What's new

Proxy war: Get over with diplomacy, take war to Pakistani soil - Lt Gen Prakash Katoch

According to some poor souls in Pakistan India is already doing that in form of TTP...
Yep! That's what they think. We've not even started yet! But now, enough is enough! Parrikar has given a clear and unambiguous warning to the Pak Establishment which has been conducting a proxy war against India with their mercenaries, the LeT, HuM, JeM etc since the last three decades. That message is:

To end pain, inflict pain on the enemy.

Here's what he said....
It's time our politicians got up from their dead asses and on their dying feet and ate some Shilajeet to grow some balls! Like why is the JeM HQ in Bhawalpur still standing? It should have been reduced to rubble by now along with the sods manning it.

Hahahahah You can't even Copy Paste mate....

Shia were protesting in Balochistan now FC is taking care or the Insurgents who were killing Shia
why Pakistan Occupied Kashmir is protesting?? it's not on media:laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:
No university student is protesting for the arrest of Virat Kohli Fan :lol::lol::lol::lol: show media proof or news
Multiple Provinces? Pakistan has 4 and Except few BLA cunts in Balochistan who wants Independence? did you see anyone protesting in Quetta :omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

38 organizations are working Inside India banned by Indian Gov
^^Same thing i said :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you feel a cricket fan sentence for 10 years is ok? Without bail.
Not to mention freedom for terrorists.

Do you feel a cricket fan sentence for 10 years is ok? Without bail.
Not to mention freedom for terrorists.

He Hoisted the Indian Flag on Pakistani Soil on Republic day of India i.e 26th January weather it's for Virat Kohli support or Indian.... so law is law... If he's a so much die hard fan Raise the flag in you TV lounge why Hoisting it publicly .... On 26th January

m also Virat Fan but not that that stupid to hoist Indian Flag on roads

Parikar Sahib... the game is already on and even was started by yourself prior to Mukti to what not so why hurry now. Just wait and see. Patients is the key but we also know about intolerance at your end and that is not our headache so do your move and do not pretend to be innocent like you weren't doing. India and Pakistan both are playing the same game, no disagreement on this but why the one looses the temper and take it on nerves.

He Hoisted the Indian Flag on Pakistani Soil on Republic day of India i.e 26th January weather it's for Virat Kohli support or Indian.... so law is law... If he's a so much die hard fan Raise the flag in you TV lounge why Hoisting it publicly .... On 26th January

m also Virat Fan but not that that stupid to hoist Indian Flag on roads

Okay I agree it's annoying to some one hoist other countries flag let alone sworn enemies..
In India even in the remote places few cracks do hoist pak flags or support pak cricket team only because of Islam ,

But no one is punished with 10 years non bailable warrant..
Even in J&k u can see few of them doing it..

And people talk India is oppressing ...
They must be thankful for the freedom they are enjoying ..

He is right.
If we start thinking like terrorists, then we will be just as good as them.

No there is a difference. If we do that than it shall be a reaction. you can not win this war with defensive strategy.

Operation Zarb-e-Azb even though their officers hardly lead?
After reading this i stopped cz i knew writer was class a ahole
Not worth my time

Buddy Pakistani forces has one of the highest officer casualties rate is not they are not trained enough but they lead
No one should disrespect dead specially when they died protecting there country men and it goes for both nation

you can not win this war with defensive strategy.
Let me first rule out the option of ‘defeating’ Pakistan as utterly impossible. India is not known to use the strategy of compellence- military force to compel any country (in this case Pakistan) to change its policy.
India's inability to effect a favorable transformation in the behaviour of its adversaries through a mix of strategies, is well known; change of government every 5 years is the reason. Every new government adopts a diff set of policies which waters down efforts of the previous govt.
Right now India’s declared strategic doctrine can be said to be one of defensive offence (I'm assuming so, because NSA Ajith Doval, who coined the term, has been our NSA for more than a year now ). That means, while our overall strategic posture is defensive which is intended to protect India, the execution of the strategy will be offensive, i.e the through use of our military, diplomatic and intelligence instruments to keep a tab a on Pakistan in case of transgress. Both the NSA and the defence minister have, on many occasions, hinted at intelligence operations underway.
Now compare this to our adversary's strategy of offensive defense, which is, it is offensive but with a defensive purpose. Pakistan now boasts of fastest growing nuclear arsenal (which includes tac nukes) but if you look closely, you will come to know that their strategy has already taken a toll on its economy.
so there you go!
which strategy will you opt for?
Should likes of Gen.Katoch not show enough patience to see the defensive offence strategy work?

Yes w
Proxy war: Get over with diplomacy, take war to Pakistani soil or else the Last Posts will just play on
Feb 22, 2016 20:36 IST

#26/11 Mumbai attack #Azhar Masood #Hafiz Saeed #India #InMyOpinion #Last Post #Operation Parakram #Operation Zarb-e-Azb #Pakistan #Pampore encounter #Pathankot terror attack #Terrorism

• Army jawans paying tribute to to Captain Tushar Mahajan who lost his life in a gun-battle with the militants in Pampore, in Udhampur on Monday. PTI

But first let us examine the above, even as the encounter continues. As per reports only one terrorist has been gunned down till now and perhaps another three-four are holed up inside the double storey house being shown on the TV obviously with plenty ammunition and food. Whether there are other civilians in that house is not known but perhaps that may be the reason why heavy weapons have not been used till now. But the bottom-line is that Pakistan sends across jaundiced terrorists who perhaps are addicted to narcotics and have wreaked AIDS on the women in J&K. The Valley in particular over the years has seen rise in HIV/AIDS cases even as the state government hides the figures. These terrorists are extracting lives of our security forces including young officers. It is a very cheap option for Pakistan to keep our security heavily tied down. Next comes the media blitz of sudden found nationalism during such occurrences -- saluting the martyrs, photographs with full description, live coverage of last rites and all. All this is very fine but look at the other side of the coin. What is the status of such coverage for martyrs elsewhere? Has the US or Nato done such publicity for their personnel killed in say Iraq and Afghanistan. Yes, numbers are released at later date and perhaps list of names much later. Has the Pakistani media ever given such coverage to their killed in action in Operation Zarb-e-Azb even though their officers hardly lead? The way our media handles such occurrences’ is obvious motivation to terrorists in Pakistan with jaundiced mullahs like Hafiz Saeed and Azhar Masood laughing all the way home, not that the Pakistani military-ISI would not be popping champagne.

What have we really done suffering Pakistan’s proxy war for the past three and a half decades? Late MK Dhar, former Joint Director IB wrote in his book ‘Open Secrets – India’s intelligence unveiled’ published 10 years ago in 2005, “I continued to advocate for an aggressive and proactive counter and forward intelligence thrust against Pakistan. My voice was rarely heard and mostly ignored. The Pakistani establishment is a geopolitical bully. The best response to blunt such a bully is to take the war inside his home. India has allowed itself to be blackmailed by Pakistan even before it went nuclear. The sabre rattling of “coercive diplomacy”, which is nothing but sterile military power, cannot convince the Islamist Pakistani Establishment that India can take the border skirmishes inside their homes and hit at the very roots of the jaundiced Islamist groups.” We have failed to establish credible deterrence against Pakistan’s proxy war, refusing to acknowledge that irregular forces have emerged with greater strategic value over conventional and even nuclear forces, as can be seen from examining conflict situations over the past decade.

Even Operation Parakram should have taught us that conventional forces are no match to irregular threats. But we still continue to rely on diplomacy which is useless without being backed by unconventional muscle. While we have been mostly relying on idealism, we have compounded it with an inward looking policy. The costs of always following an inward looking policy are much higher, as India should have realised years back. The most effective policy for India or for that matter any country, should be one that balances both realism and idealism, which in effect, makes the idealism realistic. But we need to also weigh in other issues why we are continuing with such intransigence? Ask the public and you would be surprised to know how many are of the view that they think if the terrorists would have actually entered the Parliament during attack in December 2001, our response to Pakistan’s proxy war would have been far more cohesive and effective. The fact is that you can hardly find a politician or bureaucrat's ward in the security forces. So casualties are just numbers that don’t matter, not that some politicians have also had the gumption to say that after all security forces personnel are meant to die. The second issue is the cross-border links of the terrorists and mafia which includes politician; money laundering through hawala, narcotics trade and diversion of funds to terrorist organisations, as reported by NIA from time to time, and hinted by veteran R&AW officers.

If we think that Pakistan will have a change of heart, we cannot be more foolhardy. Filing of FIR against unknown persons in the terrorist attack on Pathankot IAF air base and removing personal security of the prosecutor in the trill underway in Pakistan for the 26/11 Mumbai terrorist attack, with the previous prosecutor gunned down are latest indicators. But the fact is that Pakistan will up the ante of proxy war with the US and China firmly in support of the Pakistani military. It is time that our government despite the approaching elections in various states and modernising-cum-development schemes, seriously get down to build the sub-conventional muscle. We urgently need to establish effective deterrence to combat Pakistan’s proxy war, which may need to be exercised from time to time in order to demonstrate its credibility. If we fail to take such action even now, then the Last Posts and the show will simply go on as hithertofore.

Proxy war: Get over with diplomacy, take war to Pakistani soil or else the Last Posts will just play on - Firstpost
Bellieve u because u belong to a country who has no goodwill for any other country and yes we know people like u will gurantee the destruction of both countries and IA army retired guys even after ranks like general have less mentality to PA hawaldar

No one can defeat Pakistan in proxy war. Our credentials are too strong. It is pertinent to mention here that USSR is the best example to quote. I don't want to go into more details but to be very specific our guys know more than anyother team on ground.
With experience to plan and execute against USSR and fight back and counter it against TTP, we are now well equipped with the training and skills to take this war into indian soil. Don't bully us it is dangerous for you. And if our guys decided to take this war into your soil , I tell you there will be many surprises one after another.
Umm... okaay!

Attachments

• IMG_20160224_131813_edit.png
    IMG_20160224_131813_edit.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 0
Hence, much angry.. much nothing else.

We are at war for the last 70 years, and we do things to each other. So if there is anything that Pakistan is doing to us and we are not doing to Pakistan in return, then we should do it. Petty morality has little place in war. So, if the Lt.Gen is hinting at taking the war to Pakistani soil, then I am not worried about the means. I won't discount his anger for nothing, because such anger leads to action. I personally think that keeping Pakistan engaged in it's western parts is a good strategy, and we should focus more on that.

I never really had much faith on 'aman ki asha' and 'peace talks', it's not that I don't want peace with Pakistan, even friendly relations, but these are unrealistic dreams considering the hard realities.

Hence, much angry.. much nothing else.

We are at war for the last 70 years, and we do things to each other. So if there is anything that Pakistan is doing to us and we are not doing to Pakistan in return, then we should do it. Petty morality has little place in war. So, if the Lt.Gen is hinting at taking the war to Pakistani soil, then I am not worried about the means. I won't discount his anger for nothing, because such anger leads to action. I personally think that keeping Pakistan engaged in it's western parts is a good strategy, and we should focus more on that.

I never really had much faith on 'aman ki asha' and 'peace talks', it's not that I don't want peace with Pakistan, even friendly relations, but these are unrealistic dreams considering the hard realities.

It seems you are doing over time to remain PDF think tank.

Sorry brother, but it was the very wrong quote by you to @nair.

What is required is to increase the cost of the proxy war, which enemy is doing and take this whole proxy war to the political, social, economical, defensive, and offensive front.

There is no hard reality, only perception that changes in years or instants.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom