What's new

Promoting anti-science via textbooks - by PERVEZ HOODBHOY

Hoodybhoy has been working on an agenda, did anyone notice that? Not surprisingly he had beef with Dr.Atta-ur-Rehman as well.

Here is one article that might interest some members:
https://ruzmnama.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/the-untold-story-of-dr-pervez-hoodbhoy/
well i think mister hoodybhoy was raising a fair point about unnecessary merger of one subject into other in pakistan. this thread had to do more with our authors and text books and evolution example was only given to prove a point how a subject are being mangled in pakistan
but that troll derailed it and everyone start discussing a non issue of evolution here.

I'm glad you told me this, I was wondering in 1000, 2000 years will men turn into mice (which some women have already managed to do intrinsically), or will mice turn into men? :D

Hahah that's what I study... and I believe In that too. By changing a single nucleotide you can change the whole outlook of an individual..

It's another long story that how a single bacteria gave birth to so much species... as biology says.. let it be pending on some other time..;)

Damn looks like i really missed a good discussion here. :frown:

Ap tab pizza Pakanay main masroof thay..Yahhan to barhi tabahi machi kal @Hell hound fasaadi ki wja se.. par ab sab thanday ho gay hain.. Ap kahen to aag lga detay hain...:D

This guy is a stain on ismaili community which it self descended from fatmid empire and are extremely patriotic

Hoodybhoy has been working on an agenda, did anyone notice that? Not surprisingly he had beef with Dr.Atta-ur-Rehman as well.

Staunchly against pakistan, staunchly against islam, staunchly against pak nuclear programe, staunchly against economic developement (took a stay in court to delay k3 and k4 nuclear plants..over turned by court) staunchly against any progress in islamic world.. mental slave of west... extremely biased and very narrow minded...pretending to be libral ...
Why such people choose to live in pakistan while they despise every thing about this country and religion and why dont they fck off to lands of their masters is beyond me...

Me be their masters want their dogs to bark but dont like sharing their dinner tables with them

We have respectable female members on this forum. It would be best if you were not crude and cheap.

Sir you better fasten your seat belts. We are discussing biology and anatomy. It would be academic dishonesty if we don't convey the knowledge with brevity.

@Mrc we often see cats eating grass. Some say they eat it when they have bad stomach but grass has numerous benefits for them.

http://m.petmd.com/cat/wellness/evr_ct_eating_grass

Now how do the cats know that grass is beneficial for them if they don't have ancient relation with it?

But last i remember darwin theory is even rejected by scientists based on the fact there are no intermediary species between baboons and humans ... if there is something as evaluation then there should be some intermediary ...

I dont think why do you people are so much anti religion ... the theory even rejected by scientists and you are condemning islam ... :hitwall:
probably they have accepted their fore fathers as baboons and they are happy with it.

I would love this Hoodboy have a debate with late Ahmad Deedat ..
remember a debate/ discussion just for the sake of it is utterly useless and time wastage. discussion done only for the sake of getting and conveying knowledge is fruitful and the stubborn ones never get the right track.

Most here dont include me bhai jaan ham to semi gornamaint eskol mein parhain hain :D
Full govt schools ki bhi yahi book thi waisey
I am also from semi.gov school and now enjoys membership of one of the most elite professional association of Pakistan ..
well i do not want to be such a bummer
but 99.9 percent scientists in USA believes in evolution
over all about 0.15 scientist belies in some sort of creationism in some poles..
this idea that its just a theory and is rejected by most scientist(those 0.15% once).. came from the clergy..
and truth is
You remember wrong, Darwin's theory was never "rejected". First of all long before Darwin it was established that living beings evolve. Darwin's own grandfather was one of the pioneers of the theory of Evolution. Darwin explained what the mechanism for the above was, and so came his theory of evolution through natural selection. The theory proposed by Darwin has evolved over time, with the discovery of DNA helping scientists better understand how this actually happens.

About the baboons and humans example, baboons and humans are distant cousins evolved from same ancestors. I dont understand what intermediary species you are looking for in between them. If you are talking about the common ancestor and the species that they evolved into, there are many many fossils available. You just need to google.

Man if baboons are our cousins then who are our brother sister and close cousins ? How in the world there is just one specie which evolved into such smart creature and there is no one resembling them ...

There is difference between evolution and darwin ... Evolution is our dna changes by time by adjusting as per environment but there is no link between us and baboons ... Not as per dna ...
probably they have accepted their fore fathers as baboons and they are happy with it.

remember a debate/ discussion just for the sake of it is utterly useless and time wastage. discussion done only for the sake of getting and conveying knowledge is fruitful and the stubborn ones never get the right track.

I agree it is useless to debate with these stubborn stupids ...

Sir you better fasten your seat belts. We are discussing biology and anatomy. It would be academic dishonesty if we don't convey the knowledge with brevity.

@Mrc we often see cats eating grass. Some say they eat it when they have bad stomach but grass has numerous benefits for them.

Now how do the cats know that grass is beneficial for them if they don't have ancient relation with it?

You are treading a very thin line, my friend.

Best one to answere this would be a cat but what they eat (usuaaly fungus) has natural substances against bacteria...like antibiotics ... like penicillin...how do they know it...ONLY GOD KNOWS

Having thought about it.... we the bastions of darwins evilution only found penicillin 150 years ago...

And primitive cats know about it since eternity

The people doubting evolution should read about lactose metabolism in humans and its progression in last few thousnd years , but anyway science is futile in this thread.

Hoodbhoy in general is right when it comes to Pakistanis, and Muslims elsewhere, and how we respond to science.

I recall a lecture of his I saw a video of where he breaks down the kind of responses we have as people. And for those doubting evolution, it's a fact. The theory of evolution, evolution through natural selection, is a very strong case for explaining evolution as a fact, and observed phenomenon.

And please don't dismiss it as 'just a theory', scientific theories are not guess work, those would be hypotheses.
I don't see any of you doubting gravity because of the theory gravity and taking a chance jumping off the edge of a cliff, why is it open season on selective subjects like evolution?

Whats the point of his being/not being an Agha Khani? Why should it matter. It is everyones Pakistan, not just sunni wahabi mullahs. I am not Agha Khani but the reasons for the state of Pakistani society is that everyone calls every other stone his own and sits on it. He does not try to build bridges but is locked in the superiority of his own culture/sect. When a person presents an alternative version of events the response rather than to constructively present your own version of events is to attack the persons sect or whichever group he belongs to. This is a canard because a person should not be judged by his sect/ethnicity but by his intellect.

Back
Top Bottom