What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

Remember Ex ACM PAF saying that "TFX is in line with PAF needs".
Pakistani awam suffers from short term memory loss:

1645539009000.png

My mann This was probably one of the biggest defense news in the last 2 years.. That requires own thread and potentially a 50-100 page thread..

We are discussing a different idea among the team and will most probably come up with something for the ease & interests of members to cover subject. Give it some time and let us all not rush into things.

Regards,

You know I'm always quite critical concerning the time-frame and goals of the TFX/MMU and even more a potential Pakistani involvement, however this ... ?? :what:

How reliable is this statement?

View attachment 817477

Since their CEO was here definately some kind of framework is being set.
@JamD @PanzerKiel @Quwa

I don't like to repeat myself so here are a bunch of posts from the past year basically confirming collaboration with Turkey. Obviously, I didnt give a source but now you guys can be sure. @HRK @Bilal Khan (Quwa) @kursed know exactly what I am talking about.

Also, Kotil is a very good salesman on top of being an engineer. He says what you want to hear. He is obviously blowing Pakistan's involvement out of proportion to make the Pakistanis around him happy and excited. Dr.Riaz next to him is PAF and has worked on our attempt at Azm. He may have played a role in the collaboration with Turkey. However, I maintain that we collaborated too late to be anything more than an advance customer.

An idara friend said he was offered and is seriously considering an extended posting to Turkey for project Azm. Not sure if it's just for training or some kind of collaboration.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)
You must have noticed the unusual number of visitors to Turkey these past couple of months. There have been way more interactions of relatively lower level officials as well. The modalities and possibilities of Pak Turk cooperation are being worked out. That there will be "boots on the ground" in Turkey is confirmed, what they'll do there is being worked out. So good news I think.

Boots = people (engineers) and not soldiers. Sorry for abusing the expression :)

Me. Some are already there, some are going.

Sure but I mean in an official capacity for multiyear tours.

Boys main confusion kafi hai. Laikin jarahay hain saman pack lol.

Project AZM will become that TFX. There is some groundwork in that direction already that may not lead to anything though.

Believe me I know. PAF is dragging its feet and not committing to local Azm or TFX-Azm for now. Even now it is too late for any meaningful collab/input from our side if it is to be TFX-Azm, and PAF still hasn't decided. The TFX has gone through a lot of refinement and all PAF is doing is analyzing it to see if it fits the Azm ASR. Once they've done that, they'll decide. At that point it'll be closer to a buy than a collaboration.

Looks like a perfect decision now you have 2 different options available. TFX will give access to western systems and there is always option for Chinese one.

One thing which I wonder about is how it will effect Chinese option as both TFX and j35 have almost similar design and capability.

PAF can go for J 20 with TFX but it looks little off as TFX will not be available in near future. Where as J 35 might be available in say 5 years. In that case can both PAF and Turkey increase the size of TFX. That looks bit out of reach for bot countries.

If confirmed this will be the best and the greatest thing ever happened to PAF and Pakistan.
We really need access to Western / European technology and this one program can make all our dreams come true. Program is already well in progress and just imagine our building parts or the whole 5th generation aircraft.
Simply amazing news .

Looks like a perfect decision now you have 2 different options available. TFX will give access to western systems and there is always option for Chinese one.

One thing which I wonder about is how it will effect Chinese option as both TFX and j35 have almost similar design and capability.

PAF can go for J 20 with TFX but it looks little off as TFX will not be available in near future. Where as J 35 might be available in say 5 years. In that case can both PAF and Turkey increase the size of TFX. That looks bit out of reach for bot countries.

TFX is heavy fighter
J31 is medium weight fighter same like KF21/IFX

Back
Top Bottom