What's new

Program on Tirah Valley Operation

Bhai hamain bhi aik do plots dila to phir.

BTW, these days even Brig are getting apartments, not plots, last I heard. There's a balloting process ongoing these days, which determines who gets a plot and who gets an apartment.

Again, it's just what I heard and I know. From what I also know, the reward varies with the rank's other achievements.

None are headed by active service personal.. chawlien na mar.

And my father did Hajj this year with his own money, and so called plots etc are paid by through his pay & various funds which are covered by his pay.
The “bunglow” is a fuking flat now till the rank of a Col & Brig. For which he has to pay throughout his service and from his pension after retirement. The so caller bunglows/ flats are built on , no profit no loss basis on useless lands owned my the military and nough money is made by contractors and housing department.

A major doesnt get any vehicle apart from his official/sarkari jeep with 1 driver and a gunmen.. which he cant take anywhere except for work.

Staff Car with limited fuel is given to Gen officers (Brig and Above).

My brother is one and hes living in a MOQ.. which is essentially a fuking 2 bedroom flat!

Fuk off. Your sarkari doctor papa made more money than an army officer 10 years his senior.

So easy for you to say that. In that that time and age, if my dad was ever to retire, he would only have gotten Rs 5000 pension.

I said from what I know and have heard. I cannot provide a source except my own perspective. If you have source of information would be much appreciated.
But back to point, so then how much % of the pay is taken out or pension is taken to fund the flats or bungalow? If you don't mind doing the numbers.

Again, it's just what I heard and I know. From what I also know, the reward varies with the rank's other achievements.

So easy for you to say that. In that that time and age, if my dad was ever to retire, he would only have gotten Rs 5000 pension.

I said from what I know and have heard. I cannot provide a source except my own perspective. If you have source of information would be much appreciated.
But back to point, so then how much % of the pay is taken out or pension is taken to fund the flats or bungalow? If you don't mind doing the numbers.
You should blame it on your dad's employer whoever that is, not on the army.
The army has worked hard since 1953 to earn the financial structure they have now to support 92 lakh disabled , sick , and retired personnel and their families. It was only 1.8 caror rupees left by the British which they grew up to 20 Billion Dollars. A monumental and appreciable work.
Dont be jealous ;)

I dont know how much he paid all his life.. but after retirement have to pay around 11-12ish million for the fuking flat in askari... on top of that amount that he had been deducting from his pay.

This is a reason why most people sell their houses or plots to pay for the retirment house.

Last edited:
None are headed by active service personal.. chawlien na mar.

And my father did Hajj this year with his own money, and so called plots etc are paid by through his pay & various funds which are covered by his pay.
The “bunglow” is a fuking flat now till the rank of a Col & Brig. For which he has to pay throughout his service and from his pension after retirement. The so caller bunglows/ flats are built on , no profit no loss basis on useless lands owned my the military and nough money is made by contractors and housing department.

A major doesnt get any vehicle apart from his official/sarkari jeep with 1 driver and a gunmen.. which he cant take anywhere except for work.

Staff Car with limited fuel is given to Gen officers (Brig and Above).

My brother is one and hes living in a MOQ.. which is essentially a fuking 2 bedroom flat!

... off. Your sarkari doctor papa made more money than an army officer 10 years his senior.
Whether they get a Suzuli mehran or ferrari, or a flat or Bungalow, comes from Fauji Foundation's legally earned money and not from National budget. So what is anyone's problem with that?
Same as Army is taking care of their retired personnel , what stops other government organisation from doing the same?

How jealousy clous the little minds like you?
Who stopped whichever organisation your father is working for to arrange the same for their employees?
There is a "Foundation" or "Employees welfare organization" in all Government departments and all are based on same legal framework as Fauji Foundation,
WAPDA , PIA , Police, all have similar charity organizations which are supposed to do similar things as Fauji Foundation and are allowed to do similar businesses as Fauji foundation byt they fail..
I bought a plot in WAPDA housing authority which was a project of WAPDA emplyees welfare trust of some sort, and its been 20 years and the land hasnt been developed and no plots allocated.. These issues dont happen with Fauji foundation projects and hence the popularity and prices? So why their good honest work makes you jealous? They are a 20 billion usd organization due to honest hard work, and others are allowed to do the same but they fail.
About pensions all Armed forces employees are Federal government employees of Grade-5 to Grade 22 and are entitles to all payouts and facilities provided to any other Federal government emplyee including pension, so whats your problem there?

It isn't jealousy, also like... calm down. You are seriously acting like a man child.

I was just making a point that the Army has a much bigger budget, that is the allocation which Pakistan Government provides, and other funds coming from their firms in the country.
I also made it a point to tell you that just because the line members aren't well off, it doesn't mean that the Army is working under very tough conditions, that is a very bias and off-the-target assumption to make based off a picture of a line member. I pointed out that there is, in my opinion, a large imbalance of wealth within the army between low and upper tier, and so that your image doesn't reflect the title.

Whether they get a Suzuli mehran or ferrari, or a flat or Bungalow, comes from Fauji Foundation's legally earned money and not from National budget. So what is anyone's problem with that?
Same as Army is taking care of their retired personnel , what stops other government organisation from doing the same?

No one here has trouble with that, what everyone here is saying is going from the top of your head by a long shot.
It's you claiming that they are a sinless institution, and not well off, as reflected and image attempted to be created via your thread.

P.S: my father server in Kargil & operational areas in Balochistan and KPK (both FC & Army)...while my brother was deployed in fata for fuking years..
Hes a gold medalist from NUST, and got honors from US (ironically his colleagues made fun of his salary, which was the lowest compared to other nationals from Egypt,india,indonesia,Turkey, east europe).

So if i say to you..
"Tou bahut bara BC hay , MC bhii hay, they rii shakal bhii kuttay wali hay, laikin mein app kii bahut tazeem kertaa hoon".. YOu and all GCSE kids do the same.
The thread was not about corruption, it was to highlight a low cost innovation by the army to do protect the borders. The army if so corrupt could have asked contractors to provice expensive camera systems and take their cut in the contract money? They were entitled to do that..
but they did not and instead found a very innovative and cheap way to do the job where other armies in the world would have spent a lot of money.
But the hater inside you failed to see all that and failed to appreciate all that and came up with pleathora of allegations which to this date even the full of grudge judicary could not prove...Hence the hate.

You're unbelievable. I shouldn't be surprised - we live in a time when the internet has given every moron an equal platform as a scholar, but there you go, people still manage to shock us.

The thread was not about corruption, it was to highlight a low cost innovation by the army to do protect the borders.

Yet you yourself decided to title it "Pakistan army eating away at 80% budget". Chor ki dari me tinka. Either you yourself believe that bakwas, or you used to, so you felt you had to write a title which would point towards that and then you can counter it to suit your own inferiority complex.

Honestly, i read the title and thought "here we go, another bhangee or libturd wants to have a bash at the army with misinformation". Instead i find you getting a hard-on at a blue peter special.

After having derailed your own thread from the get go, you then act all surprised and defensive when people mention there is scope for corruption in the armed forces. On top of that you get all precious when asked to provide statistics to back up your own claims.

How old are you? You've never heard about any corruption in the military?

In the background of this screenshot, a Pakistan army soldier can be seen using a "Z" shaped contraption.
Its a self made arrangement with a mirror on each end so that the soldier can see over the wall and into the valley without exposing himself to Terrorist sniper fire.
Militaries of other countries use expensive cameras and other Hi-tech equipment for similar situation. Pakistan army using some cardboard and two mirrors, and it does the job.
There is no other institition in Pakistan who spends the allocated budget in a better and more effecient way than Pakistan army.

50661372_1888449914600517_801431160742739968_n.jpg
No other army In World as well

Bhai ji, 5000 is nonsense.
Your father is probably a senior officer in health department & his salary is probably comfortable and im sure he also has his own private practice too?

At that amount (5000) you are eligible for benazir income support fund lol.

Retired police sepoys make more.

While they may not have a big budget, they have 70+ firms producing money in the country, it is estimated that these firms in total are worth around $20 billion or more. Most notable being DHA, apart from road construction and even fertilizer firms, mainly headed by active personnel.

The Pakistan Army also takes a chunk from Government pensions budget. I still remember, my father was a doctor at a government hospital and was sent for Hajj along with a delegation that included some Army ranks including a captain, somewhere along the talk, the captain told him that he will receive 2 plots in a defense phase, and a separate bungalow after retirement.

My Qari Sahab teaches children of Army ranks (majors i believe), in our talk (when I expressed desire to join PAF) he has told me about how big and well protected their villa's are, they have cars, and when they leave, there is one army vehicle in front and back.
I have seen it myself too.

While the lower tier doesn't get much at all, the upper ranks are well off. And that is something you cannot deny. There is an imbalance of wealth.

This doesn't mean they're taking 80% budget, but it does show how much they make via Army firms.

Just because you show a picture of a line soldier doesn't mean upper ranks are under the same condition.

My friend this use of the term "they" is quite misleading. By using "they", you muddy up exactly who and what you are referring to. If you think that its the Army that is generating money then factually that is incorrect. Army, or any Armed Service, does NOT generate revenue.

If the "they" refers to foundations such as Fauji, Bahria or Shaheen, then do realize that they are civilian (retired-military) run concerns that cater to the needs of the retired personnel and over the years have expanded into retail, banking and other sectors. However none of the money generated by these organizations goes into the coffers of the military!

In the early days of independence, these organizations were given lands by the government to set up industry etc. and they definitely took advantage of this and the tax shelters (because they were being used to help retired personnel transition back into the civilian life), however over time, they have expanded into various areas without much government help. They remain one of the largest contributors of taxes to the government.

Do remind me of how many "active" officer are running DHA etc though. If you delve on the topic of Road construction etc. then do realize that FWO is a military run organization with the task of creating infrastructure in areas where civilians cannot operate (northern areas). Due to the speed and quality of work they have done in the past, recently some of the government contracts have been given to FWO in favor of local civilian contractors based on timelines/schedules.

On the issue of Army taking a chunk of Government pensions budget, that is the norm the world over. Armed forces are a part of the federal government and the needs of their retired personnel have to be catered for in this manner. The issue with any standing military is that it has 3 distinct heads. It needs to be funded for its capital expenditures which comprise everything from an aircraft, tank down to a needle in the FSMO of a jawan. Then it needs to be funded on its operational expenditures which provide the means for the military to keep itself running, i.e. maintenance of its peacetime locations, salaries of its officers and ranks, expenses related to operational exercises, training courses, transport etc. etc. Lastly, the military also needs to be funded for the upkeep of those who have served in its ranks and retired. These retired personnel have the pension budget to thank for.

Hopefully you realize that the naysayers take up issue without understanding all that goes on to maintain a standing armed force. That we continue to keep our military expenditures around 3.5% of the GDP and 18-20% in terms of the defense budget should inform people that the military isn't the money pit that people claim it to be.

the captain told him that he will receive 2 plots in a defense phase, and a separate bungalow after retirement.

My Qari Sahab teaches children of Army ranks (majors i believe), in our talk (when I expressed desire to join PAF) he has told me about how big and well protected their villa's are, they have cars, and when they leave, there is one army vehicle in front and back.

While the lower tier doesn't get much at all, the upper ranks are well off. And that is something you cannot deny. There is an imbalance of wealth.

This I would like to respond to directly as I have first hand experience here. What the Captain told your father is only half true. Whatever he is to receive, he has to pay for it. There is no "free" land or plots being granted to field offers. You have to pay in to get a piece of the land that the Armed Forces decide to give to you. The families of the martyrs and those who are seriously wounded/disabled are definitely granted land for free.

Secondly, the point about a car in the back and the front, not sure what the Qari sahib meant. There is a house granted to officers with families, but again you live in it while you are posted and the onto the next station. The houses do get more cushy the higher the rank. That is a reflection of changing times but in my days in Pakistan, the houses were nothing to write home about. You had to pay for the utilities yourself, as was the case for all other expenses if you were an officer. Getting housing itself was not a straightforward thing because there is never enough housing for the officers and men altogether.

One may ask, why is all this done for those in uniform, on that I could write another page or two but I will spare the space. Suffice it to say, the nature of the job is as such that such things have to be looked after. And this is not specific to Pakistan, having visited foreign military installations overseas, I have seen the same elsewhere too.

Last thing, some corruption happens everywhere. The vast majority of the officers and men in our armed forces don't engage in this. Some do unfortunately. The same as everywhere else. But this does not equate to multi-million dollars of corruption every year or things of that nature.

man the amount of sarcasm just ran over peoples head is truly amazing.

While they may not have a big budget, they have 70+ firms producing money in the country, it is estimated that these firms in total are worth around $20 billion or more. Most notable being DHA, apart from road construction and even fertilizer firms, mainly headed by active personnel.

The Pakistan Army also takes a chunk from Government pensions budget. I still remember, my father was a doctor at a government hospital and was sent for Hajj along with a delegation that included some Army ranks including a captain, somewhere along the talk, the captain told him that he will receive 2 plots in a defense phase, and a separate bungalow after retirement.

This doesn't mean they're taking 80% budget, but it does show how much they make via Army firms.

Just because you show a picture of a line soldier doesn't mean upper ranks are under the same condition.

Dear believe me I am part of financial institution being run by Fauji Foundation, no serving person is part of our management, though in the past the Hr policies were much better than other private institutions but now they are all time low. On the other hand the income of such institutions is used for helping families of martyrs/ disabled soldiers which is a noble cause. I don't know whether some responsible higher cadre person of Fauji Foundation is part of this forum or not. But the higher management should take notice of the miserable conditions of employees in these organisations i.e Leave Fare Assistance which was part of our salary has been taken back, similarly other tough decisions have adversely effected the employees, if situation remains same for some time believe me their shall be a major downfall and then no one will be able to point finger towards Army but on other side there shall be no income for noble causes, due to drain of capable workforce facing hardships in the institutions.

But I guess u are unaware of the fact that yhe plot they get is Bought, Not gifted, u shoudl ask a captain that How much Monthly he pay for those plots or Banglow,

Back
Top Bottom