What's new

Prove God!

Moses did :).

Correction: You have been told he did. You can't say that as a fact, you weren't there to see it happen.

Likewise, you cannot be sure of anything you have been taught. For there are hundreds of religions around the world, each one of whom sincerely believe theirs is the "correct" faith. So who is right? Why is your religion right and the rest wrong? Because your parents and everyone around you said so?

Because you've studied your religion and it "makes the most sense"? I can assure you Hinduism makes "most sense" to a Hindu and Scientology makes "most sense" to a Scientologist.

So my question to every person who believes in a religion here is: HOW CAN YOU BE SURE?

That is quite a huge assumption, Sir. Actually it is mere wishful thinking. How do we know that belief was roped in to bring societal order ? After all these bombings, discriminations and slaughters in the names of God - we have been given chaos and not order by those who perpetuate faith.

Given that all religions/religious institutions have in more than one ways sought power we should begin to see religion as a powerful tool towards gaining power over the ignorant masses.

Lets not discredit religion totally. In the past, in the absence of moden science, it did serve some purposes.

BLAISE PASCAL:
"If God does not exist, one will lose nothing by believing in him, while if he does exist, one will lose everything by not believing. "

i believ in these theories, and i believe in god. i believe that god created our universe using the big bang and that god initiated evolution to form life.

If you believe in the theories put forth by science you're contradicting Bible and Quran. (Story of Adam and Eve) You cannot contradict the Quran and still remain a Muslim. Implies no Muslim can believe in such theories.

^^^This video makes so many fundamental mistakes, I don't even know where to start.

i believe in a greater entity called god because i cant fathom how the universe was created without someone creating it. that someone has to be god.

... and what we can't fathom we attribute to the supernatural! That is how religions were created in the first place, because human beings couldn't fathom what was happening around them.

Why did the Incas worship the sun? Because they felt it was fantastic and couldn't figure out what it was.

If we cannot fathom everything it is because human intellectual prowess, although remarkable has its limits. It does not mean that whatever we cannot fathom was created by a supernatural being.

There was a time when humans believed the earth was flat and then they believed it was round and the center of the universe! Science has debunked many myths and beliefs in the past and in the future many things which we now attribute to God will be explained in a rational manner as our understanding of them grows.

I believ in these theories, and i believe in god. i believe that god created our universe using the big bang and that god initiated evolution to form life.

If God was all powerful as most religions suggest he wouldn't need the Big Bang or Evolution.

If God was all powerful as most religions suggest he wouldn't need the Big Bang or Evolution.

Its strange that every one talks about its existence or non existence without talking about its meaning and definition ..
before saying that something exist or don't exists we shall say , what it means and what is its characteristic ,

May be your definition of that "it" is wrong and that's why "it doesn't Exists.

God is your perception about the Truth (Brahman)

Its strange that every one talks about its existence or non existence without talking about its meaning and definition ..
before saying that something exist or don't exists we shall say , what it means and what is its characteristic ,

May be your definition of that "it" is wrong and that's why "it doesn't Exists.

God is your perception about the Truth (Brahman)

I did not understand this reply to my post. I did not advocate the existence or non-existence of anything. :what:

I did not understand this reply to my post. I did not advocate the existence or non-existence of anything. :what:

Sorry Mig it was not suppose to be against your Point of view only .. I was talking about this thread as whole .

Omer Khayyaam in one of his very famous Rubayee ( Quatrain) says.

Israare azal ra na tu daani wa na mann

Wa een hull -e -mumma na tu khwani wa na mann

Hast az pasey pardeh guftoogoo -e mann -o tu

chun pardeh bur uftad no tu maani wa na mann

Literal translation:

secrets of the eternity are known neither to you nor to me

and solution of this puzzle you cant read nor can I

our dialogue is as if it was behind a veil

when the curtain falls, neither you remain nor will I

As translated by an expert.

There was a door to which I found no key

There was a veil thru which I might not see

Some little talk a while of me and thee

There was- and there was no more of me and thee

Hon Members of the Forum: It is more a matter of faith rather than scientific problem. I neither care to prove nor disprove its existence. God is an entity that I believe in and will continue to do so.

Omer Khayyaam in one of his very famous Rubayee ( Quatrain) says.

Israare azal ra na tu daani wa na mann

Wa een hull -e -mumma na tu khwani wa na mann

Hast az pasey pardeh guftoogoo -e mann -o tu

chun pardeh bur uftad no tu maani wa na mann

Literal translation:

secrets of the eternity are known neither to you nor to me

and solution of this puzzle you cant read nor can I

our dialogue is as if it was behind a veil

when the curtain falls, neither you remain nor will I

As translated by an expert.

There was a door to which I found no key

There was a veil thru which I might not see

Some little talk a while of me and thee

There was- and there was no more of me and thee

Hon Members of the Forum: It is more a matter of faith rather than scientific problem. I neither care to prove nor disprove its existence. God is an entity that I believe in and will continue to do so.

Dear Niaz

The problem is that we tend to stop the evolution of our thoughts by proclaiming it to be the question of personal faith .
its very important to question the nature of this faith otherwise this faith becomes arrogant and it leads to misery and pain .
Look at the human history,from mediaeval world to modern theocratic states this so called personal faith has led to war and misery .

Dear Niaz

The problem is that we tend to stop the evolution of our thoughts by proclaiming it to be the question of personal faith .
its very important to question the nature of this faith otherwise this faith becomes arrogant and it leads to misery and pain .
Look at the human history,from mediaeval world to modern theocratic states this so called personal faith has led to war and misery .

No doubt you have a point. However somethings are in existense which are very real in sense that one can feel the same, therefore even though not fictitious, have no physical substance. For example I have been in love myself and have felt the pain and longing; most people will gladly sacrifice their life to save their loved ones. Is there a logic or rationality in love? Biologists claim that love is nothing but an urge to reproduce. May be so but not to me.

In medical science there is 'migrain'. The pain is very real but difficult to describe and measure. I dont claim that God is migrain or love; nevertheless it is something that I believe in. Since the belief satisfies my spiritual needs, I donot look for a logical expalantion or a proof.

Lord Budha prescribed a very popular religion without a supreme diety. Budhism is okay for Budhists but it is not for me. That is why I maintain that God is a matter of faith not something that must have a logical explanation.

Finally, I have seen a program on the creation of universe. It is finally down to fact that before the big bang there was nothing and therefore whole universe came out of nothing !! This despite the fact that matter cannot be created nor destroyed. Thus there is a boundry where science and logic ends and what is left is faith.

Back
Top Bottom