Powerful blast heard in Rawalpindi near GHQ

Rank

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Powerful blast heard in Rawalpindi near GHQ :S

The situation is getting serious....
Pakistani political parties,army and intelligence agencies need to sort out there differences and end this menace......

Powerful blast heard in Rawalpindi near GHQ :S
What is GHQ?

Pakistani political parties,army and intelligence agencies need to sort out there differences and end this menace......

What is GHQ?

Army's General Head Quarters where the COAS sits.

What is GHQ?

think its Army HQ....

Army's General Head Quarters where the COAS sits.

It's pretty serious then, is it near the compound or inside the compound of HQ, because I doubt some one can bring an explosive inside a GHQ

It's pretty serious then, is it near the compound or inside the compound of HQ, because I doubt some one can bring an explosive inside a GHQ
OP says that near GHQ so i think its outside the compound......

few 100 meter away from GHQ outter boundary - very close proximity of GHQ - happened in the market - we had blast at same place some 7 years ago -

somehow - there is fishy fishy about this bomb blast -
May the souls of Martyed ones rest in peace - it is ALLAH, who we belong to

well what do you expect - when Politicians have tied their hands and sew their lips to speak against TTP - then one shouldn't be surprised to see such news.

So it was in a bazaar but stupid media sensationalized it?
Or this is a seperate blast.....
blast happened in bazar at security check post - that leads to GHQ - as i said above blast was in close proximity of ghq

Blast kills eight, injures 20 near GHQ in Rawalpindi - DAWN.COM

RAWALPINDI: At least eight people were killed and many feared injured in a blast near the RA Bazaar in Rawalpindi on Monday, DawnNews reported.

The site of the explosion also lies near the General Headquarters of the Pakistani military.

The injured were being taken to nearby hospitals and most of them were said to be in a serious condition.

Also, the injured included mostly civil staff of security agencies and school going children, and parents rushed to the schools near the site of the blast to inquire about their safety.

Security forces had cordoned off the location of the blast and started rescue operations.

The RA Bazaar being situated near the GHQ is considered as a highly sensitive area.

According to initial reports, it was suspected that the blast could have been a suicide attack.

Moreover, police had started investigation and was searching for evidences from the spot where the explosion took place and a search operation was also launched in the adjoining areas.

President Mamnoon Hussain and Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain strongly condemned the blast.

The blast occurred one day after an attack on a convoy of security forces near the Cantt area in Bannu district, which killed 20 people and injured 30.

On Jan 19, Speaking to CNN, Shahidullah Shahid, spokesman for the proscribed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed that the militant organisation was responsible for the attack and said that their attacks on security forces would continue.

Back
Top Bottom