What's new

Featured Project Azm: Pakistan's Ambitious Quest to Develop 5th Generation Military Technologies.

I actually believe (from my limited knowledge of aerodynamics) that the J-10 is superior aerodynamically to the J-31. I say this because of some variables like:

1. Superior wing loading
2. Delta canard design

Care to explain since when a delta canard design is per se an aerodynamically superior design? Neither the F-22, the Su-57 or Su-27-series are delta canards and aerodynamically quite superior design to many other types including delta canard designs?

AZM will be as indigenous as JF17 is ........ Except for some change in %age :coffee:
It will have more indigenous contents than JF-17, Design will be ours, avionics and AESA could be JV either with Turkey or China, Engine will definitely foreign (Chinese)

One again ... the WS-10 and even more the WS-15 are out of reach for Pakistan, so forget this in the same way there won't ever be a J-15 or J-16 in PAF-colours or even a twin-engined Super-JF-17.

Indeed, for the first time I agree ... in the same way Germany will never ever again develop and build a true fifth or even sixth generation fighter regardless their vastly greater experience and availability to missing systems on the open Western market, such a type alone in terms of Pakistan "indigeneous development" is anyway on the edge of being overambitious.

Why would the WS-10 be out of reach for Pakistan?

The fuselage of the first KF-X prototype at KAI’s assembly facility in Sacheon.
fg_3239399-jdw-6820.jpg

Hope PAF will follow same standards.

An interesting post by messiach I stumbled across, in addition to the last one I posted that supports the assertion Azm is an evolution from the JF-17 - meaning new airframe with single engine, rather than something radically different (like a twin engined delta canard)

Project development is in logical steps. Its always easy sticking to mature designs. The next fighter would be logical evolution of block3. F7 > F7pg | fc1-1 > fc1-2 > fc1-3 > FGF.

An interesting post by messiach I stumbled across, in addition to the last one I posted that supports the assertion Azm is an evolution from the JF-17 - meaning new airframe with single engine, rather than something radically different (like a twin engined delta canard)

The JF-17 has nothing to do with the legacy Mig-21 design or the F-7/PG. The JF-17 is based on the Mig-33 concept and redesigned with Mikoyan's input with lateral intakes instead of the single ventral intake on the original Mig-33 design concept. Another person's opinion, and false one at that, is not proof of anything.

The JF-17 has nothing to do with the legacy Mig-21 design or the F-7/PG. The JF-17 is based on the Mig-33 concept and redesigned with Mikoyan's input with lateral intakes instead of the single ventral intake on the original Mig-33 design concept. Another person's opinion, and false one at that, is not proof of anything.

Super 7 was the original plan.

If not for the fortune of the Russians willing to help.

Those are examples of 2 different evolution that we witnessed.
Example 1: F7 > F7/PG
Example 2: FC-1 Block-I > Block-II > Block-III > FGF.

She didn't mean to relate F7 to Thunder at all.

Those are examples of 2 different evolution that we witnessed.
Example 1: F7 > F7/PG
Example 2: FC-1 Block-I > Block-II > Block-III > FGF.

She didn't mean to relate F7 to Thunder at all.
I think you meant to use this ‘<‘

Except a few months after that post the CAS said the ASR is twin engine. So, in all likelihood, they abandoned plans for an incremental step from the JF-17 and moved to look at joining one of FC-31 or TF-X.

Back
Top Bottom