batmannow

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
GEO Pakistan
President Zardari to go on 4-day visit to China
Updated at: 2352 PST, Thursday, February 12, 2009
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari will visit China from February 20 to 23 to further promote bilateral relations and enhance trade and economic ties.

Foreign Office Spokesman Abdul Basit giving details of the visit at weekly press briefing on Thursday said, “President Asif Ali Zardari will be paying a visit to China from 20-23 February. The President will visit Hubei, Yichang and Shanghai, the regions that are industrial hubs of China”. :tup::tup::tup:

The spokesman said the visit will provide an opportunity to both sides to explore the avenues of economic cooperation and investments particularly in agriculture, industry and energy sectors.

He said the President’s visit will strengthen the all-weather and time-tested friendship between Pakistan and China and deepen our multi-faceted strategic and economic cooperation. :tup::agree::tup:

Great news. China is Pakistan's best friend.
Pakistanis still remember the love China gave to Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto during his historical visit to China.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he doesn't open a bottle of rum this time on his visit. The last time he went was embarrassing enough.

I hope he doesn't open a bottle of rum this time on his visit. The last time he went was embarrassing enough.

We want to see some results what did he brought Last Time ?

We need lot of Help From Chinese at this Time. at least he should convince Chinese to set up Power Plants In Pakistan In order to Overcome energy Crisis.

We need some Defence hardware as well from China, What about AWACS, J-10s and F-22p. when these Items will be delivered to Pakistan.

I hope he comes back with something to show up to Pakistani Public.

I dont Like Zardari but i would like to tell you one thing "He was given a Glass of Vine by the Chinese Premier, he took the glass from Chinese Counter part BUT he just smelled it and when the Chinese premier was not looking at him he just Put the glass down and he didn't drank it".

I dont Like Zardari but i would like to tell you one thing "He was given a Glass of Vine by the Chinese Premier, he took the glass from Chinese Counter part BUT he just smelled it and when the Chinese premier was not looking at him he just Put the glass down and he didn't drank it".

Sounds like all this was happening two feet away from you. Where were you seated? :lol:

There's actually a video online where he's seen taking "Sips" from the glass. Anyway, that's not the thread for that issue. No further comments.

We want to see some results what did he brought Last Time ?

We need lot of Help From Chinese at this Time. at least he should convince Chinese to set up Power Plants In Pakistan In order to Overcome energy Crisis.

We need some Defence hardware as well from China, What about AWACS, J-10s and F-22p. when these Items will be delivered to Pakistan.

I hope he comes back with something to show up to Pakistani Public.

I agree with you. China has not shown egarness to help Pakistan in crucial matters like fighting terrorist, money ($500 million max), energy sector, and defense related issues. This time around zardari should be focused on these issue as well as mergers of industries were Pakistan and China should have some collaboration between the firms were the advantage should be for Pakistan.

Sounds like all this was happening two feet away from you. Where were you seated? :lol:

There's actually a video online where he's seen taking "Sips" from the glass. Anyway, that's not the thread for that issue. No further comments.

Actually that's the video where he is about to sip it, but realizes from the smell that it is alcohol and stops. Then gives the glass to some waitress.

I am sure he drinks in his private time.

Actually that's the video where he is about to sip it, but realizes from the smell that it is alcohol and stops. Then gives the glass to some waitress.

I am sure he drinks in his private time.

Well if you look closely, it can be qualified as a sip. Secondly, suppose he DID stop after smelling it, he goes on "toasting" his glass with someone else. Should've been more careful considering he's our President. To a common citizen, whatever he did in that video, qualifies as drinking.

:/

GEO Pakistan
President Zardari to go on 4-day visit to China
Updated at: 2352 PST, Thursday, February 12, 2009
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari will visit China from February 20 to 23 to further promote bilateral relations and enhance trade and economic ties.

Intersting. Around the same time Mrs Clinton will be in China. She is supposed to start her Asian tour in February 15th with the first stop in Japan and then later to China, Indonesia, and Korea. I dont know when she'll be in China, but it'll be later than the 15th, I'm sure she'll be spending a few days in Japan. http://www.defence.pk/forums/chines...e-hillary-clinton-visits-china-next-week.html

Zardari should postpone his trip so the discussions can be purely :china::pakistan: and not :china::usflag::pakistan:

Pakistan president's visit to promote financial co-op with China

2009-02-13

BEIJING, Feb. 13 (Xinhua) -- Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari will promote financial and economic cooperation with China through a visit next week, Ambassador of Pakistan to China Masood Khan told a press conference here Friday.

Zardari, who was invited by the Chinese government, will visit Hubei Province and Shanghai from Feb. 20 to Feb. 23. He will spend one day each in Wuhan, Yichang and Shanghai.

Khan said that Zardari was particularly interested in finance, banking, large-scale construction and Shanghai's urban development.

"Shanghai is a shining example of how fast a city can develop ... We will definitely try to translate the president's visit into concrete projects," he added.

Khan said Zardari will inspect projects involving water conservation, small and medium-sized dams, high-efficiency irrigation and hybrid seed development.

In Wuhan, Zardari will meet with State Councilor Dai Bingguo and the Governor of Hubei Province, Li Hongzhong. He will also meet industrial leaders.

In Yichang, he will visit the Three Gorges Project to study its management and technology.

Khan discussed the implementation of the Sino-Pakistani economic and trade five-year development program signed in November, 2006. So far, 61 projects were identified, 27 had been launched and 25 others were in the planning stages.

"We are trying to strengthen relations in all spheres and diligently implement the agreements we have already signed," he stressed.

Khan said China and Pakistan have a "very robust" relationship, with frequent high-level visits.

Zardari met with China's President Hu Jintao and Premier Wen Jiabao last year. Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani also participated in the Asia-Europe Summit in Beijing last October.

Many high-ranking Chinese officials have also visited Pakistan.

"The strategic and cooperative partnership between Pakistan and China is very strong. We are trying to strengthen relations in the economic sphere and actively promote people-to-people contacts," said Khan.

Pakistan president's visit to promote financial co-op with China_English_Xinhua

Asif carries heavy agenda to China
By Afzal Bajwa submitted 12 hours 56 minutes ago

ISLAMABAD- President Asif Ali Zardari would be carrying a heavy agenda of development cooperation for his forthcoming visit to China anticipating a whole range of Chinese bilateral assistance from grants to foreign direct investments.

According to sources, President Zardari, officially visiting China from Feb 20 to 23, has directed the Economic Affairs Division (EAD) and other relevant state outfits to prepare intensive agenda of prospective bilateral cooperation with China. Of late China has provided Pakistan with $500 million budgetary support as well.

Now Pakistan’s President is heading to China, reportedly via Afghanistan, in furtherance of materializing agreements and pacts singed during his last Beijing visit, the sources said.

According to the sources, the EAD has been preparing summary proposals on various energy projects offering joint ventures, and also independent direct investment opportunities. Mentioning a few would include Thar Coal Development Project, making coal the base for power generation on the spot of coalmines. Thar project would also have a major component of coal development in terms of its gasification as well as producing carved coal bricks.

Other than coal, the Chinese firms would be invited for exploration of the hydrocarbons, their refining, and marketing. The government has also been preparing to offer sizeable stake in the state entities to Chinese investors through the new privatization policy of public-private partnership. The sources were of the view that giving final shape to the privatization mode was in line with the President’s upcoming China visit.

The sources were of the view that the Chinese investors were interested in buying stakes through public-private partnership (PPP) formula as against the strategic sales along management controls.

Minister of State for Economic Affairs Hina Rabbani Khar confirmed that the EAD has been working on proposals of bilateral cooperation with China specifically ahead of President’s visit.

“It would, for sure, be an intensive cooperation agenda since we are having a longstanding bilateral relationship with the neighbouring as well as friendly country,” she added.

Asif carries heavy agenda to China | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

There is news in another thread as to that the J10 deal might be signed during this visits.

There is news in another thread as to that the J10 deal might be signed during this visits.

HOUNRABLE Bull; sir
yes , its the ultimate hope of our commrads on the fourm, but i am afraid , that it isnt going to happen , in this vist!;):cheers::smitten:
as this vist is , for the economic boost of pakistan.:tup::pakistan:
but its all, my opinion?:lol::crazy:

Back
Top Bottom