Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PTI changes date of Islamabad protest
AAMIR YASIN — UPDATED ABOUT AN HOUR AGO
WHATSAPP
9 COMMENTS
PRINT
ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) has decided in principle to change the date of its protest sit-in in Islamabad.

The party will, however, decide on Monday whether it will go ahead with its plan of closing the capital on November 2 or 3.

A senior leader of the PTI told Dawn that the party changed its early decision to hold the protest on Oct 30 for two reasons: Muharram and Sunday falling on Oct 30. “The party leaders were of the view that Imran Khan had announced to lay siege Islamabad after Muharram which is likely to end on October 30 or November 1.”

Decision to hold sit-in in capital on Nov 2 or 3 will be made today
He said some people were also of the view that the party should close the capital on a working day. He said the PTI wanted to close all roads leading to the federal capital.

The senior leader added that during a meeting of the PTI core committee held under the chairmanship of Irman Khan at Banni Gala on Sunday, the option to close Rawalpindi before the sit-in in Islamabad was also discussed.

However, he said, the party chief rejected the idea as he wanted the presence of all the party workers in Islamabad.

He said the party wanted to mobilise its workers in the Rawalpindi region, including Rawalpindi, Attock, Chakwal and Jhelum.

He added that there were also reports that Sheikh Rashid had invited Imran Khan to hold a public meeting at Lal Haveli before the Islamabad sit-in.

He said the PTI had asked its local leaders to mobilise the workers and supporters for the protest. There was a need to work for making the protest a success and for this the party’s leaders in Rawalpindi should end their differences, he added.

When contacted, PTI spokesman Naeemul Haq confirmed to Dawn that a decision had been taken to change the date of the protest from October 30. He said the PTI was considering holding the siege of Islamabad on November 2, 3 and 4.

He said a formal announcement in this regard would be made on Monday after consultations with the party central leaders.

On the other hand, the PML-N leaders have advised the provincial government and the local administration of Islamabad to not stop the PTI workers from entering the federal capital.

“The PTI wanted to create a situation of unrest in the twin cities and there is no need to stop them until they end the protest on their own,” a senior PML-N leader told Dawn.

He also said the federal and provincial governments had not issued any directions to the local police and administration to stop the PTI rallies.

Published in Dawn, October 17th, 2016

Pata nahi IK sahi hey kay ghalat par eek cheez clear hey.. woh zaroor koi asa kaam kar raha hey jo ye sab eek hogaye hain aur woh alag hey!
Well most people don't find a company when they plan to commit suicide...

Last time he waged a war against state institutuons but couldn't capture due to lack of support by the people and the Army. I remember 50 or so people were killed in K-P that night due to floods and their CM was busy dancing on the stage showing no signs of interest for his people and assuming the government is likely to be sent home anytime soon

Not sure if they have better strategy and may use weapons or it may be another toothless coup by PTI once again.

I am in favour of routing out corrupt leaders but not on the basis of anarchy

Last time he waged a war against state institutuons but couldn't capture due to lack of support by the people and the Army. I remember 50 or so people were killed in K-P that night due to floods and their CM was busy dancing on the stage showing no signs of interest for its people and assuming the government is likely to be sent home anytime soon

Not sure if they have better strategy and may use weapons or it may be another toothless coup by PTI once again.

Ok to keep sitting and tell your nextr generation jesay aap key baap dada ise ka intezaar kartay rahay kay chori chakari bandh hogi bla bla aur aap b intehzaar kijiye aur aapnay anay wali nasal ko b beta yehi batana shabaash.... eek awam de jo daily chitar khati thee badshah say.. eek din badshah nay chitar maarna chordiye tu woh awaam pochnay lagi.. bhai aaj chitar nahi paray.. wohi haal hey aap ka LOL!

Ok to keep sitting and tell your nextr generation jesay aap key baap dada ise ka intezaar kartay rahay kay chori chakari bandh hogi bla bla aur aap b intehzaar kijiye aur aapnay anay wali nasal ko b beta yehi batana shabaash.... eek awam de jo daily chitar khati thee badshah say.. eek din badshah nay chitar maarna chordiye tu woh awaam pochnay lagi.. bhai aaj chitar nahi paray.. wohi haal hey aap ka LOL!

I am not against change, I support change through logical way. I am against this bad culture of dharna politics causing a lot of disruption for public and bad image all over the world. There is no such trend of dharna politics anywhere in the world where you will destroy your own country for the sake of politics and people will turn the entire city into late night melody show.

Such dharnas has only lead to violence in past as is evident from ruthless dharnas of PTI and only gives me impression that Imran bhai is so hungry about power that he wants things happening sooner than later. Remember the leaked phone conversation where Imran Khan was saying ke PTV pe hamla huwa hai bara scha huwa... and more crap about the situation getting out of control will suit his purpose

For me if you want to install a power hungry madman to replace corrupt and cunning politician, Bismillah karain

Why PTI not calling for strike, when they claiming that People of Pakistan are with them??

Last time he waged a war against state institutuons but couldn't capture due to lack of support by the people and the Army. I remember 50 or so people were killed in K-P that night due to floods and their CM was busy dancing on the stage showing no signs of interest for his people and assuming the government is likely to be sent home anytime soon

just tell me did p-khatak had some insight from god that flood is coming?its was pre planned and u guys only see the bad side.not any word that has been said there

just tell me did p-khatak had some insight from god that flood is coming?its was pre planned and u guys only see the bad side.not any word that has been said there
To stage pe mujra karne ki bajaye he should have been with his people whose houses were destructed in the floods and so many deaths took place. I just gave 1 example for reference. The entire anarchy march could not have been justified in my opinion

Anyway, let bygones by bygones and I hope theu will treat this dharna as mere political vote gaining tactic and will not wage a war against Pakistan like they did 2 years ago

Imran Khan is becoming an icon for others. Congrats America group now you guys have a PTI in US as well :lol:
Screenshot_2016-10-17-20-44-50.png

I am not against change, I support change through logical way. I am against this bad culture of dharna politics causing a lot of disruption for public and bad image all over the world. There is no such trend of dharna politics anywhere in the world where you will destroy your own country for the sake of politics and people will turn the entire city into late night melody show.

Such dharnas has only lead to violence in past as is evident from ruthless dharnas of PTI and only gives me impression that Imran bhai is so hungry about power that he wants things happening sooner than later. Remember the leaked phone conversation where Imran Khan was saying ke PTV pe hamla huwa hai bara scha huwa... and more crap about the situation getting out of control will suit his purpose

For me if you want to install a power hungry madman to replace corrupt and cunning politician, Bismillah karain
Can PTI win an election ?

IK had the caliber that shook the earth of Noonians... but his "randi-rouna" and his idiotic decisions are making people tired now..

He couldn't hold his fame and support he got.. he lacks the sense of a politician and he would suffer it.

my basic take on non-politician chance of success is slim or none
they lack the political sense or management skills to succeed

Back
Top Bottom