What's new

Presenting Tejas: Short Montage By ADA For 2018

Every country has to start from somewhere to catch-up with the others in longer times.

I don’t think IAF will induct more than 100 Tejas, until 2025, as they will test and stabilize the product for future replacements and the present order for 40+83=123 fits the bill.

Present IAF inventory has 33 sq of fighters in which Mig-21s & Mig-27s are of large numbered and to be urgently replaced and I don’t think Tejas will be able replace all of them in short span, which indeed needs time and acquisition process of single engine fighters will allow Tejas to mature.

IAF will procure 150-170, F-16s or Saab fighter for its present needs and alongwith upgraded Mig-29s and Mirage are capable enough to keep an eye on eastern border.

I dont see f-16's until U.S offers something strategically. Gripen or f-16's will take atleast 3-4 yrs to churn out first aircraft in india unless india directly imports them. So why not order more rafales or su-30's ?

Tejas is a last tier A/C for airforce for defending skies.

I dont see f-16's until U.S offers something strategically. Gripen or f-16's will take atleast 3-4 yrs to churn out first aircraft in india unless india directly imports them. So why not order more rafales or su-30's ?

Tejas is a last tier A/C for airforce for defending skies.

1. F-16s has better chance than Gripen, as Saab uses engines from US and Tejas also gets from US.

2. 25% of the orders will be procured directly from the Manufacturer and rest will be produced in India and the timeline of local setting up 3-4 years is correct, but considering, direct delivery of initial batch from the manufacture will reduce the impact.

3. IAF doctrine requirements doesn't have space for more Su-30s. But, yes more Rafale's are on cards, eventually in future, Mig-29s & Mirages will be replaced by Rafale's.

4. IAF already expressed that its more interested in inducting single engine & low cost maintenance oriented fighter rather than twin engine. If that wasn't the case then IAF would have gone for Mig-35s.

5. Tejas has been given the role of Point Defense just like role of F-16 or Gripen will have in IAF.

1. F-16s has better chance than Gripen, as Saab uses engines from US and Tejas also gets from US.

2. 25% of the orders will be procured directly from the Manufacturer and rest will be produced in India and the timeline of local setting up 3-4 years is correct, but considering, direct delivery of initial batch from the manufacture will reduce the impact.

3. IAF doctrine requirements doesn't have space for more Su-30s. But, yes more Rafale's are on cards, eventually in future, Mig-29s & Mirages will be replaced by Rafale's.

4. IAF already expressed that its more interested in inducting single engine & low cost maintenance oriented fighter rather than twin engine. If that wasn't the case then IAF would have gone for Mig-35s.

5. Tejas has been given the role of Point Defense just like role of F-16 or Gripen will have in IAF.

i doubt GOI will import more fighters. They are looking for make in india and recently cancelled spike ATGM for NAG. GOI may ask for further tejas supply line operated by prvt sector.

100 Tejas fighters may be inducted in 3-4 yrs if multiple supply lines are opened.

i doubt GOI will import more fighters. They are looking for make in india and recently cancelled spike ATGM for NAG. GOI may ask for further tejas supply line operated by prvt sector.

100 Tejas fighters may be inducted in 3-4 yrs if multiple supply lines are opened.

We need to replace more than 11 sq fighters by 2024 and 100 Tejas is not able to fulfill that.

Back
Top Bottom