What's new

Proud Pakistani Sikh Message to India and fellow sikh brothers in india

See - therein lies the fascination in all of this. Despite the bloody history - we live in harmony. I go to Lahore regularly and when I do - there've been many many times I interacted with the Sikh yatris coming to their holy land Pakistan for pilgrimage. OF course the news will never report these little "tid bits" about Pakistani students and volunteers (from groups such as Critical Mass -which is run by a respected Pakistani Barrister) who cycle to the Gurdwaras and other venues of Pakistan and ensure tidiness around them. All the Sikh monuments in Pakistan are as pristine as they were ages ago. We never destroyed religious monuments as what happened at the Golden Temple or Ayodha.

As a proud Peshawari - we have a respected Sikh community who are doing very well and practicing their faith freely.....2008/09 was a rough year due to IDP crisis and TTP atrocities but all the communities have healed because we as a nation are the most resilient on the face of this God-made planet.

The invaders of the past are long dead. But people like Sanaulla Ghumman -- unknown people who work behind the scenes --renovated holy Sikh sites such as the Gurdwara Tapasthan (in Burewala, Southern Punjab). I can cite 4 other such examples off the top of my own head.

So therefore - your habit and attempt to bring up old history, which is best left for the dusty bookshelves - fails to change our views.

I can't say anything personally about you and I don't know you. But let there be one rumor that "one sikh blasphemed or insulted your prophet" and the same "yo"u will suddenly be a Jihadi waiting in the wings. Thats what happened in 1947. All this sudden love for sikhs has more to do with your hindu hate rather than any new found love for sikhs. And deep down sikhs KNOW this. There is this whole history to back it up.

Again "those who forget the lessons of history are condemned to repeat them."

Arey, its not being two faced. When we meet abroad, its also honest. But there are issues, which when raised lead to issues. A typical if slightly prejudiced view can be seen from the film of Shoaib Mansoor 'Khuda kay liye'. Contrast the meetings of the Sikh guy with Shaan in the beginning in town.
Well said Pal

Back
Top Bottom