What's new

PTI Economic policy 24 August with Asad Umar

^^ Come on yar, the generic terms of issues maybe identified the same... but this is done by Asad Umar.. one would be too naive to believe the cynics and disinformation spread by opponents, doing for the sake of opposition only...

Let us focus on the real issues... I can assure you 90% of the Jamati, Nooners or pipliyay cannot even understand the document presented here, not because its spoken or written in professional manner but because they are incapable of comprehending the issues Pakistan is facing... when I say Pakistan I mean Pakistan, as to my understanding these people only look upto family interests and interests of their community or baradri...

There will be many who dont agree with this report because they do not have anything else to say to be honest. We are a nation that can survive without any foreign help, just need to will behind actually doing some hard work, not take shortcuts.

The following is a good analysis about some misconceptions

Can Pakistan survive without US aid? | DAWN.COM

But I stand with my previous comment about Pakistanis sleep walking into a disaster.

I think the PTI spokeman there was not giving the full picture to the people of Pakistan and should just say it as it is..........

When in 2013/2014 Pakistan will have to return the money of IMF roughly about 7-9 billion dollars. The GoP recently paid back 1.2 billion and that too from the US and from Pakistan's reserves taking it down to 15 billion dollars. No dount, any further payment unless reforms kick in will have to come form the reserves also.

With the US leaving Afghanistan in 2014 and like the last time they left the region, Pakistan was hit with Sanctions, no doubt whatsoever that the words of Mike Mullen of terrorists being an extended arm of Pakistan will play havoc and a vital role in having very harsh sanctions on Pakistan in the near future, Pakistanis will be more like Zimbabwe, but unlike Zimbabwe, we have a debt of nearly 60 billion dollars to the World Bank.

When the people of Zimbabwe went to sleep, they woke up, as will the Pakistanis with the price of flour/atta being 500,00 rupees a kilo, as the value of the rupee will be worthless........ by that time, it will be way toooooooo late.......... Zardari would have left to his 140 million pound apartment in Hyde Park, most politicians will have left and the people of Pakistan, who sleepwalked into this catastrophe will be left as nothing more then skeletons rotting in the streets.............

This below should be more then a warning

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/files/images/080516_zimbabwe_81026519.jpg

http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/12/ZimbabweBread_450x300.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h194/GOODSTUFF1852/zimbabwe_hand.jpg

http://image.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2008/07/23/zi1.jpg

Copying valid and good point from someone's policy is not a bad attitude... but how serious the leadership is to implement it. PTI's policy is unique in it's case, because, they invited people from every walk of life, from local to Intl. delegates, in an open live stream conference, and then faced that critical Q&A session... I don't know if anyone has ever done that?

Anyway, it's a well intentioned policy to bring Pakistan out of it's miseries, which is open for public debates and valid criticism and also a step in the political arena of Pakistan that every other party must do such open debates so the people could at least know what they are upto... if you or anyone else here have any constructive criticism over any point in the policy, you're more than welcomed to provide your inputs... the more criticism PTI receives, the more good the policy and it's implementation would be.

Listening this implementation thing from every other Pti fan. If problem is implementation and not the policy then why waste so much money of Pti to do this Seminar??? Why not tell us more about how will they implement it???

Listening this implementation thing from every other Pti fan. If problem is implementation and not the policy then why waste so much money of Pti to do this Seminar??? Why not tell us more about how will they implement it???

Who said that policy is not important but implementation? Listen, when I said leadership, I really mean 'leadership'... and only time will tell if PTI is successful in implementing it's policy, I know it's difficult and complex but doable, and I've a firm believe PTI will not let go any stone unturned in trying to implement this policy.

Will you go in support of those who had their policies presented, then they got into power, BUT were miserably failed to implement it, or will you go in support of those who presented one of the best economic policy, and who has a capable enough team to implement it too, BUT has never been in power to get a chance of implementation? Will you try the already tested and failed one, or will you give a chance to some fresh blood to prove their muscles?

^^ Come on yar, the generic terms of issues maybe identified the same... but this is done by Asad Umar.. one would be too naive to believe the cynics and disinformation spread by opponents, doing for the sake of opposition only...

Let us focus on the real issues... I can assure you 90% of the Jamati, Nooners or pipliyay cannot even understand the document presented here, not because its spoken or written in professional manner but because they are incapable of comprehending the issues Pakistan is facing... when I say Pakistan I mean Pakistan, as to my understanding these people only look upto family interests and interests of their community or baradri...

*speechless

Who said that policy is not important but implementation? Listen, when I said leadership, I really mean 'leadership'... and only time will tell if PTI is successful in implementing it's policy, I know it's difficult and complex but doable, and I've a firm believe PTI will not let go any stone unturned in trying to implement this policy.

Will you go in support of those who had their policies presented, then they got into power, BUT were miserably failed to implement it, or will you go in support of those who presented one of the best economic policy, and who has a capable enough team to implement it too, BUT has never been in power to get a chance of implementation? Will you try the already tested and failed one, or will you give a chance to some fresh blood to prove their muscles?

Fresh Blood :lol:

PTI’s economic policy
By Editorial
Published: August 26, 2012
One of the most trenchant criticisms of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has been its reliance on feel-good sloganeering over the nitty-gritty of policy details. The announcement of the party’s economic plan was meant to change all that although if the early details are anything to go by, this is not going to happen. One of the fundamental mistakes the PTI makes is to treat corruption as a personal rather than structural issue. It simply thinks that getting rid of the current crop of politicians and replacing those with themselves will lead to an automatic halt in corruption, a view that is at stark odds with the reality of Pakistan. Thus, when the party claims that it will recover two trillion rupees by bringing an end to corruption, that figure can safely be ignored as the product of the PTI’s imagination.

Much of the PTI’s economic blueprint is aspirational rather than realistic. It is to say that the cost of producing electricity will be reduced, even though not a single politician in Pakistan has any control over the international price of oil. The same goes for the promise to bring an end to the circular debt issue although the PTI is unable to explain where the money will come from in order for this to happen. The party has also focused on the symbolic rather than the practical. It is politically popular to say that the state will save money by slashing the budgets of the president, prime minister, chief minister and governors’ houses by 50 per cent but these savings will barely make a dent in our deficit. The PTI also wants Pakistan to make do without foreign loans although how this will not lead to instant bankruptcy is again left unexplained.

Many of the proposals also betray an inexcusable ignorance about politics and economics. It is well and good to say that the education and health budgets will be substantially increased but these are subjects that were devolved to the provinces under the Eighteenth Amendment and so will not be under the purview of the centre. The PTI also wants to increase government spending in many sectors, reduce unemployment substantially while bringing down inflation at the same time, which is something that would break all laws of economics if it ever happened. That ultimately is the problem with the PTI: it ignores reality for rhetoric.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 27th, 2012.
-----------------
interesting read....

PTI’s economic policy
By Editorial
Published: August 26, 2012
One of the most trenchant criticisms of the Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) has been its reliance on feel-good sloganeering over the nitty-gritty of policy details. The announcement of the party’s economic plan was meant to change all that although if the early details are anything to go by, this is not going to happen. One of the fundamental mistakes the PTI makes is to treat corruption as a personal rather than structural issue. It simply thinks that getting rid of the current crop of politicians and replacing those with themselves will lead to an automatic halt in corruption, a view that is at stark odds with the reality of Pakistan. Thus, when the party claims that it will recover two trillion rupees by bringing an end to corruption, that figure can safely be ignored as the product of the PTI’s imagination.

Much of the PTI’s economic blueprint is aspirational rather than realistic. It is to say that the cost of producing electricity will be reduced, even though not a single politician in Pakistan has any control over the international price of oil. The same goes for the promise to bring an end to the circular debt issue although the PTI is unable to explain where the money will come from in order for this to happen. The party has also focused on the symbolic rather than the practical. It is politically popular to say that the state will save money by slashing the budgets of the president, prime minister, chief minister and governors’ houses by 50 per cent but these savings will barely make a dent in our deficit. The PTI also wants Pakistan to make do without foreign loans although how this will not lead to instant bankruptcy is again left unexplained.

Many of the proposals also betray an inexcusable ignorance about politics and economics. It is well and good to say that the education and health budgets will be substantially increased but these are subjects that were devolved to the provinces under the Eighteenth Amendment and so will not be under the purview of the centre. The PTI also wants to increase government spending in many sectors, reduce unemployment substantially while bringing down inflation at the same time, which is something that would break all laws of economics if it ever happened. That ultimately is the problem with the PTI: it ignores reality for rhetoric.
Published in The Express Tribune, August 27th, 2012.
-----------------
interesting read....

Amazing wordsmith, simply lacks information about what PTI stands for.

PTI has always claimed that it will not only remove the corrupt crocodiles but also do structural reform to ensure minimum leakage of the system.

Secondly if anyone has gone through the energy policy of PTI, wouldn't be raising question in para 2. even the Ch Shujahat formula is worth considering to end circular debt.

bold part: simple rhetoric ignoring the positives PTI will bring with them, above all is credibility, a face that world trusts...

I mean who writes Express editorials, someone from Karachi, I am sure.

Honestly bro i tought he was going after Altaf Hussain. But it has been years and he has still not taken action.
Sir he filed the cases but English courts asks Pakistani government to back them up which they will never do so he can't pursue cases any more and they have given great economic policy and other parties can't do it because their main leader is the most corrupt and incompetent one that is the problem if the person is honest they can do it

Sir every party gives its own policy and how they will do it but the problem with PML N is their main leader is the biggest corrupt man along with Zardari so they also have incompetent and corrupt team they can't even bring a good policy and also never will implement it fully

Amazing wordsmith, simply lacks information about what PTI stands for.

PTI has always claimed that it will not only remove the corrupt crocodiles but also do structural reform to ensure minimum leakage of the system.

This exactly is called Rhetoric.

Secondly if anyone has gone through the energy policy of PTI, wouldn't be raising question in para 2. even the Ch Shujahat formula is worth considering to end circular debt.

It would be lot better if you put some words from PTI energy policy to retort back the criticism you really intended, on face of it editor seems right bcz most of our circular debt problems revolves around “Fuel” used in thermal electricity generating units and whose price is rightly described as uncontrollable.

2ndly If PTI intended to use Ch. Shujat formula then she should be more explicit bcz this ultimately brings other kinds of just criticism on it as amount pulled by provinces is not excess entirely but accumulated by closing down other necessary development projects, however necessary.

bold part: simple rhetoric ignoring the positives PTI will bring with them, above all is credibility, a face that world trusts...

This only shows your complete lack of knowledge and understanding in economic principles stated in the editorial.

Dant girnay say pehlay ya dant girnay kay badd ???? :D

Only thing Pti is good at

Sir every party gives its own policy and how they will do it but the problem with PML N is their main leader is the biggest corrupt man along with Zardari so they also have incompetent and corrupt team they can't even bring a good policy and also never will implement it fully

Pmln Phobia. I never talked about Pmln here :lol:

It would be lot better if you put some words from PTI energy policy to retort back the criticism you really intended, on face of it editor seems right bcz most of our circular debt problems revolves around “Fuel” used in thermal electricity generating units and whose price is rightly described as uncontrollable.

2ndly If PTI intended to use Ch. Shujat formula then she should be more explicit bcz this ultimately brings other kinds of just criticism on it as amount pulled by provinces is not excess entirely but accumulated by closing down other necessary development projects, however necessary.

if you had a chance of reading out the energy policy, you would be saying so. help yourself PTI’s Energy Vision Policy – A synopsis « Insaf Pro Forum

To me the very first thing is the willingness to resolve the issue, neither PPP nor PMLN are interested, otherwise 90 billion worth transit bus service money could have been used for better priorities and so do other bogus and non productive schemes initiated with the mindset to buy votes...

Only thing Pti is good at

Pmln Phobia. I never talked about Pmln here :lol:

No, we are not only good at showing people their faces but also capable of taking on the problems of Pakistan which PMLN and PPP has created, even Dr Awab can fix a better set of artificial teeth !! do try... :D

No, we are not only good at showing people their faces but also capable of taking on the problems of Pakistan which PMLN and PPP has created, even Dr Awab can fix a better set of artificial teeth !! do try... :D

Just yesterday I talked to a person from Mianwali, he said IK never came back to his area after he won election, he just build a college

And when I told him that the college was built with the trust money and not with the Funds given to MNAs I wish you had seen his face.
And I think this is the same IK who was a member of Public Accounts Committee for 5 years, what he did there????

And finally stop talking about who I am, how much I can afford, What is my IQ level,Do I have teeth or not and who should I visit. I know its difficult for some people to post without a Rant but do try

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom