayed the pamphlet at the main entrance of their shops saying that they are in agreement with the decision.

“We have taken the decision independently and without any pressure,” Muhammad Sharif had said, arguing that designing beards is against Islamic laws and sunnah.

“If anyone does not stop and continues the designing of customers’ beards then the association will take action against the violators,” he had declared, adding that the association would also contact the provincial government and district administration to enforce the decision.

Shabir, a barber on Circular Road, had displayed the pamphlet on the main door of his shop announcing that he has stopped designing beards after the association’s decision. “We were styling beards as per our customers' demands,” he said, adding that he refuses to do so now.

“Yes, the decision will affect the business as nowadays a large number of youngsters come just for the styling of their beards," he acknowledged.

However, a barber at Gulbahar disagreed with the association's decision. “Our association office-holders need to take the whole community on board before making such decisions,” he said, announcing that he will not act on the pamphlet.

“It’s up to our customers; whether they ask for a clean shave, trimming, French or other cuts, we will fulfil the demand.”

https://www.dawn.com/news/1508775/p...a-for-violating-ban-against-styling-of-beards

And Now This...

View attachment 582498

Government is passing these notifications in public sector libraries in Rawalpindi. This one is from the Municipal Library near Liaqat Bagh where library administration not only banned combined studies of males and females but also has banned males and females from sitting at the same study table.

+ - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - + - +

This country, which rejected an amendment bill presented by a Christian assembly member to allow a Non Muslim take oath of a Prime Minister or President, is going to teach a lesson to other countries about Islamophobia and Minorities.

Mr Khan, western countries have Muslim leaders who have reached positions of influence. The rising Islamophobia (pertinent to mention, it started from the people, not the Government) there is not a result of a systematic, Government motivated effort, but due to our own incompetency to deal with genuine questions, and inaction against cultural issues.

It is quite simple, education is the key here.

Tribal areas need Islamic scholars of a higher level to educate the masses on the obligations of Islam.

Hijab is obligatory, but not Burqa/Niqab. It is however praise-worthy.

Furthermore, we have to accept the culture of former FATA, there should be space and allowance for such forms of dress.

These ultra-liberals from our cities have no understanding of this lifestyle. Better we stick to topics which we can talk about.

Pakistan has space for hijab-less, hijab, burqa, niqab, chador, and all dress besides some obscene foreign ones.

It is quite simple, education is the key here.

Tribal areas need Islamic scholars of a higher level to educate the masses on the obligations of Islam.

Hijab is obligatory, but not Burqa/Niqab. It is however praise-worthy.

Furthermore, we have to accept the culture of former FATA, there should be space and allowance for such forms of dress.

These ultra-liberals from our cities have no understanding of this lifestyle. Better we stick to topics which we can talk about.

Pakistan has space for hijab-less, hijab, burqa, niqab, chador, and all dress besides some obscene foreign ones.

Sir, I feel like people here don't know anything about Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Mardān is a city in the Mardan District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province, Pakistan. Located in the Valley of Peshawar, Mardan is the second-largest city of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, after the nearby city of Peshawar.

A fellow Pashtun in this thread already cleared it, they don't wear burkhas like these in KPK, but shawls. Mardan is not in FATA.

well Local people like wearing those Burqa so be it, but try pushing that in Karachi and Islamabad :lol:

Sir, I feel like people here don't know anything about Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Tribal areas will push burqa more forcefully, as it is in their culture.

That was my point, which you totally missed.

Some parts of KP and Quetta are pretty conservative too.

Okay after going through the main post and the thread, i have some points to put forward:

1) Where is it mentioned that any provincial minister is involved? Seen so many posts saying government doing this and that.?

2) The burqa case is of some "former" district Councillor who happens to be from PTI. Who knows maybe the guy is parachuter from other parties even. The news items seem to be Dawn or News from looks of it. No offense but alot of what they post have to be taken with grain of salt. From fake news to anti Govt (particularly anti PTI) rant, they have a proven track record unfortunately.

3) 3rd news item firstly has no reference/link ?, it refers to Rawalpindi.

I will not delve into whole debate about what is permitted or not in religion.
However we can't equivocate Islamophobia in west and justify it through saying these things happen here. What is wrong is wrong, wherever it may be happening.
Another point, Pakistan is Islamic republic. As far i i know, and we all know, it isn't a secular country. Then how this issue of not having a Non-Muslim as Head of state or Govt. coming under discussion or being an issue here. But if its an issue, then we are going in a totally different debate which is anyways irrelevent to the main discussion in hand going on here.

1) PTI Minister, are you suggesting that PTI Ministers don't represent this political party?

2) Your best argument is fake news? Sir, why be selective then. Ban all news coming from Dawn. It's not a columnist's write up, it's a fact which was broadcasted by many TV news channels: 24, abb tak, dawn, geo, ary. Check youtube.

3) Yes, 3rd news is a post from my friend. I had to get it here.

Reason I am calling out our stance on Islamophobia is because we ourselves are an Islamic Republic who don't give all our minorities full rights, not because of these things happening here although things like these and their silent propagation to other countries is exactly the cause of Islamophobia.

Tribal areas will push burqa more forcefully, as it is in their culture.

That was my point, which you totally missed.

Some parts of KP and Quetta are pretty conservative too.

Mardan is not a Tribal area! For the last time! It's a metropolitan city like Peshawar.

Just to remind our liberal, moderate, confused, Adha teetar Adha batair generation, wearing burka in cities like Lahore was a norm just few decades ago ---- I want to ask all those genius who saying that this is talbanization or Zia's culture, there was no zia or Taliban 5-8 decades ago.

See you people must be brave enough to say that you don't want to follow Islam instead of trying to trying to justify everything from Islam -- even the mirasis and gawaiyes say that their profession is allowed by Islam.

I have barely seen any file photos of that time which show women wearing Burqa.

The main reason is culture,in many western nations burqa is banned and women are not given freedom to wear burqa according to their desire so these western nations also impose desired dresses on public .clothing of person effects people around him so it is not limited to individual private matter when people go to visit public places as sentiments of people are effected by it

Wrong. Only in France, the FACE VEIL is banned country-wide.

Wrong. Only in France, the FACE VEIL is banned country-wide.
Why you need file photos when there still people alive from that era.

Even today if you visit old Lahore (walled city), you will see most women properly covered up with burqa (with or without veil) or chaddars.

This fashion of not covering up is from the last three decades (at it's peak now).

Last edited:
Why you need file photos when there still people alive from that era.

Even today if you visit old Lahore (walled city), you will see most women properly covered up with burqa (with or without veil) or chaddars.

This fashion of not covering up is from the last three decades (at it's peak now).

Yes, because people usually live for over 10 decades na?

Seems you yourself haven't read the article. It is riddled with the word "face veil."

In Belgium, and other European countries, the face veil ban is not country-wide but in few cities and districts which are more sensitive about their culture.

Yes, because people usually live for over 10 decades na?

Seems you yourself haven't read the article. It is riddled with the word "face veil."

In Belgium, and other European countries, the face veil ban is not country-wide but in few cities and districts which are more sensitive about their culture.
Usually you would find people still alive in 80's 90's age bracket, instead of searching for file photos, search these people--- sit down with them humbly, you will hear lots of things from them.

Usually you would find people still alive in 80's 90's age bracket, instead of searching for file photos, search these people--- sit down with them humbly, you will hear lots of things from them.

Seems that's the best you could come up, feel free to pay for my ticket to Lahore.

Seems that's the best you could come up, feel free to pay for my ticket to Lahore.
I have better idea, borrow that time machine from the producer of back to the future film, go see it yourself ........ :enjoy:

imposing religion would not produce true followers . Government should mind its business

Shuttlecock burqa ( or any other version of burqa ) is not Islam. What is being imposed is a perverted, Talibani misinterpretation of Islam.

Government should provide best laboratories instead of burka .

Agreed.

When people like Elon Musk are working towards Mars colonies it is unfortunate that some so-called Muslims are busy in prescribing how thick is a burqa or check if a man's pyjama end above the ankle. Ridiculous !!

Just to remind our liberal, moderate, confused, Adha teetar Adha batair generation, wearing burka in cities like Lahore was a norm just few decades ago ---- I want to ask all those genius who saying that this is talbanization or Zia's culture, there was no zia or Taliban 5-8 decades ago.

See you people must be brave enough to say that you don't want to follow Islam instead of trying to trying to justify everything from Islam -- even the mirasis and gawaiyes say that their profession is allowed by Islam.

Since you are against “libertards” this is from a villiage in Lahore from 1930s.

Sar par sirf dupatta hai. Yeh niqab aur burqa nazar naheen araha.

Because there is none. :partay:

Last edited:
Shuttlecock burqa ( or any other version of burqa ) is not Islam. What is being imposed is a perverted, Talibani misinterpretation of Islam.

Agreed.

When people like Elon Musk are working towards Mars colonies it is unfortunate that some so-called Muslims are busy in prescribing how thick is a burqa or check if a man's pyjama end above the ankle. Ridiculous !!
spot in sir. yesterday i was watching elon musk presentation of new rocket and i was frustrated to see that why muslims are not contributing in these projects then i got answer after seeing this news . We have to growup . its enough let the people decide instead of imposing something on them . Govt should provide education centres .

Since you are against “libertards” this is from a villiage in Lahore from 1930s.

Sar par sirf dupatta hai. Yeh niqab aur burqa nazar naheen araha.

Because there is none. :partay:

when people cant answer then they start personal attacks and it will help you to understand their mentality .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom