What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

An interesting post by messiach I stumbled across, in addition to the last one I posted that supports the assertion Azm is an evolution from the JF-17 - meaning new airframe with single engine, rather than something radically different (like a twin engined delta canard)

Hi,

Paf does not like delta canards other than the gripen---.

When she made the projection---it was for the J31---.

I don't think AZM could be an independent project

With this I agree, but from my understanding the configuation and design of Azm hasn't been finalised yet, so how could then a prototype already be unveiled in a few months?

Rafale is not super fighter. Many analysts all regard Rafale as poor choice for most airforce. Typhoon is best 4.5 generation but French manage to put AESA before Typhoon which still does not have in service with AESA and Rafale has Meteor ready to fire and integrated with their new AESA. Otherwise Rafale is much better suited for French navy and airforce. It is a fighter purposefully developed with French airforce and navy requirements acting simultaneously.

India choose it over Typhoon because it has Meteor and the AESA but other areas, Rafale is really more suitable for French who selected Rafale size for their aircraft carrier. Of course maybe India's situation is fine with this particular fighter over another choice like Su-35 or Typhoon. But I think India's requirements in MCA competition demand some domestic production and technologies from winner. Of course now these are changing a lot in details but French win this contract not just due to performance and suitability but also some decisions based on Indian production, assistance with engine development and other technology offers to India.

If the problem for PAF become about range of missiles and radar range, which India realized last year they are shorter than PAF, then stealth fighters will be much better than blk3. Can PL-15 with air cooled small AESA unit perform better than faster Rafale and larger more powerful missile and radar? PAF will need many more blk 3 to balance 36 Rafale then.

AZM program needs to be the real counter response to Rafale and not blk 3. Blk 3 is building up backbone high quantity force slowly for large scale war.

AZM first flight cannot be envision earlier than 2030s, so we have to forgets AZM in current scenario. Our only hope in a defensive War with Indian Rafale is rest with Blk-3 for the time being or F16 Block 70-72s (If fluke and luck again find ourselves, somehow).

AZM first flight cannot be envision earlier than 2030s, so we have to forgets AZM in current scenario. Our only hope in a defensive War with Indian Rafale is rest with Blk-3 for the time being or F16 Block 70-72s (If fluke and luck again find ourselves, somehow).

I think AZM will be based on FC-31 which China is now developing into navy fighter. I do not believe Pakistan is developing its own totally new 5th generation fighter. So AZM first flight may be the same flight as J-35 first flight.

I think AZM will be based on FC-31 which China is now developing into navy fighter. I do not believe Pakistan is developing its own totally new 5th generation fighter. So AZM first flight may be the same flight as J-35 first flight.

As per @messiach AZM is a clean sheet Design.

Back
Top Bottom