What's new

Pro-LTTE website claims IAF operating Runway in Northern Srilanka

thestringshredder

Reaction score
Country
India

23_04_10_iranaimadu_02_86918_445.jpg

Pro-LTTE website Tamilnet.com claims that Indian air force and its personnel is operating a Runway constructed by Liberation Tigers of Tami Eezham (LTTE) in Ira’naimadu in Ki’linochchi which has been handed over to the exclusive use of Indian Air Force (IAF). According to the website Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) personnel have expressed their disapproval of this course of action by Sri Lanka government. The area in which this runway is located in Ira’naimadu falls within the High Security Zone (HSZ) and is strictly out of bounds for low ranking SLA personnel.

Website also claims IAF officers fly routinely between Tamil Nadu and Ira’naimadu besides training SLAF personnel at I’ra’naimadu, the sources said. The runway constructed by LTTE in I’a’naimadu in a strategic jungle area in Ki’linochchi had been considered an extraordinary feat by many military analysts.Some local communication agencies are also said to be offering their assistance to this project.

Link - Pro-LTTE website claims IAF operating Runway in Northern Srilanka | idrw.org

23_04_10_iranaimadu_02_86918_445.jpg

Pro-LTTE website Tamilnet.com claims that Indian air force and its personnel is operating a Runway constructed by Liberation Tigers of Tami Eezham (LTTE) in Ira’naimadu in Ki’linochchi which has been handed over to the exclusive use of Indian Air Force (IAF). According to the website Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) personnel have expressed their disapproval of this course of action by Sri Lanka government. The area in which this runway is located in Ira’naimadu falls within the High Security Zone (HSZ) and is strictly out of bounds for low ranking SLA personnel.

Website also claims IAF officers fly routinely between Tamil Nadu and Ira’naimadu besides training SLAF personnel at I’ra’naimadu, the sources said. The runway constructed by LTTE in I’a’naimadu in a strategic jungle area in Ki’linochchi had been considered an extraordinary feat by many military analysts.Some local communication agencies are also said to be offering their assistance to this project.

Link - Pro-LTTE website claims IAF operating Runway in Northern Srilanka | idrw.org
India actually never pulled out of Sri Lanka. The pull out was fake and done largely to satisfy public opinion. US has a lot to learn from Indian Military policy.

India actually never pulled out of Sri Lanka. The pull out was fake and done largely to satisfy public opinion. US has a lot to learn from Indian Military policy.

Thats right.In public our MMS govt is a
spineless stupid govt.But when it comes to national security no one compromise their responsibility.

I think our government have a lot of military assets outside of our country

spineless stupid govt.But when it comes to national security no one compromise their responsibility.

This works almost without PMO approval. Some strategic interests remain largely autonomous. This is no secret. :)

This works almost without PMO approval. Some strategic interests remain largely autonomous. This is no secret. :)

Usually a CCS secret approval is need for this type of operation.It means
bureacrats can bypass our centre govt.
Only PM knows things like this

So we are there at the behest of LTTE or Sri Lankan govt. ?

so what's the point ? We should kill LTTE terrorist scums through whatever means necessary !

Wrong to give credit to MMS or SONIA or any of these jokers. The only one who deserves mention is NSA Menon.....the guy is leagues above

Wrong to give credit to MMS or SONIA or any of these jokers. The only one who deserves mention is NSA Menon.....the guy is leagues above

You are right.Idiots in our government indeed make a favour by no opposing NSA creative ideas.NSA Menon and his team proposes something for our strategic and national security and our Govt.supports them .Thats what I am talking about.

You are right.Idiots in our government indeed make a favour by no opposing NSA creative ideas.NSA Menon and his team proposes something for our strategic and national security and our Govt.supports them .Thats what I am talking about.

Hey man, folks think I am anti india but I am far from it. But I do everything to correct their views when I see an opportunity or to give them a different pov. Thanks for being civil and keep an open debate. I too can learn quite a bit from you and others

This particular airport / airstrip is used by helitours. For transferring people from Colombo to the northern parts of SL.

Here are some top secret photos from the official SLAF site.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

And here is the SLAF advertising the 'top secret' base which is off limits to SLAF personnel to the general public.

Maiden Landing at New Kilinochchi Airstrip

A Y12 aircraft of the Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) made the inaugural landing at the newly constructed airstrip located in Kilinochchi, a former LTTE stronghold. The landing took place today (July 19, 2011) by an SLAF Y-12 Aircraft piloted by Wing Commander Sarika Aranayake and Squadron Leader Dharshana Dias in the presence of the Commander of the Air Force Air Marshal Harsha Abeywickrama.

The SF Commander Killinochchi, Major General Nandana Udawatte and the Commanding Officer Iranamadu Wing Commander Haily Rupasinghe were also present on the occassion.

The new airstrip which is situated approximately 7 Kms East of the A-9 road and approximately 1 KM away from SF Head Quarters Kilinochchi, was developed from a cleared patch which, it is reported ,the LTTE used as a training area. The airstrip is approximately 1Km long and will facilitate the landing of light aircraft.

The new airstrip, to be referred to as the Kilinochchi Airstrip, will enable the SLAF’s Helitours to carry out routine commercial flights to Kilinochchi from the Ratmalana Air Base.

The introductory price of a one way ticket will be Rs. 7500.00.

The airstrip was developed by the Commanding Officer of SLAF Unit Iranamadu in close coordination with the Directorate of Civil Engineering utilizing the services of the Rapid Runway Repair Wing of the SLAF.
Meanwhile the bigger and longer airstrip at SLAF Unit Iranamadu, which had been previously used by the LTTE, is also presently to be reconstructed to an extent which will enable larger aircraft to land.

Maiden Landing at New Kilinochchi Airstrip | Sri Lanka Air Force

Back
Top Bottom