What's new

Pride of China's Navy, Type 052C LUYANG-II Class Destroyer

Wow this is true Stealth cause i cant see it and iam using \-O-O-/AESA-enabled glasses?:blink:

the ship is impressive but does not hav any point defence missiles and has only ciws guns...........nowadays mast mounted radars are given priority because of better field view.........fremm,type-45 destroyer,
nansen class ffg,anti air destroyer(australia),p-15a hav adopted this.........the older burke and other aegis ships of spain,japan,korea adopt the traditionally mounted radars............the addition of the hq-9 give new fleet air defence capabilities.............overall a good ship.......................i hav a question guys i wud be happy if someone answers it .......after korea,japan,russia india is the 3rd non western state to adopt modular shipbuilding(for IAC) does china use a similar advanced method(as china is one of the worlds largest shipbuilding nation).

Last edited:
the ship is impressive but does not hav any point defence missiles and has only ciws guns...........nowadays mast mounted radars are given priority because of better field view.........fremm,type-45 destroyer,
nansen class ffg,anti air destroyer(australia),p-15a hav adopted this.........the older burke and other aegis ships of spain,japan,korea adopt the traditionally mounted radars............the addition of the hq-9 give new fleet air defence capabilities.............overall a good ship.......................i hav a question guys i wud be happy if someone answers it .......after korea,japan,russia india is the 3rd non western state to adopt modular shipbuilding(for IAC) does china use a similar advanced method(as china is one of the worlds largest shipbuilding nation).
Look at this pic

This is the antiair missiles,6*8 missiles
01300000327389122978838510046.jpg

19258839.jpg

Sounds you are unfamilliar with the antiair missiles,
and modular shipbuilding method is a nornal method in building bigger ships,most bigger ships of the world are built through modular method

Look at this pic

This is the antiair missiles,6*8 missiles
01300000327389122978838510046.jpg

19258839.jpg

Sounds you are unfamilliar with the antiair missiles,
and modular shipbuilding method is a nornal method in building bigger ships,most bigger ships of the world are built through modular method

no buddy thats a naval hq-9.........wat i was trying to tell is that many countries hav a combo like (sm-2,ESsparrow,ram),(aster-15,aster-30),(barak-8,barak-1 or maitri) ,(shtil or s-300/400,kashtan).....so along with anti air hq-9 some similar missile in the class........i want a link sayin china uses modular shipbuilding(it is also used for subs)................and also the z-9c has lower endurance for surveillance need a medium heli like mh-60,nh-90,future lynx.

Great ship we are still waiting for our 8 F22P and 4 T054A class ships

But wow this one is awesomeness to extreme

By adopting a modular approach where two classes of destroyers shared the same hull design and propulsions, Jiangnan was able to save construction time and costs in the programmes

it just says they hav common designs but doesnt say that they were wuilt with the tech......here modular has a different meaning.

This is because all seven frigates will be built using an advanced manufacturing process —- modular shipbuilding —- which is used by top shipyards in the US and Europe
ASIAN DEFENCE: Project 17A: French shipyard DCNS set to play role

I fail to comprehend your definition of "Korean/Japanese/Spanish/Australian" since the United States of America and China are the only 2 countries in the world capable of indigenously producing these systems. Korea's KDX-III, Japan's kongo, Spain's Alvaro, and Australia's DDG-79, are all mounted with imported American ACS.

Both the Frenchies (EMPAR/PAAMS) and the Russkies (30N6E/Rif-1) have inferior but cheaper systems.

Excuse me, but does importing Aegis or 30N6E/Rif-1 for Vikrant make those systems Indian? You would say no. So, instead of criticizing the Chinese for their achievements, focus more on the D3 which only had half of its boosters working before wasting the GSAT 4 along with it.

No, I am not trolling you. It's just not nice to criticize successful indigenous work. If the Chinese can afford hand-making their AESAs then they have the second most indigenously air-protected destroyers in the world. If they decide having a carrier fleet of over a dozen destroyers/frigate with these systems is too expensive, and that they won't be able to mass produce the AESAs in time, they'll opt for 30N6E/Rif-1.

Quite frankly, there aren't many flaws in the 052C, except the Mark 46s which are a decade behind the 54s and the sonars which are a decade behind the French (15 years behind US). Though, the Chinese still have a lot of work to do on the helicopters both for AEW and ASW. The Z9s are over 2 decades behind...

But for now, since India doesn't have any attack submarines, be it nuclear or disel, I wouldn't worry about the 052C being sunk by "Indian Kilos." By the way, did you guys manage to buy those Akulas after paying $2 billion worth of lease?

Last edited:

lol. china been building their ships using modular techniques for many years now..

india building their ships modular is news to me.

this pictures doesn't look like modular construction to me at all..lo

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zUe7sq7m3...ApQ/WV95qQqzmyA/s1600/INS+Sahyadri+at+MDL.JPG

Advanced Ship Production Methods

http://www.usnwc.edu/Research---Gam...ublications/documents/CMS1_Collins-Grubb.aspx
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/4256/csic.jpg

The expansion and modernization of China’s major shipbuilding facilities over the past
decade have been accompanied by appreciable advances in shipbuilding processes and
construction methods. For the most part, this trend has centered on the adoption of
the hull-block construction method and associated zone-based production systems
(i.e., on-block zone outfitting, painting, testing, etc.).

In China, this “greenfield” trend is highlighted by the completely new CSSC Shanghai
Waigaoqiao, Changxing Island, and Guangzhou Longxue shipyards, as well as by CSIC’s
Dalian Shipbuilding No. 2 and Qingdao Haixiwan yards. These new facilities incorpo-
rate hull-block construction and other modern building methods. Most major Chinese
yards now have imported computer-aided design, modeling, and production equip-
ment to aid further in implementing advanced production techniques. As a result,
China’s improved shipbuilding infrastructure not only adds the additional capacity
required to build today’s large commercial ships but facilitates full implementation of
modern shipbuilding techniques required to match the series-production rates of Japa-
nese and South Korean shipbuilders. Recent Chinese writings indicate that block pro-
duction and other efficiency improvements have allowed Waigaoqiao to shorten the
time needed to build a 175,000-dwt Capesize bulk carrier from 369 days to, first, 109
days and now thirty-five days per vessel. Such advanced construction practices,
together with other operational improvements, have allowed the yard’s per-worker pro-
ductivity to climb from 40,000 RMB/man-year to 127,000 RMB/man-year.

Back
Top Bottom