Progoti eyes big as Japanese car imports drop

Lancer EX and EVO looks quite the same exept
the front grill mesh and it takes 50,000tk to
place some kits and convert it to evo .
Though when it comes to performance
the difference is mind boggling.

With a difference of 130hp its bound to happen
anyways. Evo costs around 58lacs for a new one
and 45lacs for pre-owned(reconditioned)2009+ models.

Well its true but remember ferraris are
naturally aspirated cars without turbos that
screams so loud at 10k rpm that bystanders
wet their pants.
Thats why I love Honda Vtec(typeR) and mazda
engines without turbos.

Anyways EX will do fine, it looks quite awesome.

You guys are comparing Ferari with Lancer???
How dumb it could be?? Ferary uses completely different Chrome based alloyws in their every engine let alone they hand made most parts and assemble them.
I am not familiar with Lancer under the hood but I bet most of the things over there are made of composite materials.

Pajero jeep made by progoti will cost 42 lakh where as the same made in japan jeep will cost around 1,00,00,000 to 1,20,00,000. So, made in bangladesh car will definitely have a good impact...

Are you sure its 42 lakhs?

From Mitsubishi BD website on Facebook, the info doesn't say so.

"Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh | Rangs Limited price of Pajero starts from 152 Lacs BDT. for spec and details you can check our website Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh:: Pajero. or pay a visit to our showroom @ 215 Tejgaon I/A Dhaka
April 10 at 10:45am · Like"

Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh | Rangs Limited - Wall | Facebook

Dude, the cost is the same as a Prado even if the Pajero is assembled here. They also impose duties on the parts needed to assemble the damn thing!

One Rangs official has already stated this:
Despite being a potential country for car-making, Chowdhury said manufacturing is not taking place largely due to an unfavourable tax structure. “The tax rate is the same for imported and manufactured vehicles,” he said

Mitsubishi plans big for Bangladesh

None of the parts needed to assemble the Pajero originate from Bangladesh.

The ASX however starts at 46 lakhs.
Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh:: ASX

And no, it isn't assembled in BD.

You guys are comparing Ferari with Lancer???
How dumb it could be??
Ferary uses completely different Chrome based alloyws in their every engine let alone they hand made most parts and assemble them.
I am not familiar with Lancer under the hood but I bet most of the things over there are made of composite materials.

I wasn't the one comparing, rather the
one revving up the obvious.

"Etto bishaal kolonko amar gae marar aage
chinta kora uchit chilo.":tdown:

If I am not wrong then price will be around 7 lakh taka... which will affordable to majority of the middle class people...:)

Fantastic if it is only Taka 7 Lakhs.

It should flood the Bangladeshi streets!

If I am not wrong then price will be around 7 lakh taka... which will affordable to majority of the middle class people...:)

How can a car with a price tag of approximately 24 lacs (please do correct me if i am wrong) be available at just 7 lacs........... I believe considerable amount of tax still applies and labor cost cannot be that low in BD, or that high in other countries.......... Could you please elaborate upon your estimation??

Thanks

Are you sure its 42 lakhs?

From Mitsubishi BD website on Facebook, the info doesn't say so.

"Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh | Rangs Limited price of Pajero starts from 152 Lacs BDT. for spec and details you can check our website Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh:: Pajero. or pay a visit to our showroom @ 215 Tejgaon I/A Dhaka
April 10 at 10:45am · Like"

Dude, the cost is the same as a Prado even if the Pajero is assembled here. They also impose duties on the parts needed to assemble the damn thing!

One Rangs official has already stated this:
Despite being a potential country for car-making, Chowdhury said manufacturing is not taking place largely due to an unfavourable tax structure. “The tax rate is the same for imported and manufactured vehicles,” he said

Mitsubishi plans big for Bangladesh

None of the parts needed to assemble the Pajero originate from Bangladesh.

The ASX however starts at 46 lakhs.
Mitsubishi Motors Bangladesh:: ASX

And no, it isn't assembled in BD.

Well the price tag varies from 4.2 million to 6 million.... previously I read 4.2 million but in the latest news it is cited as 6 million including 2.7 million tax+ value added tax for the government...

"The Pajero will cost about Tk 6.0 million and the government will get about Tk 2.7 million as tax and value added tax (VAT) for per car, he said.

The new model Pajero will be an upgraded version of V-31, Mr Barua said adding "if anyone wants to import a car of the same model from Japan, he will have to pay Tk 12 million but now he can buy the car at half the cost with the car being locally assembled."

Pragati to assemble Pajero jeeps by January next | PRIYO

Progoti Industries starts assembling Pajero

Thats why I love Honda Vtec(typeR) and mazda
engines without turbos.

No offence, but VTEC is probably the most over rated automotive technology to have ever existed. And no VTEC dissing is complete without this meme.:lol:

vtecjustkickedinyopb2.jpg

No offence, but VTEC is probably the most over rated automotive technology to have ever existed. And no VTEC dissing is complete without this meme.:lol:

vtecjustkickedinyopb2.jpg

Orright but why do you think its overrated?
A 1.6 lter B16A5 produces around 174 HP
without any turbo. Its naturally aspirated and
the VTEV kicks in after 4.5 k RPM upto 9k RPM.
The sound is tremendous so whats so bad.....

How can a car with a price tag of approximately 24 lacs (please do correct me if i am wrong) be available at just 7 lacs........... I believe considerable amount of tax still applies and labor cost cannot be that low in BD, or that high in other countries.......... Could you please elaborate upon your estimation??

Thanks

Well I actually mixed up the car that D8 countries were planning to make with this one. Those car are supposed to be 6-7 lakh taka...

"A car may cost Tk 6 lakh to Tk 7 lakh in Bangladesh if the plant goes into operation, he said at a press conference at his ministry on return from a D-8 meeting in Tehran, the capital of Iran."

Govt plans for car plant

Regarding the mitsubishi sedan it will cost around 12-13 lakh taka where the original price is 24 lakh...

"As per preliminary estimate, the General Manager (Marketing) of PIL Mustafizur Rahman said, local buyers can purchase a 2500 CC Pajero brand jeep at a cost of Taka 40-45 lakhs instead of current market price of an imported one at Taka 70-80 lakhs while a 1500 CC Sedan car at Taka 12-13 lakhs against Taka 22-24 lakhs for an imported one."

http://www.theindependent-bd.com/details.php?nid=147146

Though the link is not working now.

Regarding the pajero jeep progati already assembling mitsubishi pajero jeep and selling it at around 38 lakh taka... I think these are older V6 SUV. The new model will cost around 60 lakh where as the original price is around 12 million taka..

"Now Mitsubishi and Progoti's jointly assembled Pajero V6 SUV is selling at Tk 38 lakh in Bangladesh. "

Mitsubishi plans to assemble two more cars in Bangladesh

N regarding the low price it is mainly due to a very low labor cost then japan and no shipping and import tax though many parts will have to be imported and tax will be imposed on those parts. But the good thing is that Bangladesh is already concentrating o0n making car parts which will reduce the price significantly...

Bangladesh to make automobile parts to enter US market | Bangladesh Economic News

Bangladesh to export car parts

Well I actually mixed up the car that D8 countries were planning to make with this one. Those car are supposed to be 6-7 lakh taka...

"A car may cost Tk 6 lakh to Tk 7 lakh in Bangladesh if the plant goes into operation, he said at a press conference at his ministry on return from a D-8 meeting in Tehran, the capital of Iran."

Govt plans for car plant

Regarding the mitsubishi sedan it will cost around 12-13 lakh taka where the original price is 24 lakh...

"As per preliminary estimate, the General Manager (Marketing) of PIL Mustafizur Rahman said, local buyers can purchase a 2500 CC Pajero brand jeep at a cost of Taka 40-45 lakhs instead of current market price of an imported one at Taka 70-80 lakhs while a 1500 CC Sedan car at Taka 12-13 lakhs against Taka 22-24 lakhs for an imported one."

http://www.theindependent-bd.com/details.php?nid=147146

Though the link is not working now.

Regarding the pajero jeep progati already assembling mitsubishi pajero jeep and selling it at around 38 lakh taka... I think these are older V6 SUV. The new model will cost around 60 lakh where as the original price is around 12 million taka..

"Now Mitsubishi and Progoti's jointly assembled Pajero V6 SUV is selling at Tk 38 lakh in Bangladesh. "

Mitsubishi plans to assemble two more cars in Bangladesh

N regarding the low price it is mainly due to a very low labor cost then japan and no shipping and import tax though many parts will have to be imported and tax will be imposed on those parts. But the good thing is that Bangladesh is already concentrating o0n making car parts which will reduce the price significantly...

Bangladesh to make automobile parts to enter US market | Bangladesh Economic News

Bangladesh to export car parts

The articles you gave are over a year old. A LOT can change in a year. Ask Mitsubishi Bangladesh Facebook page (they'll reply) about a Pajero's price. and see for yourself.

Orright but why do you think its overrated?
A 1.6 lter B16A5 produces around 174 HP
without any turbo. Its naturally aspirated and
the VTEV kicks in after 4.5 k RPM upto 9k RPM.
The sound is tremendous so whats so bad.....

The VTECS that I have driven Accord Euro(iVtec) and Civic Type R the vtec kicks in very late, close to 6000 RPM and redlines at 8000 RPM, so felt very underpowered in the lower revs. I don't know just not my cup of tea. I like torquey cars. My first car, about 7 years ago was a 1997 Mazda MX-6, Jap Import, KLZE engine, non turbo, stock standard. I used to smoke countless civics, preludes, integras, FTO's with that. It even looked better than the 2 door Hondas of its era:D

The VTECS that I have driven Accord Euro(iVtec) and Civic Type R the vtec kicks in very late, close to 6000 RPM and redlines at 8000 RPM, so felt very underpowered in the lower revs. I don't know just not my cup of tea. I like torquey cars. My first car, about 7 years ago was a 1997 Mazda MX-6, Jap Import, KLZE engine, non turbo, stock standard. I used to smoke countless civics, preludes, integras, FTO's with that. It even looked better than the 2 door Hondas of its era:D

Well if you compare a 1.6lt engine with a 2.5 lt thats funny indeed.
Ironically the 1.6 produces more HP then the2.5 lt KL-DE V6 Mazda.
Ofcourse there are variations such as the Rx-8 1300cc.

Well you said the civic felt underpowered try an RSX next time
and remember to downshift .

May be the ones you smoked were actually smoking pots and
I'm not buying it.

Progoti assembled Pajeros aren't probably carried by Rancon Motors.
Though I really can't foresee the price before the first one assembled locally
actually rolls on asphalt.

Rancon is the franchisee for Mercedes. I believe you are referring to Rangs.

Well if you compare a 1.6lt engine with a 2.5 lt thats funny indeed.
Ironically the 1.6 produces more HP then the2.5 lt KL-DE V6 Mazda.
Ofcourse there are variations such as the Rx-8 1300cc.

Horse power doesn't matter when you race someone from the lights, torque does. Besides the B16A5 is a JDM engine, Australian models got less powerful engines. My second car was a 2002 Rx-7 Spirit R(still have it) 1.3 L 2Cylinder engine twin turbo, its a beast, and can take on 4.0 L cars:). Point being displacement of the engine don't matter.

Well you said the civic felt underpowered try an RSX next timeand remember to downshift . May be the ones you smoked were actually smoking pots and I'm not buying it.

As I said earlier, the peak power comes in very late, close to 6000-6500 RPM, down shifting doesn't help, not when you are doing a 0-60 take off anyways. As for believing me, if you ever come down to Sydney I promise you a drag between a Mazda MX-6(KL-ZE) and any Honda Civic/Integra of your choice. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom