What's new

PTCL upgrades Ufone’s network for 3G technology

i dont wanna sound cheap but 3G is really expencive. i mean a lowest price is 250/1GB in new delhi. i dont think many commen ppl can afford it.

I was using PTCL 1 mbps, it was giving me downloading speed of 100 kb per second and i was paying 1100 pkr for this per month.

Now they increased the speed to 2 mbps and downloading speed is increased 4 times now it is 400 kb per second and i am paying 1300 pkr per month for this.

i dont wanna sound cheap but 3G is really expencive. i mean a lowest price is 250/1GB in new delhi. i dont think many commen ppl can afford it.

that,s why i use bsnl evdo unlimited 800 rupee/mounth .max. speed-3 mbps

About downloading it is 300 GB per month and after 300 GB you have to pay just 1000 more and then no limits.

In India 4g is launched but its not affordable for common people 3G is far cheaper, we get 1gp 3G data usage for only Rs 250,2GB for Rs450, 4gb for 750

I feel that's still high price. 2g is cheaper and good for browsing. we need 3g for witching video and downloading, that's where 3g is useful, but that is heavy usage and will cost a fortune.so real benefits of 3g are still not affordable.

Current setup of PTCL can provide 100 Mbps internet connection to home users .They are just delaying the process they want to get alot of profits on their investments.There is no competition for PTCL .

Now companies are coming forward and are giving PTCL tough time so they have to make high speed Internet available to users at lesser cost..........

Current setup of PTCL can provide 100 Mbps internet connection to home users .They are just delaying the process they want to get alot of profits on their investments.There is no competition for PTCL .

Now companies are coming forward and are giving PTCL tough time so they have to make high speed Internet available to users at lesser cost..........

They have a 10 mbps per second service also but that's too expensive, 10,000 pkr per month.

I wonder how much 100 mbps will cost us?

Which users are on 2G example if ufone customer are on 2G does they have to buy new sim cards and what improvements does 3G provide as i live in Pakistan i dont know know abt it in detail.

Can any 1 educate me briefly plz ?

Which users are on 2G example if ufone customer are on 2G does they have to buy new sim cards and what improvements does 3G provide as i live in Pakistan i dont know know abt it in detail.

Can any 1 educate me briefly plz ?

You dont have to buy new SIM to be upgraded to 3G but you need to have a 3G compatible hand set to avail the facility

I feel that's still high price. 2g is cheaper and good for browsing. we need 3g for witching video and downloading, that's where 3g is useful, but that is heavy usage and will cost a fortune.so real benefits of 3g are still not affordable.

atleast its cheaper than what it was last yr it was 1gb for rs1000... i started using 3G only after that

3g is outdated its 4g now and pakistan has yet to put 3g tech in place first!

Although Wimax is 3.5g but 4g or wimax are not still very efficient in term of making calls. i.e they dont support handover yet. You can make call as well as use internet on 3g at the same time as it supports mobility very well. This is one reason to adopt 3g instead of 4G which is a bit differant in its use.

Back
Top Bottom