What's new

Flanker diplomacy: Win-win for India in Asia

We also fought British along with Dutch during 1945-1949....so there is a possibility that Indian soldiers were fighting us (as Britain soldiers) also. So.......it is actually a British fault ....:undecided:.....Actually we attacked Malaysia as well during 1960's because maybe the hate that our leader had at that time to any British Empire....We fought Malaysian, British, and Australian during 1960's war in Borneo...it was ended when Soekarno fell and Soeharto took a lead in around 1966-67

Last edited:
This aggrement is mutually beneficial for Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam and India

I could say it reeks of Jingoism but that would be an understatement.

Other than that, India's expertise on the next gen flanker variants does give it a natural position to offer an alternate training experience than Russia. Moreover, the hybridized nature of Indian flanker variants matches those of many south asian countries. And finally, lower costs along with DACT opportunities offer an all round better training experience.

Hello Indian friends...:-)

You would better read wikipedia....Pakistan-Indonesia relation...to know why we helped Pakistan in 1965.....I have copy paste some part of that wikipedia post....No heart feeling buddies....it was happening in the past

" During the Indonesian National Revolution, Muhammad Ali Jinnah encouraged Muslim soldiers serving in British Indian army to join hands with Indonesians against their fight against the Dutch Empire colonisation of Indonesia. As a result 600-Muslim soldiers of the British Indian Army deserted the colonial forces putting their lot at stake, allied with Indonesians.[4] Out of these 600 soldiers, 500 of them died in war; while the remaining returned to Pakistan or continued to live in Indonesia. As a recognition of Muslim soldiers from Pakistan, during Indonesia Golden Jubilee celebration on August 17, 1995, Indonesia grants Independence War Awards to the living ex Pakistan soldiers and awarded the highest honor Adipura to the Founding Father of Pakistan Mohammad All Jinnah and the Government of Pakistan.[5]

Pakistan's relationship with Indonesia greatly developed under Gen Ayub Khan. During the 1965 war with India, Indonesia offered to provide Pakistan with military help, and 'to seize Andaman and Nicobar Islands' of India so as to distract it from the Kashmir front.[6][7] Indonesia openly supported Pakistan by sending its navy to defend East Pakistan. "
I read it in wikipedia befre you post it.But I need the information about Indonesian military power
can you help us?

We are powerful enough to deter Indonesia
They won't mess with a nuclear power

Compare to other countries ,which countries are more powerful or equal to India? I search in internet
but site show different answers.I just dont go offtopic.I ask this question due to curiosity.Friends can you give a correct answer
On topic, past is past ,India and Indonesia must maintain present bilateral relation.I hope this diplomacy help for that.

Last edited:
I could say it reeks of Jingoism but that would be an understatement.

Other than that, India's expertise on the next gen flanker variants does give it a natural position to offer an alternate training experience than Russia. Moreover, the hybridized nature of Indian flanker variants matches those of many south asian countries. And finally, lower costs along with DACT opportunities offer an all round better training experience.
Those hybridized flankers of the other nations are based on Indian flankers in the first place.

Secondly, a majority of those hybrid flankers of these countries actually have Indian designed and manufactured parts in them.

I read it in wikipedia befre you post it.But I need the information about Indonesian military power
can you help us?

just search "Indonesia Military News" on this forum...there are many post about our military power and hardware by Indonesian poster in this forum. We are more focus on economic development since 1967...thats why today our military is relatively small compare to our GDP size. But during 1960's...our military power was number 1 or 2 in Asia...and there were a target "maybe" to gain Nuclear Power as well...at that time. Thats why we already have 1 nuclear power plant since 1960's...and there are two more after that...All of them are in government hand...but become peaceful oriented since Soekarno fell....Soekarno was very ambitious person...war type of guy .....

Last edited:
Good News...
But we must sell our products too..
Actually..we are only selling 'services' as most of us Indians do worldover...
We must sell military hardwares to be profitable and for a long term relationship..

Hello Indian friends...:-)

You would better read wikipedia....Pakistan-Indonesia relation...to know why we helped Pakistan in 1965.....I have copy paste some part of that wikipedia post....No heart feeling buddies....it was happening in the past

" During the Indonesian National Revolution, Muhammad Ali Jinnah encouraged Muslim soldiers serving in British Indian army to join hands with Indonesians against their fight against the Dutch Empire colonisation of Indonesia. As a result 600-Muslim soldiers of the British Indian Army deserted the colonial forces putting their lot at stake, allied with Indonesians.[4] Out of these 600 soldiers, 500 of them died in war; while the remaining returned to Pakistan or continued to live in Indonesia. As a recognition of Muslim soldiers from Pakistan, during Indonesia Golden Jubilee celebration on August 17, 1995, Indonesia grants Independence War Awards to the living ex Pakistan soldiers and awarded the highest honor Adipura to the Founding Father of Pakistan Mohammad All Jinnah and the Government of Pakistan.[5]

Pakistan's relationship with Indonesia greatly developed under Gen Ayub Khan. During the 1965 war with India, Indonesia offered to provide Pakistan with military help, and 'to seize Andaman and Nicobar Islands' of India so as to distract it from the Kashmir front.[6][7] Indonesia openly supported Pakistan by sending its navy to defend East Pakistan. "

and against it,I'm posting few more news source..

Indo-Indonesia Relation.....................

Three separate security agreements were concluded between their air forces, navies, and armies in 1956, 1958, and 1960, respectively. The air force bilateral agreement envisaged exchange and training of pilots and the sale, loan, and exchange of aircraft spares. The naval agreement provided for cross attachment of naval officers, training exercises, and bilateral visits. Following these agreements, India provided military assistance to Indonesia’s counterinsurgency campaign in the 1950s and both countries conducted their first joint naval exercises in July 1960.

Suharto’s ouster from power in 1998 brought democracy and a more nuanced foreign policy to Indonesia. The post-Suharto period saw a rejuvenated foreign policy bent on cultivating cordial ties with all countries, particularly major regional powers like India which had embarked on a Look East policy by then. The 2005 India-Indonesia Strategic Partnership Agreement was a milestone in Indo-Indonesian bilateral relations. It is not only a resurrection of defense cooperation established during the Sukarno years, it also signaled a positive turn in Jakarta’s perceptions of New Delhi.

In a reprise of defense cooperation during the Sukarno era, Indonesia has resumed defence engagement with India across all branches of the armed forces. The maritime security cooperation is perhaps the most significant, as both countries share a common boundary as littorals of the Indian Ocean. Such cooperation includes coordinated patrols, joint bilateral or multilateral exercises, as well as humanitarian assistance and disaster relief. Cooperation between the air forces is also being discussed, with the recent progress including India’s support and training for the Indonesian Air Force’s Sukhoi fighter jets and pilots. Army-to-army cooperation primarily revolves around counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency. For example, in March 2012, Indian and Indonesian armies conducted their first-ever joint training exercise codenamed “Garuda Shakti” at the Indian Army’s elite Counter Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School (CIJWS) in Mizoram.

What is new in the agreement is defense science and technology cooperation. New Delhi’s maturing defense technology and industry offers an attractive opportunity for Jakarta to develop its defense self-reliance.

However, New Delhi seems reluctant to enter into a technology transfer scheme with Indonesia, as evidenced by Jakarta’s failure to procure the Brahmos supersonic missiles. :undecided:

The Unfulfilled Promise of Indonesia-India Defense Ties | The Diplomat

Indonesia, India take further steps to strengthen relationship | The Jakarta Post

I've even heard that they permanently based some armor in India for training purpose.Indonesia did a lot of "Anti Indian" activities when Suharto was in power.but its 2013,not 1965s anymore.

All these nations planes would turn into flying coffins once Indian mechanics get their hands on them.

I'll not make mockery out of india here but I am wondering why can't hindustan upgrade Mirage 2000s indigenously applying the whole LCA I/II "formula" saving $2B+.

We also fought British along with Dutch during 1945-1949....so there is a possibility that Indian soldiers were fighting us (as Britain soldiers) also. So.......it is actually a British fault ....:undecided:.....Actually we attacked Malaysia as well during 1960's because maybe the hate that our leader had at that time to any British Empire....We fought Malaysian, British, and Australian during 1960's war in Borneo...it was ended when Soekarno fell and Soeharto took a lead in around 1966-67
dont bother buddy.in geo politics what matters is today and tomorrow.not yesterday.so hope will become good defence and trade partners.i recently heard that diwali was made a national holiday there.

Back
Top Bottom