What's new

President approves Sharia laws

Not that I have a particular interest in the Sharia Law .. all I am thinking is that one nation in its entirely should have one law. If Pakistan has common law, then it should exist for all areas that constitute Pakistan. If its Sharia, then all of Pakistan should have Sharia !

Where does the buck stop then, Different laws, different travel requirements , visa ,currency, taxation matters etc. The problem , I can see is that one Pakistani area wants to assert its own identity apart from and not common to Pakistan. This can not be good for the nation !!

I completely disagree with you. In USA, even a county or city could make its own law within its jurisdiction and the states which has laws can even contradict the very US constitution.

Sharia law is not a complete legal document and were introduced keeping in mind of the socio economic reality 5th century arab clans. There are only few laws were mnadatory according to Quran and the rest are man made which could be hugely misappropriated by uneducated backward mind people.

I don't know what to think of this.
Are girls still allowed to go to school in SWAT and other areas?
Also, we know this will be seen as a huge sign of weakness across the globe.
They demand, and we give in.
I hope this works out well, but I don't see any improvements, the taliban cannot be trusted, they will abuse this situation and they'll only gain more time.
Anyway, let's see how this works out..I have my fingers crossed.

I will appreciate if someone knowledgeable sheds light on the below:
1> Does this mean GoP has virtually handed over judicial control of Malakand to the Taliban/TTP, who will appoint the Sharia judges and for all practical purpose control the judiciary? Or will NWFP gov't appoint the judges? Or will it be local community leaders?
2> How does this impact NWFP gov't administrational matters? Can Sharia courts act as law-makers, which typically is done by executive branch of a gov't? If so, the writ of the NWFP govt (and thereby GoP) could be reduced further and Sharia leaders could be supreme, somewhat like Iran.
3> Has a moderate Sharia model worked elsewhere, wherein citizens get speedy justice but also enjoy progressive lifestyle, especially for women?

Please take your cap and lota with you, because you have to perform prayer also :rofl::enjoy:

Not really! nifaaz Shariah does not mean that they will have a ''Khatna'' check post for all tourists that enter the area or give everyone ankle high shalwaars to wear before proceeding to Kalam! It simply means that Shariah will be the preferred system of justice for the locals of the area. In the absence of FCR, this justice system has to be used alongside the regular courts of law. The area of Swat is dependent wholly on outside tourism, not tourists means no money for the area and the Swati's are not that stupid either to take any action otherwise.

its surly , not the weekness, as some of our commrads , were thinking for now!
its a well thought, & well planned , well disscussed strategy with concensess of army.

surly this agreement , will going to divide millitants any way , which will bring a sure sucsess & trust to pakistan army, & state of pakistan, it will going to dismentle 80% of the propaganda, which was being carried out by peoples like "MULLAH FM";):azn::):pakistan:

Enjoy

Enforcement of Shariah in Malakand demanded

Monday, February 16, 2009
By our correspondent

BATKHELA: Participants of the All Parties Conference, called by the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) here on Sunday, demanded of the government to enforce the Islamic laws in the Malakand division at once.

Addressing the conference at the Tor Mor Rest House here, former provincial minister Shah Raz Khan, former MNA Syed Bakhtiar Maghani, provincial joint secretary Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) Ayub Khan, president Anjuman Tajiran Malakand Shahkirullah and some Nazims of various union councils said the government must accede to what the people of the region were demanding.

They said the people of the area demanded the enforcement of Shariah, but in response, the government launched an operation in the area. They said the military operation yielded negative results in the restive parts of the country, including the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) and Swat.

They added that the people of the Malakand area would never allow the military operation and threatened to block the main GT Road permanently against any such move of the government. On the occasion, all the local Nazims threatened to resign collectively against the use of force in the area.

Meanwhile, thousands of people blocked the main Malakand Road for two hours to protest against the military operation in Swat and demanded the enforcement of Shariah in the region.

Addressing the protesters, speakers said the demonstration was apolitical and there was nothing wrong for the Muslims of the area to ask for the enforcement of Shariah. They added that the military operation was no solution to the problem, as the death and destruction in Swat and Bajaur was self-evident in this connection. They said the simple solution to the problem was the enforcement of Shariah in the Malakand region

ISLAMABAD, Feb 15: President Asif Ali Zardari has given a go-ahead to the NWFP government to enforce Sharia laws in the Malakand region, including Swat.

“The president’s approval was sought because the provincial government cannot make any amendment to laws in Malakand without his approval,” sources said.

Provincial Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain claimed on Sunday that the president had promulgated an ordinance to enforce Sharia in Malakand.

President’s spokesman Farhatullah Babar said the official version of the presidency would be issued after a meeting between the NWFP government and leaders of the TNSM to be held on Monday.
President approves Sharia laws -DAWN - Top Stories; February 16, 2009

Know hopefully terrorism should definitely stop in these areas, since they have what they wanted, Right? Or this could mean it just the starting point and there next goal will be all of Pakistan.

Warracih,

You don't understand. The tablighi jammat and Sufi Mohamed are not the ones controlling the militants, they are not the ones fighting the Army.

The militants led by Mullah FM are the ones doing that and they have already declared their 'vision' by destroying close to 200 schools in Swat.

What do you think Sufi Mohamed is going to talk to the militants about? Convince them to lay down arms - that itself is an indication that he may have no control over them. If he can pull this off, without sacrificing moderate and progressive Islamic ideals, then good for him and good for Swat and Pakistan - I just have my doubts that he will succeed, given the declared vision of the TTP-S and their actions in Swat.

True, it too early to maintain trust on Sufi Muhammad but if all MPA and MNA of area wanted to excercise this alternative then there is no harm in it.

Shariah law is already part of our justice system ,all lawyers have no concern about that and being muslim we all have believe on these islamic laws .

Objectionable thing is only is that TNSM was declared banned by GOP has given responsibility to implement shariah law.

PA has also no concern about that decision will remain in area untill shariah law implemented and peace restored.

Definately US have some serious concern about shariah , but if there is peace in SWAT ,PA can focus on western boarder to tackle the insurgence more effectively.

Shariah courts deal with family cases and criminal cases , our civil courts failed to provide fair and free justice .

If this is sucessful then other part of pakistan shariah law can be implemented it is in benefit of poor people , cant afford present expensive and unfair justic system .:enjoy:

While i agree that the current judicial system is way corrupt however two systems cannot run parallel in a single country and that too just because a few maniacs decided to take arms against the state.
If this is how a country is suppose to be run, then imo remove all law system and let people handle their own mess, what is the purpose of police and judicial system.

I don't know what to think of this.
Are girls still allowed to go to school in SWAT and other areas?
Also, we know this will be seen as a huge sign of weakness across the globe.
They demand, and we give in.
I hope this works out well, but I don't see any improvements, the taliban cannot be trusted, they will abuse this situation and they'll only gain more time.
Anyway, let's see how this works out..I have my fingers crossed.

You worries are correct , there are still lot of hurdle ahead , declaration does not mean evry thing will be uncontrol with in few day,implementation shariah need continues efforts and local people have play important role but this will flush Al Qaeda militants from SWAT area atleast.

While i agree that the current judicial system is way corrupt however two systems cannot run parallel in a single country and that too just because a few maniacs decided to take arms against the state.
If this is how a country is suppose to be run, then imo remove all law system and let people handle their own mess, what is the purpose of police and judicial system.

Dear present civil courts will be only converted to shariah court ,already many hadud ordanance are already active ,only law related to crime and family laws will be enforced and qazi will act as judge, police will remain but act under shariah law .

Law of state can be modified as per will of majority there is no harm in it.

Enjoy

Enforcement of Shariah in Malakand demanded

Monday, February 16, 2009
By our correspondent

BATKHELA: Participants of the All Parties Conference, called by the Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) here on Sunday, demanded of the government to enforce the Islamic laws in the Malakand division at once.

Addressing the conference at the Tor Mor Rest House here, former provincial minister Shah Raz Khan, former MNA Syed Bakhtiar Maghani, provincial joint secretary Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) Ayub Khan, president Anjuman Tajiran Malakand Shahkirullah and some Nazims of various union councils said the government must accede to what the people of the region were demanding.

They said the people of the area demanded the enforcement of Shariah, but in response, the government launched an operation in the area. They said the military operation yielded negative results in the restive parts of the country, including the Federally Administered Tribal Areas (Fata) and Swat.

They added that the people of the Malakand area would never allow the military operation and threatened to block the main GT Road permanently against any such move of the government. On the occasion, all the local Nazims threatened to resign collectively against the use of force in the area.

Meanwhile, thousands of people blocked the main Malakand Road for two hours to protest against the military operation in Swat and demanded the enforcement of Shariah in the region.

Addressing the protesters, speakers said the demonstration was apolitical and there was nothing wrong for the Muslims of the area to ask for the enforcement of Shariah. They added that the military operation was no solution to the problem, as the death and destruction in Swat and Bajaur was self-evident in this connection. They said the simple solution to the problem was the enforcement of Shariah in the Malakand region

JI and other Jhadi mullahs are group of munafiqeen.They dont have courage and moral values always supported musharaf and his wrong action even helped him to extend his duration.

People of NWFP are simple but not stupid they have seen their real face that is reason in previous election all these halwa mullahs and Qazi(JI) failed to get votes.

JI and other Jhadi mullahs are group of munafiqeen

Addressing the conference at the Tor Mor Rest House here, former provincial minister Shah Raz Khan, former MNA Syed Bakhtiar Maghani, provincial joint secretary Pakistan Muslim League-Quaid (PML-Q) Ayub Khan, president Anjuman Tajiran Malakand Shahkirullah and some Nazims of various union councils said the government must accede to what the people of the region were demanding

Jihadi Mullahs munafqieen? Talib Nationalists?? AQ sunnati muslims??

Welcome to the tribalization of Pakistan - and why not? if "the people" and their representatives want it, then it must be "good", right?? So why not.

there was nothing wrong for the Muslims of the area to ask for the enforcement of Shariah. They added that the military operation was no solution to the problem, as the death and destruction in Swat and Bajaur was self-evident in this connection. They said the simple solution to the problem was the enforcement of Shariah in the Malakand region

Once again, for most Pakistanis, the issue is not the content -- they have no tools to judge the content --- Why would Muslims reject Shariah?? Could it be that Shariah is rejected because it does not reslove the problems of the 21st century?? Could it be that it is archaic and worst of all, UNJUST??

Afterall, laws are made for people and society -- and that means that laws can change, after all, the laws are made by humans in relation to specific circumstances and situations to further specific goals of society ---

But Shariah is "Divine" is it not?? it either is or it is not -- If shariah is not "divine" and can be made and altered by men, then how will these laws be made and alterted? Who will do this?

Welcome to the real world of Islamist lunacy, to a arrested society, primed to enter the 7th century arabia - much success.:smitten:

Of what I hear, the Sharia laws of Afghanistan were quite different from the Sharia laws of Saudi Arabia. A Muslim man can walk around Mecca and Medina without a beard and no one will say anything. I heard in Afghanistan pre-9/11, Muslim men got punished for not having a beard. Also a Muslim woman doesn't have to cover her face in Mecca and Medina, in Afghanistan Muslim women mostly used to cover their face.

If these areas implicate Sharia law thats practiced in Saudi Arabia and not Afghanistan(pre-9/11) then these areas should be fine and there's nothing to worry about.

President not to sign accord till restoration of peace in Swat: Sherry - GEO.tv

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Information Sherry Rehman Monday said with reference to the Swat accord that President Asif Ali Zardari has not signed anything yet.

In a statement, she said the President will not sign anything until complete peace is restored in the area.

Sherry Rehman said the regulations regarding enforcement of Nizam-e-Adl already exist but the same was not implemented in the area in question.

She said the provincial government will enforce these laws for dispensing quick and affordable justice with a view to ensure durable peace in the area.

Back
Top Bottom