What's new

PPP Resorts to Racism and Terrorism in Sindh

Pakistan needs heavy anti-riot squads. It has the equipment it just has to be implemented. Demonstrations are alright as long as they don't harm anyone.

Pakistan needs heavy anti-riot squads. It has the equipment it just has to be implemented. Demonstrations are alright as long as they don't harm anyone.

When people get out in protest no law enforcement can stop , Husni mubarak gave up and gadhafi doesnt want to he now has a civil war on his hands

Which other popular party should the liberals of Pakistan support??
i) PML??
ii) PML-Q
iii) ANP?? with no support beyond KP and karachi
iv) MQM
v) MMA

Atleast in PPP, the PPP guyz themselves will not kill the liberals for being liberals.

No mainstream political party, save for the JI and other religious parties, will 'kill liberals for being liberals'.

At most they will stand by and not take on extremists - but then that is exactly what the PPP has done as well, stood by while its own high level progressive leaders were murdered in cold blood, and then sold those leaders out and caused even their deaths to be in vain by supporting the extremist demands on the Blasphemy Law.

Zardari did not even attend Taseer's funeral, and Sherry Rehman was advised to 'leave the country for her own safety'.

What exactly is the PPP offering from a 'liberal and progressive' standpoint that would not be available from the other parties?

The PPP is does not want to stand up to extremism, is mismanaging the economy, is destroying LEA, intelligence and other State institutions by stuffing them with party lackey's and thousands of 'Jiyala's' (hardcore PPP supporters), and refusing to respect the rule of law by ignoring Judicial judgments.

Worst of all it is sowing communal and ethnic hatred with statements such as the ones in the OP, regularly.

Outside of the MMA, I fail to see how ANY other party would not be a huge improvement.

PPP lost its vision of liberalism long ago. They abandoned their own party members like Taseer and Bhatti which resulted in their isolation and finally death.

A coward, racist party nothing else.

2 more years guys its tough but this is the only way forward , unless people decide to come out on the streets. "" Let democracy be the best revenge .. let the voters reap the results , its sounds harsh but next time elections will really get Pakistanis thinking

To be honest, it wont.

Who will replace PPP? MQM? bigger terrorists.

PML (N,Q,F) all liars and greedy pigs.

Only party we haven't tried is PTI.

Did Zulfiqar Bhutto not break the country apart in 1971 by resorting to similar racism and a rejection of the rule of law and legitimate electoral victories hy the Al?

I also condemn PPP's recent strike call. It is not acceptable for a party in power in the Center and Sindh to make the strike call against judicial issue--however too far the 'judicial activism' may have gone, yet again.

BUT..this is utter BS that PPP or Zulfi broke Pakistan in 1971. OR that Zulfi alone in W. Pakistan was racist against E. Pakistan. I was raised in Karachi to call Bengalis as 'Ghaddars' (Traitors) even though I am, unlike Zulfi, an Urdu speaker. It was a collective mindset in W. Pakistan. There are many causes of the breakup. My personal opinion is that the E. Pakistanis--who rejected Urdu as the national language as early as 1948 when other minorities, more or less, accepted Jinnah's decision--were set on a course of separation.
Also, ultimately, in 1971 the military was in power. Not Zulfi. If Yahya wanted he could have had Zulfi's head on a platter. But Yahya was a drunkard who lost a war--an un-winnable war, btw--and still wanted to rule W. Pakistan after 17 December 1971. Imagine that! Zulfi did not lose E. Pakistan. The W. Pakistanis did. Anyone says to the contrary is an ignorant or naive person. Such people thrive on these 'defense' Pakistanis forums.

Also, there is another BS going around about Zulfi appeasing the 'Islamists'. Indeed, he, under tremendous pressure, used a Const. Amendment did declare Qadianis as Non-Muslims. But even that was an act of the Parliament. An elected body. However wrong it was. And then, yes, Zulfi did take some cosmetic 'Islamist' steps leading to the 1976 elections like banning public drinking, gambling but nothing else he did made Pakistan into a theocracy. It was the ultimate evil of General Zia ul Haq who started the in-doctrination by changing the media, the curricula, backed by public hanging and public floggings. @T-Faz, you too are falling into the trap of the right-wing media and the general blogspace.

People need to establish some perspective. But, no, it is nice to appear 'cool' and start blazing your gun in a of 360-degree pattern without looking at the real faces of the alternatives.

BUT..this is utter BS that PPP or Zulfi broke Pakistan in 1971. OR that Zulfi alone in W. Pakistan was racist against E. Pakistan. I was raised in Karachi to call Bengalis as 'Ghaddars' (Traitors) even though I am, unlike Zulfi, an Urdu speaker. It was a collective mindset in W. Pakistan. There are many causes of the breakup. My personal opinion is that the E. Pakistanis--who rejected Urdu as the national language as early as 1948 when other minorities, more or less, accepted Jinnah's decision--were set on a course of separation.

The grievances were always there but its the leadership that should overcome these by making sure that all subjects are treated fairly and with due care to insure a strong set up. Bhutto being a leader who had a lot of say in the power circle of this nation should have been more careful and calm in dealing with the situation, he further weakened and ultimately destroyed Pakistan because of his opportunistic ways.

Also, ultimately, in 1971 the military was in power. Not Zulfi. If Yahya wanted he could have had Zulfi's head on a platter. But Yahya was a drunkard who lost a war--an un-winnable war, btw--and still wanted to rule W. Pakistan after 17 December 1971. Imagine that! Zulfi did not lose E. Pakistan. The W. Pakistanis did. Anyone says to the contrary is an ignorant or naive person. Such people thrive on these 'defense' Pakistanis forums.

Bhutto was given power by the army and other influential groups like the industrialists and feudals only because they did not want to see E.Pakistan getting its due share. Bhutto could have successfully allowed the eastern wing to become autonomous and even if the decision was not his entirely, why did he become the poster boy for the elite of Pakistan whereby the actions of the elite were chanelled through Bhutto.

Why did he not just formulate a power sharing agreement with rehman, Yahya was disposable and Bhutto had an entire nation behind him, so rather than doing what's best for the nation, all he did was play in the hands of the establishment.

Also, there is another BS going around about Zulfi appeasing the 'Islamists'. Indeed, he, under tremendous pressure, used a Const. Amendment did declare Qadianis as Non-Muslims. But even that was an act of the Parliament. An elected body. However wrong it was. And then, yes, Zulfi did take some cosmetic 'Islamist' steps leading to the 1976 elections like banning public drinking, gambling but nothing else he did made Pakistan into a theocracy. It was the ultimate evil of General Zia ul Haq who started the in-doctrination by changing the media, the curricula, backed by public hanging and public floggings. @T-Faz, you too are falling into the trap of the right-wing media and the general blogspace.

People need to establish some perspective. But, no, it is nice to appear 'cool' and start blazing your gun in a of 360-degree pattern without looking at the real faces of the alternatives.

Zulfi, thats what some prominent Ahmadi's called him because of their closeness to him. They even funded his party but he ditches them just so ye could appease the mullahs. You have to admit the fact that it was Bhutto who initiated the destructive islamisation of this country.

It was his doctrine to get close to the hardline Arabs, to become a leader in the Islamic world and his pandering to the religious right.

The same policy allowed for funding to be given to Islamists like hekmatyar in Afghanistan.

Worst of all, it was Bhutto himself who chose Zia.

If this was'nt appeasement of the right and use of terrible policies, then I don't know what is.

I also condemn PPP's recent strike call. It is not acceptable for a party in power in the Center and Sindh to make the strike call against judicial issue--however too far the 'judicial activism' may have gone, yet again.

I agree with you, but I think your tone was harsh.

I just think the title of the thread is funny, I mean, seriously, are the Sindis racially different than the Punjabis, Baluch and Pakhtoons !? :D

Before I say anything, I must say that I do have a soft corner for the PPP, MQM and ANP, not because I think they’re great political parties, but because I think they’re lesser evil than the PML-N and the Mullah -brigade.

Now, on the topic, certainly it is a judicial issue and it should be resolved in the courts, PPP should plead their case in the court of law, not on the steers by burning buses and killing innocent bystanders. The PPP needs to understand that the government’s most important job is to protect the life and property of its people.

But let’s not go overboard in our criticism. We must not forget that PPP did not come to power through a military coup, but through the votes of millions of fellow Pakistanis.

the current government is behind all whats going on in Karachi, these thugs are back to their old dirty tricks of creating choas so that they can do what eva they feel is right, the SC was right in asking the gov to remove NAB chairman, instead of fighting the legal battle these thugs have turned to violent tactics.

Back
Top Bottom