What's new

Prove God!

Ik.

God is one. Absolute.

The mind is capable of knowing only those things, phenomena, facts and concepts which are bipolar or relative. God being non-dual and absolute, is unknowable to the human mind. A simple example of this is in imagining distances: one could quite easily indicate that a meter in height is so high; even two or three metres.

However when it comes to large distances, one mile, or two miles it cannot be imagined by the mind, or fully comprehended and so a standard is used for comparison: this mountain is x miles high, this tree is so high etc.

Omkar.

The word 'O-ankaar' denotes that God manifests Himself ceaselessly throughout His creation in diverse forms, features and colours, and in this way becomes knowable to us.

But, in spite of manifesting in such diverse forms, God remains One; He is immanent in His creation, while being at the same time transcendent. This God is at once one and many, implying unity in diversity

Isvasyam Idam Sarvam.

That which was, is, will be, is all Onkar. And that which triple transcends is Onkar too.

God and creation ?

It is like the one between a dancer and his dance form. When man dances, can you separate him from his dance? Can he return home leaving the dance behind?

If the dancer dies, the dance dies with him. When the dance ends, he is no longer the dancer. They are united, one. This is why since ancient times, Hindus have looked upon God as the dancer, “Nataraj.” In this symbol the dancer and the dance are one.

Thats what the wiki says anyway. :)

Personally, I don't need no God.

No way, you a Punjabi?

are you a Sikh? Samudra..

Dude you just explained the Sikh Mool Mantra somewhat..
the only difference is this line Isvasyam Idam Sarvam.is in sanskrit .. the first 2 are Punjabi..

Zraver, focus man, focus.

Religion is only true for the believer, not for everyone regardless of belief.

Prove God.....

What proof will you accept?

will you accept that I am a drug addict who could not get clean and get my life turned around until I prayed? That since that prayer my life has done a 180 degree turn and the series of "coincidences" that have put me on a path to law school has been outside the normal realm of chance. Such cannot be proven scientifically. but I can prove the events before and after the prayer and cannot be held responsible for the actions of others with whom I had no contact before the coincidence.

Before prayer (and after I left the army)

drug addicted (xtc at raves the raver in zraver)
divorced
felon
homeless
no vehicle
no contact with my son

After the prayer

drug free for nearly 4 years
remarried
Honors College student w/3.86 GPA who won a full ride scholarship*
mini-van and sports car (300zx the z in zraver)
same address a house for several years
Son comes to visit and spend time

* It was weird that I picked the University of Central Arkansas, it was not the closest school. I thought I wanted to be a radiologist, but found out my talents lie elsewhere. Once at UCA I bloomed meeting just the right people to get steered into competing for an Honors Scholarship including taking a class with the professor who chaired the committee who would decide who won.

It also turns out that the cop who arrested me, was now a cop and part time professor at UCA and I am now friends with them and they have written me letters of recommendation.

So can I prove God? No, but He has proven Himself to me.

IF god is the creation of our intellect ..
then God is our perception about goodness .
so god tell more about ourself then god .

are you a Sikh? Samudra..

No way, you a Punjabi?

Ofcourse I'm a Sikh. Not in the doctrinal/religious sense but spiritually I'm still learning so yes I'm a Sikh(Learner). I wear a kara too.

Isvasyam Idam Sarvam is the first verse from Isa Upanishad. If you can understand it in the proper sense you've understood basic Advaita. Sikh ceoncepts are quite similar to Vedantic concepts.

Good example.

Dont cherry pick a line. Make an attempt to understand the idea in its totality rather than choosing to only read what suits ones ideas. Like Zakir Naik quoting Vedas.

Ofcourse I'm a Sikh. Not in the doctrinal/religious sense but spiritually I'm still learning so yes I'm a Sikh(Learner).

though even I am against using Sikh in a more doctrinal way but only a spiritual way..
If you want to be Sikh doctrinally then you have to become a Khalsa.. the baptised Sikh..

I wear a kara too.

cool.. I am sure you do know what it signifies..right?

Isvasyam Idam Sarvam is the first verse from Isa Upanishad. If you can understand it in the proper sense you've understood basic Advaita. Sikh ceoncepts are quite similar to Vedantic concepts.

Isn't it symbolically explaining Turiya the fourth state??? :confused: because you mention triple transcends..

My knowledge of Upanishads is pretty weak actually..though Actually if you have a look at Siddh Ghost of Guru Nanak.. then certain concepts also become clearer..
Sidh Ghost-The Sikh Prayers : A Gateway to Sikhism

Dont cherry pick a line. Make an attempt to understand the idea in its totality rather than choosing to only read what suits ones ideas. Like Zakir Naik quoting Vedas.

:agree:

No one has seen God.

It is all a manner in which semblance of societal order was brought in to control the wild and bring a semblance to a societal order! After all, without an uniform approach, nothing can progress!

I say this with no offence to anyone who believes there is God.

Since I cannot understand Creation, I take it that there is some supernatural phenomenon that organised it so. But I do not believe in what any Man has to say to spread his own agenda or tales to that effect.

Again, no offence intended.

Each to his way!

Good post Sir! :)

The alternative other than believing in God or a Supernatural Source would be evolution which is based on assumptions rather than solid proves...too many missing links.

Its easier and more logic to me is to believe in God than evolution, even without seeing him.
Do I need to see to believe?
No...I believe in electricity and wind aswell, both can't be seen but demonstrate their existance in our daily lives.
So does God...he's around us.

ya thats true no one can see God......but it is there.....just like we can't see air but it is there......we can feel it.
Khuda aisey ehsas ka naamm hai rehey samney aur dekhaee na de....

Subhanallah...

to me this is NOT a ridiculous question. but the attempts to answer will be ridiculous.
why?
consider who'll be discussing the question. now consider all possible options. how can those created by God prove God or otherwise.

The alternative other than believing in God or a Supernatural Source would be evolution which is based on assumptions rather than solid proves...too many missing links.

Well, why should we always consider God to be the alternative idea in place of evolution? You miss too many links because you are restricting your perspective to the debate between Muslim/Christian idea of creation versus evolution. There are other perspectives as well which leave sufficient allowance for both evolution AND a creator God.

Its easier and more logic to me is to believe in God than evolution, even without seeing him.
No...I believe in electricity and wind aswell, both can't be seen but demonstrate their existance in our daily lives.
So does God...he's around us

But thats taking the easy way out. It is in no way a clear demonstration of the existence of God or the secret behind creation. There are clear, defined indicators for proving the presence of electricity and wind. There is nothing for God.

We know science has answered many questions that once man thought could never be answered. With the hindsight of so much scientific improvement we are better off trying to search for the answers rather than taking the easy way out.

We're still searching. Let us not run away from the search and resign ourselves to lazy 'belief'.

We should be as honest as we are ignorant. We don't know. We have our ideas and we're still fiddling with them.

Once upon a time, there were two babies in their mother's womb. Naturally they were not able to see their mother. A day; the boy said "Sister, I know we will not be alone when we are born... Someone said there will be a woman, named as 'mother'....". The girl replied "That's bullshit brother! Where is the mother huh? Where is!? These are your daydreams... When we are born; the life will be finished... Then take it easy, enjoy yourself."

While this dialog was occuring; the hand of tenderhearted mother was above of them. :)

In the absence of any other proof, the thumb alone would convince me of God's existence.

Sir Isaac Newton.

The logic being that the thumb with its intricate lines and look must have been created by a designer which would be God.

Good post Sir! :)

So does God...he's around us.

Though you can not see the air and electricity but you can feel it and its existence can be proved in lab. So giving this argument is not valid with existence of GOD.

GOD is always linked with religion. If one has faith in a religion, GOD comes in picture for them and most of the time faith is beyond the reasoning. Now you can imagine GOD is not universal, a group of people believing in a particular religion have their own GOD.

So I believe GOD is in your faith to religion and you feel the GOD as religion has perceived. And you try to connect with GOD as your religion tells you.

I personally a believer and my GOD is in my faith and beyond the reasoning.

Everybody has their own ways to connect with God but if it wasn't just about faith. What are your good logical, scientific, hypothetical or philosophical evidences of God's existence?

Well I dont know if you are a Muslim? But there are three things that distinguish a muslim if I remember one is that "We do not question the existance of God as we have little or no knowledge" second " That Mohammad is the Final Prophet and there is non after him" and third I dont remember.

The existance of god is easly seen by the followers of god which are situated in Three religion who believe God is one and Supreme.

It is all a manner in which semblance of societal order was brought in to control the wild and bring a semblance to a societal order! After all, without an uniform approach, nothing can progress!

That is quite a huge assumption, Sir. Actually it is mere wishful thinking. How do we know that belief was roped in to bring societal order ? After all these bombings, discriminations and slaughters in the names of God - we have been given chaos and not order by those who perpetuate faith.

Given that all religions/religious institutions have in more than one ways sought power we should begin to see religion as a powerful tool towards gaining power over the ignorant masses.

What i dont get is why many people take the big bang theory and theory of evolution as proof of there being no god. why do people insist that god and these theories are opposites, and that a person cant believ in both of them?

i believ in these theories, and i believe in god. i believe that god created our universe using the big bang and that god initiated evolution to form life. i believe in a greater entity called god because i cant fathom how the universe was created without someone creating it. that someone has to be god.

now, i dont believe in religion. i dont believe in the gods man created. i think man just created religion to explain the unexplainable and create social order. god is not something we can preach about in books. i believ that god is an entity far beyond human comprehension.

Back
Top Bottom