What's new

PTI | Imran Khan's Political Desk.

If IK joins up with Jamaat-e-Islami I will be this:

:cry:

http://zeenews.**********/entertainment/bookworm/kolkata-book-fair-organisers-apologise-to-imran-khan_2176.htm

Kolkata Book Fair organisers apologise to Imran Khan

Kolkata: Kolkata Book Fair authorities Tuesday said they had apologised to former Pakistani cricketer and politician Imran Khan for switching off power supply during a talk by him a day earlier as the event had crossed the scheduled time.

"We are ashamed for yesterday`s incident. What happened was shameful. We had also apologised to Imran Khan. He had said that it was a small incident and was not at all an issue for him," general secretary of the Publishers` and Booksellers` Guild Tridib Chattopadhaya said.

However, he evaded numerous queries on whether the blackout was intentional or an electricity failure.

"I don`t want any controversy on what I said yesterday and what I am saying today. You can interpret anything... I will not say anything on the issue," said Chattopadhaya.

He had Monday said power supply was "intentionally" switched off to stop the programme as it was continuing beyond the scheduled time.

The blackout lasted for some four-five minutes during the discussion programme `Captaining a nation` where Imran Khan was the main speaker.

---------- Post added at 09:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Sachin should be himself, that's it: Imran Khan

Calcutta: Fans weren’t the only ones who didn't want to let Imran Khan go, on Tuesday morning, after an event-packed 24 hours in the city.

Indeed, the mosquitoes in the Reserved Lounge of the disgraceful international terminal were as keen to have a piece of Pakistan’s 1992 World Cup-winning captain and, possibly, a future Prime Minister.

“It's all right, let it be,” Imran said rather quietly, when a Customs officer asked a subordinate to call somebody from the Airports Authority of India, which is responsible for the Lounge’s upkeep.

However, Imran did comment that “investments” should be made to upgrade the facility. When somebody pointed out that a new terminal was being built, not far from where he was sitting, Imran almost took back his words.

Imran spent around 45 minutes in the Lounge, but he barely had 45 seconds to himself. Security personnel of different ranks, men from Customs, airline staffers... Everybody turned up for a photograph.

They were polite, but even more polite was Imran himself: “Okay, please come,” he kept saying. Most of his admirers parked themselves on the sofa where he was waiting for the Emirates flight to be ready for departure. Imran didn’t mind.

Fortunately, the power didn’t go off, or else it would’ve been a repeat of what happened at the Book Fair on Monday evening.

Imran didn’t talk of that experience, but he did ask us: “How many hours of power cuts do you have in a day? In Islamabad, it’s between six-eight hours... Our power situation is awfully bad.”

When told that the Calcuttans didn’t have to suffer like those in Pakistan’s capital city, Imran was impressed. “Really? That’s very good.”

If Imran’s Tehreek-e-Insaf does get to rule Pakistan, then tackling the power crisis will be an absolute priority.

There was just about time to bring up a couple of cricketing issues. His advice to Sachin Tendulkar, who is finding it hard to get his 100th International hundred and (b) his take on Steve Waugh’s suggestion that players voluntarily undertake lie-detector tests.

“Sachin’s becoming conscious of that (elusive) hundred... The impression I get is that he’s becoming ‘tight’ after a certain stage in his innings... He should be himself, that’s it,” Imran responded.

As for Steve’s suggestion, Imran stated: “I’m not clear about how accurate such tests are... Seems fine in principle, but I don’t know enough... Disclosing assets under oath would be a better way of ensuring that the game remains clean.”

The rush of the photograph-seekers ruled out a third question. In any case, it was time by then to start moving towards the departure area.

In keeping with the previous 24 hours, Imran was mobbed there by co-passengers. Significantly, he’d declined to jump the queue at the security check. On landing in Dubai, Imran was to take a connecting flight for Islamabad, getting there well before Wednesday’s ruling by the Supreme Court.

- The Telegraph
Sachin should be himself, that's it: Imran Khan

Imran cites threats to life

DUBAI, (SANA): Chairman Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf (PTI) Imran Khan said he is facing life threats but he will not deter his struggle to curb corruption.

In an interview with a foreign newspaper, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan claimed that his life is in danger but said he is not afraid as he wants to die like a lion.

“I am facing life threats but it will not deter me from leading my ‘tsunami to uproot corruption and the corrupt from the country for I have strong belief in Allah and the people of Pakistan,” Khan told Gulf News at a reception in Dubai.

Khan, who is making headlines for his historic public rallies in Lahore and Karachi, believes that he can eradicate corruption within 90 days and make Pakistan self-reliant without any foreign aid but critics say it is the thinking of an immature politician.

However, Khan has his reasoning. “Fifty per cent of corruption will end when you have an honest prime minister [like Imran Khan] and the 25 per cent of corruption will go with honest ministers in the cabinet and the rest of the 25 per cent will [be eliminated through] good governance, reforms and policies with a good team to implement them,” he said.

Khan, who is chief of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), has promised people that he will introduce the best reforms across all walks of life with the best team to implement them should his party win the next elections.

“People want change and we have the match-winning team to win and create a new Pakistan devoid of corruption through the silent revolution in Pakistan,” the cricketer-turned-politician said.

Imran cites threats to life | National | South Asian News Agency

30 yrs ago @ImranKhanPTI was a fan at my 1982 Delhi lecture and 100% secular. Now my work "humiliates" his "faith." Which is the real Imran?, tweets Salman Rushdie.

His secularism has gone along with the days of colourful jawani.

Imran khan:"I will quit politics if proved isi funded pti

[video]http://tribune.com.pk/story/330930/i-will-quit-politics-if-proved-isi-funded-pti-imran/[/video]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom