What's new

Presenting Tejas: Short Montage By ADA For 2018

Tejas may be good but JF-17 with DSI technology is a legend there are also rumors that the latest JF-17 is actually a 7th generation aircraft
There is actually a rumour that you are human but guess what I putthem right

There are also rumors that AMCA is just a copied version of 8th oooooooops 7th generation JF-17

No need to pay heed to rumors. They are rumors after all :)

No offence but you are trying to present tejas from the last 37 years. Can this presentation be over within your lifetime?

Technically speaking, most of Tejas' development actually took place in the late 90s.

Screenshot_2018-01-06-06-49-46.jpg

Pakistanis have an impression that it took us so much time because we were not capable in the context of engineering, on the contrary it was something completely out of our control that made Tejas late.

But, you lot can always think otherwise, if not to acknowledge actual real world facts but to just hope for Tejas to fail.

Tough luck for you though, Tejas has started induction and new production facilities are popping up.

Maybe we will know how capable Tejas is in comparison to a similar fighter in its class if PAF doesn't quit at the very last moment and actually has the guts to field JFT in the same exercise as Tejas.

there are 3 keywords to decide whether a project is successful or not:performance,budget and schedule.

1 performance. Does it meet the performance target established? I don't know. But I do know IAF still want another single-engine fighter. They complain that Tejas alone is not good enough. With SU-30,rafale,mirage-2000,Mig29 and probably Su-57 coming, what the hell does “alone” mean?

2 schedule. How many are in service now? ten? twenty?

3 budget. anyone know its unit cost? Indians always image they can produce things good and cheap. But we hardly see that happen

1 performance. Does it meet the performance target established? I don't know. But I do know IAF still want another single-engine fighter. They complain that Tejas alone is not good enough. With SU-30,rafale,mirage-2000,Mig29 and probably Su-57 coming, what the hell does “alone” mean?
IAF wants to have 42 squadrons as soon as possible for an advantageous two front war.
Tejas' responsibility is to replace old aircrafts in the present 33 squadrons.

The new SE fighter is being considered to get to the 42 mark. It has nothing to do with Tejas. F16 and Gripen are medium fighters that can play a front role. Tejas has a different purpose.
2 schedule. How many are in service now? ten? twenty?
It first flew in 2001. But we're surely behind schedule. But it has also resulted in us having probably the best light combat aircraft from the get go.
I'm okay with the schedule. All good from now.

3 budget. anyone know its unit cost? Indians always image they can produce things good and cheap. But we hardly see that happen
Considering the developmental costs, it's worth every penny. Mk1 costs about $25mil. But what we got is much more than the aircraft.

Tejas' responsibility is to replace old aircrafts in the present 33 squadrons.

The new SE fighter is being considered to get to the 42 mark. It has nothing to do with Tejas. F16 and Gripen are medium fighters that can play a front role. Tejas has a different purpose.[/QUOTE]

it is just playing with words. Tejas is to replace old aircrafts not to play a front role? what is the responsibility of those old aircrafts? what is the role of Tejas?

Airsuperiority?Interceptor? if it can not even play a front role

it is just playing with words. Tejas is to replace old aircrafts not to play a front role? what is the responsibility of those old aircrafts? what is the role of Tejas?

Airsuperiority?Interceptor? if it can not even play a front role
The mistake you're making is in assuming that it's about the roles being exactly transferred. The early MiGs (21,23,27) were once the mainstay of IAF. Those roles were taken over and expanded by much superior aircrafts and Rafale and FGFA are yet to enter the fray.

Meaning, it's about filling and expanding the numbers, not an exact transfer of roles from those old MiGs.
Although it's capable of fulfilling most of those roles, logic suggests to use it to fill the role of a point defense fighter that is of multi-role nature unless the war is stretched. Somebody should play that role! That's what light aircrafts are intended to do in a big air force.

The criticism it often receives is that it's slightly slower than MiG21, which was designed for that one purpose. But MiG21 can't match it in other ways being a generation older, and soon Tejas will match the speed as well.

I don't know to much about Indian air tech.

What modern fighter can this be most compared to?

I don't know to much about Indian air tech.

What modern fighter can this be most compared to?
It should be compared to FA50 and FC1/JF17.

Although FA50 is a modified trainer, let's use that since there aren't many in this class.

But the soon to be launched Tejas Mk1A (83 ordered) will push FA50 out of the picture with AESA and everything.
Then it should be compared to JF17 Block3 that has just entered the design phase in China.

These two will occupy a space just below the likes of Gripen and F16 latest blocks.

It should be compared to FA50 and FC1/JF17.

Although FA50 is a modified trainer, let's use that since there aren't many in this class.

But the soon to be launched Tejas Mk1A (83 ordered) will push FA50 out of the picture with AESA and everything.
Then it should bebe compared to JF17 Block3 that has just entered the design phase in China.

These two will occupy a space just below the likes of Gripen and F16 latest blocks.

Thank you

More rafales on cards or increase the numbers of su-30's. Tejas alone cant race against depletion of Squadrons.

More rafales on cards or increase the numbers of su-30's. Tejas alone cant race against depletion of Squadrons.

Every country has to start from somewhere to catch-up with the others in longer times.

I don’t think IAF will induct more than 100 Tejas, until 2025, as they will test and stabilize the product for future replacements and the present order for 40+83=123 fits the bill.

Present IAF inventory has 33 sq of fighters in which Mig-21s & Mig-27s are of large numbered and to be urgently replaced and I don’t think Tejas will be able replace all of them in short span, which indeed needs time and acquisition process of single engine fighters will allow Tejas to mature.

IAF will procure 150-170, F-16s or Saab fighter for its present needs and alongwith upgraded Mig-29s and Mirage are capable enough to keep an eye on eastern border.

Back
Top Bottom