What's new

Power generation through coal gasification by next year: Dr. Samar

There was an article by Dr Samar in a news paper on this recently..

Samar Mubarak determination gives me energy.Such a pioneer and a great asset to our country.

This is great news and something Dr Samar Mubarakmand had been pushing for for quite a while now. It was a Canadian group who suggested leaving the coal in situ and build a plant on top making it cheaper then mining the coal. However, although I hear it suggests 5000 MW, the use and expansion would eventually produce in excess and close to 10K/MW which would be twice as much needed. This is an eventual process, however at this moment in time, every little can help.

As Dr Samar Mubarakmand had said, we already have the equipment for the finding of raw material when we bought them for our nuclear research and they are duel use anyways, therefore not a problem with identifying copper and other resources.

This man should be our Energy Minister as he has always been keen and looking for new ideas to ease the burden on the people of Pakistan.

I believe it is his son, who is the brains behind Pakistan guidance unit for its Missile programs also.........

There still are some good people left in Pakistan if given a chance

The interview with talat was even more blunt where he said we will be comparing the middle east in 10 years. Inshallah.

The interview with talat was even more blunt where he said we will be comparing the middle east in 10 years. Inshallah.

oh actually that was an optimistic statement and did not mean logically. He was more likely trying to say that the reliance/dependence on the oil bill can be brought it back to 0 and we could save 9 billion dollars per year by not importing oil in this country (which is expected to rise in future) and not only that but like Arab nations we could become a major exporter by converting coal into Gas and Diesel and by generating sufficient electricity to fulfil the demands of Industrialists and increase our exports and can become a better nation than comparing to Middle East.

Obviously if you will have a very cheap electricity and more than enough to fulfil our demands, there will be an economic boom in the country and the prices of basic items will be reduced consequently heading towards the dream of "Khush-haal Pakistan"

yes and he also said we will be able to convert coal in to diesel for only 20 dollars per barrel that we usually import for like 250 dollars per barrel.

Electricity will cost us only 3-4 rupees per unit instead of expensive 15 rupees for RPPs

What we really need is to keep corrupt political management away from these projects.

Last night on Capital Talk,
Dr Sahib said,
50000 MW electricity per year near about 1 cent.
and a lot of production of mobile.
great news.

That's a good news. 5000 MW for 800 years is agreat potential. Starting a working prototype as early as early as 2011 will be icing on the cake indeed.:tup:

Fighter

I have heard the interview myself with great interest. According to my info Dr Mubrakmand’s project is a ‘Pilot’ project. Meaning it is on small scale and primarily meant for proving the economical and technical feasibility and gain experience. The project shall be implemented in two phases:

First phase consists of converting Lignite coal into coal gas which can be used as fuel for setting up power plants.

Second phase will consist of making synthetic diesel using coal gas as feed. This technology known as Fischer –Tropsch synthesis was invented in 1920. Thru this we can convert coal gas into diesel fuel.

I respect Dr Mubarakmand immensely but one important point he ignored to mention is the quantum of financial investment required. IMO the project will take a long time to complete but we have a silver lining on the horizon; that Pakistan has the potential of becoming self sufficient in energy. This alone is no small matter.

I wonder if they considered using the coal reserves to generate fuel as well.. I believe chogy mentioned it somewhere in a thread..
Specifically this
"jet fuel (JP-4, JP-8, JP-8X) produced from the liquid by- products of the gasification of lignite coal.."
Synthetic fuel has already been tested by the USAF.. based on that data..we could skip the testing on the engines and put the fuel into use..
It would take a large burden off our petroleum imports.
Im no chemical engineer though...

I didn't expect Dr. Samar Mubarak Mand to seduce simple Pakistanis into thinking that Pakistan can solve its electricity problems.

Oh sorry! I forgot. RHETORIC and EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS are traits ingrained in our genes.

Dam banaanay nahein aur chalein hein coal gasification karnay.

Khuda ka khauf karo aur dam banao.

I didn't expect Dr. Samar Mubarak Mand to seduce simple Pakistanis into thinking that Pakistan can solve its electricity problems.

Oh sorry! I forgot. RHETORIC and EMOTIONAL OUTBURSTS are traits ingrained in our genes.

Oh pai...kya tumhara family business interest hai DAM's mein...

Do you know the collateral impacts dams have?
Compared to that..this system has a comparatively smaller ecological footprint..
kam se kam agay sochne ki tu salhaiyat hai..
warna tu phir se saare tractor pheko..and back to those bullocks.
Whether the money exist or not.. is a matter to be seen..
But Dr Samar ranks very high in the establishment.. when he speaks...most listen.

Dam to banay gai nahi or hum coal gasification bhi na karain.

KHUDA KA KHOF KARO AUR HUMAIN AGAY BHARNAY DO

Dam to banay gai nahi or hum coal gasification bhi na karain.

KHUDA KA KHOF KARO AUR HUMAIN AGAY BHARNAY DO

Bhai Jan, mein aap ko coal gasification say ziada acha idea dayta hon:

Start mining for Uranium in the ASTEROID BELT and bring it back to earth to run the 500 nuclear power plants that have been secretly contructed by our VERY EFFICIENT GOVERNMENT.

Back
Top Bottom