What's new

Prothom Alo Editor attacks Islam and Islamic Faith

Who get to decide who is a murderer and who is not? Some puppet courts on which even UN have raised concerns? hah..

On that count, I completely agree. If the trials are to settle political scores and are not free nor fair then the whole thing is a sham and is actually insulting to the martyrs of the country in question. Perhaps some Banglas can shed some light on this. Are the trials fair? How independent is the judiciary?

Justice for War Criminals? of 1971? After like 4 decades of war? Are you insane or what? Why cause trouble?

Jamat-e-Islami, Bangladesh?

When are new elections in Bangladesh coming up? I hope bengalis stop licking india's arse and decide for themselves...

Justice were not given to some heavy weight culprits. If they had stand off from BD politics nothing like this were
happened. Some 8 men were accused and gov was processing trial but jamat stared problem.
Its like jamat was practicing anti BD elements.So ppl came on street to ban on jamat and to show solidarity to the trial.
Yes jamat-e-Islami Bangladesh it was the party who was in favor of pak.
Election is at the end of this year.

On that count, I completely agree. If the trials are to settle political scores and are not free nor fair then the whole thing is a sham and is actually insulting to the martyrs of the country in question. Perhaps some Banglas can shed some light on this. Are the trials fair? How independent is the judiciary?

BD judiciary was never free of political influence. But in case of war criminal trial its not applicable.
As the accused are proven culprits and involved in 4 serious charges.

No, the trial is a shame to the law. The Hanging of sayedee was done for a case where he murdered a dude but his wife filed a report on it after war and nowhere did it mention his name. There were also several written witness taken where the papers were not signed. Then they rejected further time on the case because there would be more "disturbance"(Shahbag :lol: ) in the country if it was done. I hear that one of the witness don't know about our independence date.
Anyway back to Kader mollah's trial. Most of the witnesses were like "I heard from there, this guy told me, his sister heard it from her friend" None of the witness said that they SAW the crime. How can you punish a man for that? Now our youths think that Kader mollah was a rejakar though[Ony God knows from where they extracted this info, maybe ISI is helping them :rofl: ]
The judges are very shameless too, this is proved by their skype conversation with another person, who has no part int he trial, and who was dictating him on what to do and how to do it. Do you know what a few AL people said when the skype conversation was posted in a newspaper? "Why did Prothom Alo post this news? i thought they were the newspaper of freedom fighters". Funny thing how the freedom fighters are against this trial as well.
This whole thing is like a drama show to take the attention of people from their mindblowing corruption. Unfortunately our Idiotic "Youth" who are our new generation FREEDOM FIGHTER according to the media, are helping the staging of this drama. They insist that they are the maximum while hardly 100k people visited shahbag(most are passerby and people who just went to take a peek). Hitler would fall in tears after seeing the massive propaganda of our Government.

And don't listen to madx, he just posts baseless craps. Most Shahbagis are clueless like him

if you check the international media right now its blaming the government for shutting down and charging the 'award' winning atheist blogger, if the mullahs go for the editor of prothom alo, it will paint a bad picture. Shutting down the atheist bloggers, shuts off shahbag, but going after the editor of prothom alo, a major Bangladeshi newspaper editor will put the blame on jamaat and bnp in the international media, and add to that the recent false flag attack on the hindus. And awami league will never arrest an editor of a major newspaper. So going after the editor of a major newspaper on religious issues does more damage than good in this current climate.

I think you are missing the big picture here. Since when international media became concern for Awami League regime? Exactly, never. So, why should 90% of Bangladeshi population take int’l media criticism when their identity and faith is under attack? Polarization on Bangladesh political and national identity running much deeper than what few int'l or local media is talking about. Besides, Awami League and these secular driven kangaroo court and their genocidal killing did not go unnoticed in int'l media and western capitals.

Atheist/secular minority block harping in Prothom Alo, in Shahbagh and elsewhere in media are NOT even 1% of Bangladesh 160 million populations. But their blatant attack on Islamic faith of 90% of Bangladeshi population, somewhat waken up silent majority and majority is taking notice of indo Awami atheist/secular impositions.

In india and in west attacking Islam is a fashion and these atheist/secular minority using their loud voice appealing to that sympathetic side. Int'l media will speak in its fashionable term but that is much farther away from current discourse and from much deeper political and identity question. Threshold of current Bangladeshi polarization is so deep that these int'l media phobia became less important and irrelevant.

Since Bangladesh independence, this secular/atheist minority block banking on indian support and media power hijacked REAL Bangladeshi identity and aspiration by attacking majority and imposing indian branded secularism. Time and again majority stepped back in fear of int'l media and western reaction. Unless these indian supported atheist/secular entities are challenged to the core and overwhelmed, Bangladesh Muslim majority population will suffer for many coming years. That is TRUE fact and realization. Will that happen? That is million dollar question and matter of much bigger discussion.

One thing is clear, there is class of people who may not support these atheist/secular cause but they shied away confronting 43 years old atheist/secular imposition for sake of living comfort, business and money. This time will be no different but majority aspiration and faith has much bigger stake than just temporary comfort. At the end western countries always line up with winning side and don’t throw their weight behind people who cannot stand up for their own belief.

I think you are missing the big picture here. Since when international media became concern for Awami League regime? Exactly, never. So, why should 90% of Bangladeshi population take int’l media criticism when their identity and faith is under attack? Polarization on Bangladesh political and national identity running much deeper than what few int'l or local media is talking about.

Atheist/secular minority block harping in Prothom Alo, in Shahbagh and elsewhere in media are NOT even 1% Bangladesh, 160 million populations. But their blatant attack on Islamic faith of 90% of Bangladeshi population, somewhat waken up silent majority and majority is taking notice of indo Awami atheist/secular impositions.

In india and in west attacking Islam is a fashion and these atheist/secular minority using their loud voice appealing to that sympathetic side. Int'l media will speak in its fashionable term but that is much farther away from current discourse and from much deeper political and identity question. Threshold of current Bangladeshi polarization is so deep that these int'l media phobia became less important and irrelevant.

Since Bangladesh independence, this secular/atheist minority block banking on indian support and media power hijacked REAL Bangladeshi identity and aspiration by attacking majority and imposing indian branded secularism. Time and again majority stepped back in fear of int'l media and western reaction. Unless these indian supported atheist/secular entities are challenged to the core and overwhelmed, Bangladesh Muslim majority population will suffer for many coming years. That is TRUE fact and realization. Will that happen? That is million dollar question and matter of much bigger discussion.

One thing is clear, there is class of people who may not support these atheist/secular cause but they shied away confronting 43 years old atheist/secular imposition for sake of living comfort, business and money. This time will be no different but majority aspiration and faith has much bigger stake than just temporary comfort. At the end western countries always line up with winning side and don’t throw their weight behind people who cannot stand up for their one belief.

I had a few Bangladeshi friends in college and most of them were very secular. But then again, they were probably among the more privileged Bangladeshi so might not be representative of all Banglas. But if India is fostering all this in Bangladesh as you say - then what is the aim? I can see why a Pakistani would say India is interfering in internal affairs of Pakistan but that is because India-Pakistan are always at loggerheads. But why Bangladesh - what does India gain in your perception?

BD judiciary was never free of political influence. But in case of war criminal trial its not applicable.
As the accused are proven culprits and involved in 4 serious charges.

Accused can never be "proven culprits". You are innocent until the judiciary finds you guilty. However serious the charge and however obvious the crime - it must still be proven in court - else the entire process is one big joke.

I had a few Bangladeshi friends in college and most of them were very secular. But then again, they were probably among the more privileged Bangladeshi so might not be representative of all Banglas. But if India is fostering all this in Bangladesh as you say - then what is the aim? I can see why a Pakistani would say India is interfering in internal affairs of Pakistan but that is because India-Pakistan are always at loggerheads. But why Bangladesh - what does India gain in your perception?

Accused can never be "proven culprits". You are innocent until the judiciary finds you guilty. However serious the charge and however obvious the crime - it must still be proven in court - else the entire process is one big joke.

I cant also get it what will be the reason that India will be behind all the things.A good prosperous BD is good for India and a good friendship with India is good for BD.We have
no no oil or gas that india is after that. Its some political agenda to gain popularity through
Indian hatred.But we have some major undisputed maters which can be solved by bilateral
talks. We are just victim of poor political condition.

The accused are top killers of 71 genocide. So many proofs are there. Yeah a full form of trial is going. Nothing is done without the procedure.

feeling sad for my friend's uncle. :'(

Ab tera kaya hoga kaliya :-/

David Bergman's blog:

Bangladesh War Crimes Tribunal

Bangladesh War Crimes Tribunal

This is a personal blog, and any views are solely mine. I am a Bangladesh based journalist who until September 2012 worked as Editor, Special Reports for the Bangladesh national newspaper, New Age. Prior to that, between March and September 2010, I had worked as a senior editor and reporter at the news website, bdnews24.com and beforethat I spent seven months at the Bangladesh newspaper, the Daily Star, setting up a small investigations unit. Between 2000 and 2009, I was the Executive Director of the Centre for Corporate Accountability, a UK based not-for-profit organisation concerned with workplace safety. Before that, I worked as a Television journalist and producer for about seven years working mainly for the television production company, Twenty Twenty Television in London. In 1995, I was involved in making the Royal Television Society award winning Channel Four documentary, the 'War Crimes File', a film about war crimes allegedly committed by three men during the 1971 War of Indpendence. I have lived in Dhaka since 2003.

Bangladesh was doing well economically, but this would push it back.

This needless political divide might sink Bangladesh.

It is good to see that critical thinking, free mind and speech is taking hold in Bangladesh and critics are waking up to nonsense which is responsible for making the lives of millions of people around world into miserable mess while benefiting few who call themselves custodian of two holy mosques!

Indeed.

One has to ask how a poor, 3rd world nation with a 90% Muslim population would go to that limit as if Islam is the biggest problem.

There are many other critical issues such as population control, democracy development, food and energy security and unemployment. I do not see them protesting over those. One has to ask whether there are more nefarious goals of this initiative.

Secularism, tolerance and plurality is the future my friend!

a few emotional Islamist will die very soon the new generation demands educations, employment and life style..not shariah, purdah and tasbeeh!

Bangladesh is for Bengali people, forgien doctrines are creating fractures among the socio-ethinic harmony of a country!

It's not so easy to 'ban' all religious-based politics in Bangladesh. Islam is the nation's state religion, and the status of that is not the decision of this so-called 'new generation'.

Let them have a referendum regarding the status of religion-based politics. Let the people vote. And if Islam is still the state religion, it's fine. If not, then that is also fine.

Any other way would only prove the secularists as bull-headed, immature and visionless individuals just like the Islamists are as you assume. So much for plurality.

Independence minded, Mumin Muslims of Bangladesh had better jot down the names and activities of these agents of Hindostan. Irrefutable evidence of their crimes for trial/execution at a later date must be stored for the future.

These idiots have a sudden urge to precipitate their own demise. Do these imbeciles believe they will be reincarnated as one of their 'rat gods' and relieved of all their miseries?

@idune People like Mafuz Anam make a lot of money. Proochoor poisha mare!

I wonder if he and his ilks along with his newspaper would get into trouble over this in the future. If memory serves, they never got into any trouble during the BNP/Jamaat administration.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom