What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

So, what worries me now is that we have foreign companies opening up in the NSTP doing exactly that, looking for outside, organic research to fund. I wonder if this may result in a bidding war of sorts internally.
So here's something extremely interesting and weird that I found out today. I didn't know the best place to put this so I am just putting it here. Apparently a delegation from Turkish Aerospace Industries is on a tour of big US aerospace universities. They are asking for everyone's research possibly to fund. My advisor believes they are only here phishing for ideas and the latest trends. He may be right.

So here's something extremely interesting and weird that I found out today. I didn't know the best place to put this so I am just putting it here. Apparently a delegation from Turkish Aerospace Industries is on a tour of big US aerospace universities. They are asking for everyone's research possibly to fund. My advisor believes they are only here phishing for ideas and the latest trends. He may be right.

It's an old tactic. What do you think thousands of Chinese students do in US? Many have been banned with specific subjects restricted to Chinese nationals.

Last edited:
I wanna see project azm something like this beast. Stealth and long range

Attachments

• httpss3.amazonaws.comthe-drive-stagingmessage-editor%2F1542190076825-f-23-10_1920.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 191
  • httpss3.amazonaws.comthe-drive-stagingmessage-editor%2F1542190225699-f-23_11_1920.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 160
  • httpss3.amazonaws.comthe-drive-stagingmessage-editor%2F1542190308478-dd11331cc.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 165
It's an old tactic. What do you think thousands of Chinese students do in US? Many have been banned with specific subjects restricted to Chinese nationals.

Hi

Same thing happened to the iranian students a few decades ago.

were not given admission to study nuc physics here in the US

Tempest seems to borrow alot from the YF-23(which is what the piccies are of). Seems like YF-23 was too far ahead of its time the first time it came out !!!
One can only imagine where US actually is, ahead of any if not on material but at least on papers since decades. YF-23 was extremely low RCS even compared to Raptors.

I am really eager to see what US has in its sleeve for next gen

Tempest seems to borrow alot from the YF-23(which is what the piccies are of). Seems like YF-23 was too far ahead of its time the first time it came out !!!

upload_2020-2-18_16-48-19.png

This is one of the original flying prototypes of YF-23 now at a museum in SoCal.

Difficult to believe this was conceptualized and built in the 80's to early 90's.

Serves as a lesson for others to never underestimate the US.

@Cookie Monster Finally got around to posting a pic from that trip! LOL!

they might come as south Koreans for all you know
cant tell a difference can you? if they been living there and have correct accent and passport to back it up too lol

Hi

Same thing happened to the iranian students a few decades ago.

were not given admission to study nuc physics here in the US
I heard Pakistanis are also banned from some disciplines but then again that ban might have been lifted as most only come to seek job and nationalities and not really keen on studying physics and math.

One can only imagine where US actually is, ahead of any if not on material but at least on papers since decades. YF-23 was extremely low RCS even compared to Raptors.

I am really eager to see what US has in its sleeve for next gen
its test met all and even surpassed all the requirements set for the 5th Gen but Raptor was adapted for its more maneuverability over stealth.

cant tell a difference can you? if they been living there and have correct accent and passport to back it up too lol

I heard Pakistanis are also banned from some disciplines but then again that ban might have been lifted as most only come to seek job and nationalities and not really keen on studying physics and math.

its test met all and even surpassed all the requirements set for the 5th Gen but Raptor was adapted for its more maneuverability over stealth.

Hi,

You can easily tell the difference between the chinese and the koreans---.

There is ways around this, like citizens of origin, you can't stop em unless you want to get sued, literally thousands of top students in Yankee unis are Asian, studying in all the latest research.

There is ways around this, like citizens of origin, you can't stop em unless you want to get sued, literally thousands of top students in Yankee unis are Asian, studying in all the latest research.

Hi,

Yes you can---and there is no way around it---. There is no such thing at suing if US govt bars certain ethnicities from joining certain fields---.

The applicant will be 'black balled'---. Never under estimate the good old white boy network---.

View attachment 607085

This is one of the original flying prototypes of YF-23 now at a museum in SoCal.

Difficult to believe this was conceptualized and built in the 80's to early 90's.

Serves as a lesson for others to never underestimate the US.

@Cookie Monster Finally got around to posting a pic from that trip! LOL!
Did u take that pic of grey ghost? YF23 is one of my favorite aircrafts of all time. I loved the two prototypes that were made(Black Widow and Grey Ghost) and the fact that it lost out to YF22 makes it more like "the one that got away".

Did u take that pic of grey ghost? YF23 is one of my favorite aircrafts of all time. I loved the two prototypes that were made(Black Widow and Grey Ghost) and the fact that it lost out to YF22 makes it more like "the one that got away".

Yes I have a bunch more.

It’s from the Western Museum of Flight in Long Beach.

Check it out if you get the chance.

It was surreal to actually touch this plane.

I still remember being in 6th grade and following the ATF program in the early 90’s by reading the monthly military aviation magazine at my local deli as I walked home from school to get info about what’s going on.

Yes, the pre internet days!

I am absolutely convinced the US is far and away ahead of anyone else in the world in the field of military aviation.

Yes I have a bunch more.

It’s from the Western Museum of Aviation in Long Beach.

Check it out if you get the chance.

It was surreal to actually touch this plane.

I still remember being in 6th grade and following the ATF program in the early 90’s by reading the monthly military aviation magazine at my local deli as I walked home from school to get info about what’s going on.

Yes, the pre internet days!
Same...I've been obsessed with fighter jets for as long as I can remember. I also remember following the ATF program(I was a kid back then). I was rooting for YF23. Idk why(I didn't understand the technical details at the time nor were they disclosed for YF22/YF23) but for some reason YF23 was my personal favorite(still is). Since then...I've scoured the internet to read up on YF23(anything I could find) and seen all the documentaries on it. Lol it's a never ending obsession. Once I finish with school stuff I'll definitely go check it out.

Back
Top Bottom