What's new

President of Sri Lanka Called for a Mass Protest against the UN Report

JAT CHHORA

New Recruit

Reaction score
18 Apr 2011 To 24 Apr 2011

Sri Lanka’s President Mahinda Rajapaksa called for a mass protest against the UN Report, which called for establishing an independent international probe into alleged war crimes committed during the war against the LTTE. President Mahinda Rajapaksa in an address to his Sri Lanka Freedom Party said that May Day rally in 2011 should be turned into a show of strength against international calls for war crimes investigations.

His remarks came after a leaked UN report called for an independent inquiry into credible allegations that Sri Lanka committed war crimes and crimes against humanity in its final 2009 offensive against Tamil Tiger rebels. Rajapaksa said allegations of war crimes, contained in a UN expert panel report, were not new but that there were increasing suggestions that those who led the military campaign should be taken before a war crimes tribunal.

President of Sri Lanka Called for a Mass Protest against the UN Report

I dnt know what Indian government doing ?????

Why we are saving them

I think GOI is not saving any one, Sri Lanka is a sovereign country and has her own system to run through it, so UN may interfere in case of any crimes against humanity but GOI can`t do any thing in it.

Yeah, I saw this video on Youtube. IMHO, India shouldn't interfere. It's a case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Last edited by a moderator:
Given the elections in Tamil Nadu and how this could be an emotive issue, India inadvertently will be dragged into this. This was a bloody civil war which ended - am pretty sure that human right abuses must have taken place - on both sides. If the Sri Lankan people have moved on, so should the UN. Sometimes revisiting the past creates new wounds rather than healing old ones. Given its small population and high literacy rate - Sri Lanka should have been a developed country by now if not for their civil war. I hope they become the first South Asian country to get there.

There is a lot of questions about that report, we have some political issues with 2 western countries. That's why these kind reports come out etc From where did they got these stats? You'll get the answer! lol

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom