What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

How Can a Strategic Project Like AZM is off the shelf buy for PAF, sounds ridicules.
If Indeed FC-31/J-35 = Project AZM than at least there would be an 50:50 rights partnership arrangements somewhere, just like we see in JF-17 between PAC & CAC. Exception of that kind of arrangement at any level, its only foolish to believes that Pakistan will go ahead to treat Project AZM=FC-31/J-35.
At this stage any partnership in FC31 will be very expensive as you would have to buy your way into it; meaning buying aircraft and paying more for whatever technology you can absorb. As I understand this would be nearly impossible due to the financial situation.
Project AZM seems an indigenous design with of course some components procured from elsewhere. It is ambitious and a step in the right direction. The output of this programme can only be speculated upon at this stage but lets hope for the best.

At this stage any partnership in FC31 will be very expensive as you would have to buy your way into it; meaning buying aircraft and paying more for whatever technology you can absorb. As I understand this would be nearly impossible due to the financial situation.
Project AZM seems an indigenous design with of course some components procured from elsewhere. It is ambitious and a step in the right direction. The output of this programme can only be speculated upon at this stage but lets hope for the best.
Why are you getting so upset about acquaring J-31 by PAF from China.:pakistan::china:i belive Pakistan join this J-35 project...

After the picture on C 130 and model in PAF chiefs meeting I guess it should be clear that till no PAF is looking at a completely plan from F 31 and TFX.

However induction of either F 31 or TFX doesn't mean AZAM is dead. Just like UK buying F 35 doesn't mean Eurofighter os tempest is dead.

Project azm stealth fighter is the improved version of j31 , u can call it jf35 or something . Its maiden flight wld be around 2024/25 as hinted by paf before . Reason of making it a separate project for integration and support western + turkish parts n skills.
I don't know whether you are speculating or speaking to actual information but what you have said seems like the most reasonable and logical option. Other options would have made me feel very afraid for PAC but this option (if true) suggests the people at PAC are looking at things practically/realistically (and not making the same mistake as our neighbors to the East).

So its just a Chinese jet in PAF colors :what:
You could argue the same for the JF-17 but nobody is under any doubts about how good that program has been for Pakistan's air force and aerospace industry. I would speculate the JF-17 development model will be followed, but better. Better in the sense that unlike the JF-17, China is set to induct some version of the aircraft as well, which means we can possibly integrate PAC into supply chains for China.

I don't know whether you are speculating or speaking to actual information but what you have said seems like the most reasonable and logical option. Other options would have made me feel very afraid for PAC but this option (if true) suggests the people at PAC are looking at things practically/realistically (and not making the same mistake as our neighbors to the East).

You could argue the same for the JF-17 but nobody is under any doubts about how good that program has been for Pakistan's air force and aerospace industry. I would speculate the JF-17 development model will be followed, but better. Better in the sense that unlike the JF-17, China is set to induct some version of the aircraft as well, which means we can possibly integrate PAC into supply chains for China.
Yep. In addition to cost savings via economies of scale (read: PLAAF/PLAN orders) and supply chain integration, the only other thing I'd hope for is actual technology competency. In other words, we should never be at a point where we can't or don't know how to integrate our choice of weapons and subsystems to the fighter in Pakistan.

W

Where did you get the idea anyone was upset? I am talking about 'partnership' in FC31/ J31.
Oops sorry bro maybe i taken in wrong way if that happen it will be a great news but right now no updates from both sides...:pakistan::china:

A good post. The problem remains one of coinciding interests. I want to mention the Indian efforts with the Kaveri project and inspite of support from all and sundry they did not succeed. There are a lot of hurdles to cross for us to start producing engines even for licence production. However I understand the need to start somewhere. It depends on money as well as effort. We can do the later but without the former we will struggle. We also are decades behind inmetalurgy and have been criminally negligent in not establishing specialized steel plants and introducing post graduation in metallurgy. The Germans in the mid 50s offered to set up steel plants for us. However they wanted smaller units in multople sites. We elected to go big in one site and have suffered and the steel mill is now closed. Bhutto in his ill thought out nationalization destroyed the only private venture to manufacture specialized steel on Pakistan. We have been set back at least 20-30 yrs by that egomaniac.
A
Sir what is holding us back from doing it now. I remember having asked u
Noone belives pakistan can do it alone..point was can we build pc-7. We already do
What is pc7?

Sir what is holding us back from doing it now. I remember having asked u

What is pc7?
My brother. Read my post again. Time and money plus no metallurgical base and R&D.This is not something we can do overnight. Establish Special steel plants go on to bike and car engines and build industry from there.you will need 30 years and 30 billion dollars and your demand will be ???24 engines. much better to spend money elsewhere

My brother. Read my post again. Time and money plus no metallurgical base and R&D.This is not something we can do overnight. Establish Special steel plants go on to bike and car engines and build industry from there.you will need 30 years and 30 billion dollars and your demand will be ???24 engines. much better to spend money elsewhere
Make sense.
Building jet engines is not a profitable business.
Better to start with engines for civil car or tanks if setting up industry base is concerned.

Recently a Chinese member posted that it is confirmed that China will not allow any partner for J-35 program and considering that it is reported that AZM is supposed to be a clean sheet design, is it possible that China wishes to build another 5th gen fighter besides J-20 and J-35?
@araz @IblinI @Aamir Hussain @Quwa

Back
Top Bottom