What's new

Profiling Nasr and Prahar Missile Systems.

Its due to Pakistan tit for tat answer in 1998, that even after 16 years there is no war. Although Indian urge is so strong to attack Pakistan the only factor prevent them is Nuclear Pakistan.

We always had the capability,as back as 1970s.even then there was no war.

Some more info -

DSC00524.JPG

I think the same TEL model would be used for launching both Prahaar NLOS-BSMs as well as AAD interceptors.

As shown in various expos, it can be mounted either on Tatra or indigenous Tata Motors 12x12 trucks.

DSC00528.JPG

The following poster of Pragati export version (max 170km range) shown during South Korean arms expo details
that 2, 4 and 6-missile configurations are available for mounting on 6x6, 8x8 and 12x12 vehicles respectively. Not
sure if the same can be applied on Prahaar too. Logically, it should be.

ev_500.jpg

BTW, old pictures of the Tata 12x12 individually undergoing road trials -

1359794767A6378.jpg

1359794767b6378.jpg

Last edited:
So Prahaar has 150 km range vs 160 km range of Pragati? More electronics / payload capacity in former missile?

Well prahar was developed was developed based on AAD interceptor,so claiming it would take 7 years like prithvi developed back in the '80s is utter BS.And the author makes Multi-Barrel capability as something unattainable to India,even when India have several multi-barrel systems in service (even Shaurya is ).

Multi-Barrel prahaar

pragati_1383475928_540x540.gif

Indian BMD has nothing to do with US,and uses heavily modified versions of Israeli greenpine Radars.And the claim BMD capability ,because we haven't changed our NFU doctrine,even with changes in our political system ,and BMD capability is essential to defend India from first strike.

View attachment 39469

Can any one explain what does this mean ?

View attachment 39470

I was shocked due to his claim.

His claim is laughable.

Zero credibility of the article.

It claims:
1. Weapon purchases by India destabilize the region. Weapon acquisition by Pakistan stabilizes the region.
2. Economic growth of India destabilizes the region. Economic growth of Pakistan stabilizes the region.
3. West should help Pakistan in bettering the economy because Pakistani's see no economic help to Pakistan as a destabilizing factor.

Basically India bad, Pakistan good. West must support Pakistan for 'balance'. What a bunch of baloney.

That's not right.

When a nation becomes rich, the possibility of it waging a war decreases, as war threatens the prosperity of involved nations.

Case of US is different as it fights war on foreign soils, plus its victory insures enormous gains for it along with profit to its weapon industry.

Barring the independence war and civil war all other major wars fought by US have been fought other continents, which meant mainland US was never threatened.

Gist of the article: Indians are incapable of developing missiles. They are doomed on launch and fall down on their site of launch, And thus pakistan will be saved. Hurrah! May more and more pakistanis believe is such crap pieces.

May I know what incident he is referring to or is it fashion in Pakistani defense circles to write blatant lies about India?

Well,even the president of Pakistan make such weird claims.We all know of 'Pakistan's space research now ahead of India' claim by Gen.Musharraf. :D

Well,even the president of Pakistan make such weird claims.We all know of 'Pakistan's space research now ahead of India' claim by Gen.Musharraf.
Oh yes ... they have a suparco that has done absolutely nothing worthwhile over the ages. Dont blame them. They hardly have any decent budget to fund decent projects.

China always had the capability as back as 1962

by the way we know about ur capbility heard lots of bullshits from your ministers and Army generals about surgical strikes and blaa blaa since last many years lol we are still waiting for that surgical strikes hahahhahaha

Even if i accept your claim.
There is a difference in "what we do" and "what could we do". Even Japan can build a nuclear weapon but they dont. India is responsible for Nuclear South Asia. Its a fact and you cant deny it

India did not have the capability, it was in the process of developing it.There was a war in 71. @Rajput_Pakistani is right on this one.

I said we had capability even back in the 70s,not 1971..

Even if i accept your claim.
There is a difference in "what we do" and "what could we do". Even Japan can build a nuclear weapon but they dont. India is responsible for Nuclear South Asia. Its a fact and you cant deny it

Well,you should check when our first fission devices ( 17kt ones ) were designed.

India Bad
Pakistan good is all i could read in the 'study'

They are unable to digest the fact that how far we are ahead in the field of rocketry
7 years to develop & even more to deploy
what a load of baloney is this :o:
You need to study more... :coffee:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom