What's new

Prime Minister Imran Khan states ready to help Iran with Flood rescue

AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Reference
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...humanitarian-assistance-to-flood-hit-iran-pm/

Imran-Khan-03-750x369-1.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has offered “humanitarian assistance” to people of Iran, facing unprecedented flooding that has resulted in the death of 70 people.

“Our prayers go to the people of Iran as they deal with unprecedented flooding. We stand ready to provide any humanitarian assistance required,” the prime minister said in a tweet.

According to IRNA, the state-run news agency of Iran, 70 people have lost their lives in the recent floods that hit northern, western and southwestern Iran.

Dozens of villages and towns have been evacuated in southern Iran as authorities issued warnings for a fresh round of flooding in the regions bordering Iraq, home to a number of rivers and dams.

Continuous floods that started in March have so far claimed 70 lives, destroyed infrastructures and displaced thousands of people across Iran.

On Saturday, Iraq officially closed the Chazabeh border crossing after Iranian authorities banned travelling and trade through the border amid flood warnings in the south Iranian province of Khuzestan.

Customs authorities of Khuzestan had called on trade companies on Wednesday to use another border crossing further south as a replacement, Iran’s state news agency IRNA reported.

Last edited:
Reference
https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...humanitarian-assistance-to-flood-hit-iran-pm/

Imran-Khan-03-750x369-1.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has offered “humanitarian assistance” to people of Iran, facing unprecedented flooding that has resulted in the death of 70 people.

“Our prayers go to the people of Iran as they deal with unprecedented flooding. We stand ready to provide any humanitarian assistance required,” the prime minister said in a tweet.

According to IRNA, the state-run news agency of Iran, 70 people have lost their lives in the recent floods that hit northern, western and southwestern Iran.

Dozens of villages and towns have been evacuated in southern Iran as authorities issued warnings for a fresh round of flooding in the regions bordering Iraq, home to a number of rivers and dams.

Continuous floods that started in March have so far claimed 70 lives, destroyed infrastructures and displaced thousands of people across Iran.

On Saturday, Iraq officially closed the Chazabeh border crossing after Iranian authorities banned travelling and trade through the border amid flood warnings in the south Iranian province of Khuzestan.

Customs authorities of Khuzestan had called on trade companies on Wednesday to use another border crossing further south as a replacement, Iran’s state news agency IRNA reported.
I have no love for the Iranian regime but we should help them in their time of need. I understand that they might not need our help but aiding them as a good will gesture might improve our soft power in the country.

I have no love for the Iranian regime but we should help them in their time of need. I understand that they might not need our help but aiding them as a good will gesture might improve our soft power in the country.
You should never hate a people maybe their government and their policies but most people want the same thing you do. You shouldn't lose your humanity in politics

I don't see a difference between Iranians and Saudis in quite honesty nor I have any negative feeling towards Iranians

I think we should have our best relations with such a wonderful nation across our border

Back
Top Bottom